mrray13

bought my x-mas gift tonite

yep..she's abeaut!!

not too expensive, but fullof quality and soon to be full of 185g sjhp's..hehe

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

post-66-1103511851_thumb.jpg

Wussy:) I just bought me a Christmas present also, Glock 20 full of 15 rounds of 200 grain JHP 10mm. I love having my CCW permit:) Will post pics of mine later tonight. It was factory reconditioned though and not brand spanking new, but good enough for me. Going to use it to go deer hunting.

You know the 40 S&W stand for "Short and Weak" don't you? :lol2:

Have you gottena chance to shoot it yet? I was looking at the SW99 in the .45 for a while. I like Smith's. Well built guns that are not extremely expensive. My father got the S&W 500 last year. He still hasn't put any of the large 440 grain loads in it yet though:)

Hope you enjoy your new piece!

Not a S&W fan. Sig and Walther do it for me. Although that 50cal might be fun.

no chance to shot it as it's still not in my possesion. i have to wait the required three days...so with that and work...i won't have it until sunday after christmas.

oh well...it'll be fun.

while i'll agree sig is a nice piece, i'm buying my boy a walther .22 semiauto soon..glock is just , well, i don't like them. they aren't extremely accurate, have too much muzzle flash and while they are indeed very durable and reliable, they are closer to my 6th choice rather then first. i'd still own one, i just wouldn't buy it..hehe

i will give a review after i get it..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

as to that .50 ss..at $45 for 15 rds and right at $800 for the revolver..they can keep it..

tire..u got it made. indiana allows both silencers and full auto...illinois don't allow chit...

bought a holster for the .40 today..hehe

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

No full auto; that's considered assualt type here.

I need to go renew my permit too but the damn jail only allows registration on Wednesdays from 8 to noon. Some people have to work you know. Bastards!

fully auto is permited in ohio...

i want a nice 9mm... less kick than a 45 but with as much stopping power

but... the law is i can't buy a gun... but i can own one... but i can't get a concealed carry license

and if i get a concealed carry the fingerprint you... fudge that

CCW age here is 18, buying of course, 21.

I prefer a smaller caliber. I wanna do some internal damage not just blow a hole.

No full auto;  that's considered assualt type here.

I need to go renew my permit too but the damn jail only allows registration on Wednesdays from 8 to noon.  Some people have to work you know.  Bastards!

there's a local dealer here who owns a store in evansville, indiana. he "rents" full auto weapons so people can play with them at his range, and range only. he told me that u can indeed buy full auto in indiana. hmmmmmm..time to do some research.

i want a nice 9mm... less kick than a 45 but with as much stopping power

u about to open up a whole can of worms with that statement :lol2::faintthud:

a 9mm has in almost no way the same stopping power as a .45. more velocity? yes. but ur talking about a .380" projectile compared to a .45" projectile. in the world of guns, size does matter. i won't get into all of it now..but i'm open for the debate if anyone else is.

also, ohio allows full auto? damn, i live in the wrong state.

also, fingerprints...bah!! :wacko: the goverment has enuff copies of mine to wallpaper their office :lol2::woot: but i understand ur idea.

i should pick up my baby sometime after noon today..hehe

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Per my fellow law enforcement friends, fully automatic weapons in Indiana are not legal for possesion/carry/ownership unless you have a special law enforcement or military permit, in which case it would be for military, law enforecement use ONLY. Funny thing is, the large local gunshop ( the JL AUDIO of gunshops around here), has several on display, as well as laser sites whcih are also illegal in this state.

Maybe things are changing, but I don't know. It's been almost a year since I've studied the laws. Better brush up on that before I renew.

Per my fellow law enforcement friends, fully automatic weapons in Indiana are not legal for possesion/carry/ownership unless you have a special law enforcement or military permit, in which case it would be for military, law enforecement use ONLY.  Funny thing is, the large local gunshop ( the JL AUDIO of gunshops around here), has several on display, as well as laser sites whcih are also illegal in this state.

Maybe things are changing, but I don't know.  It's been almost a year since I've studied the laws.  Better brush up on that before I renew.

yes..do some research....NOW :hyper::finger::lol2: as i'm curious as hell over what is legal there or not.

thanks my friend..hehe

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

assault ban is expired...

hollow points...

perhaps not as much stopping power... but still plenty of it...

more accurate. and ease of use in close combat.

assault ban is expired...

hollow points...

perhaps not as much stopping power... but still plenty of it...

more accurate. and ease of use in close combat.

even with hollowpoints..a 9mm isn't the greatest, which is why most law enforcement agencies have switched to .40 s&w....some to the .357 sig....the .40 provides close to 9mm velocity while still giving u a .40 projectile. some think the 10mm (basicly a .40 s&w with more velocity, muzzle energy..ie: more powder in the case...lol) is the best round...but it's too expensive, isn't proven to be anymore reliable, accurate or powerful. the .357 sig is considered by most to be the perfect all around pistol cartridge...one day i hope to own one.

and a 9 more accurate? depends on the firearm and the shooter. better for follow up shots...yeah, due to less recoil, the 9 is easier to get back on target. but with a .45 u may not need as many second shots. :lol2::faintthud:

all in all..it's alot like car audio.......it's what fits ur hand, not mine. it's how much recoil u want to feel, not me. u like 9's? u'd be better off with one as u'd be more comfortable shooting it, thus u would get good with it. a couple of exceptions to that rule (IMO) is the .25 and the .380 (9x17 or 9mm short to some)...both are worthless. with the .25, ur paying more money for a .22..might as well get the .22....with the .380, it used to be thought that the smaller cartridge was a great back-up..but with the advent of compact and sub compact 9mm, .40 s&w, and even .45's..u can have a great back-up that will actually achieve it's intended purpose....put bullet's into the target.

enuff rambling...today i go shoot my new baby for the first time...lol

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Been to the range a few times and come to find out I need more practice:) At 25 yeards I have a group of 4". Thankfully I have quite a while till hunting season. The 10 defenitely has a large bang and the recoil isn't ba at all. Not like I thought it would be.

Does anyone caryy there gun at all? I am looking at holsters and damn there are a lot of choices! Just trying to see what any one prefers.

mrray13 - been able to get to the range with yours?

Here is my block of Glock. Sorry for the bad pic, I want to get a new camera here soon. It doesn't like to focus well on some stuff. Anyways, the one drawback to the 10 like mentioned above is the price of ammo. Unfortunately you can't buy bulk packs like you can with the 9. That is why one of my next purchases is a .40 cal conversion barrel for plinking or the 22 conversion for even cheaper plinking.

post-30-1105400635_thumb.jpg

I haven't carried since MArch, but I have always used Wilson holsters. At least I think that is the name. They sell them at the local shop and I love them. Pretty pricey though. I think I paid $60 or so for my .25 holster. It was a nice Neoprene one though and held it SNUG, but not too snug for a quick draw.

i like uncle mike's holsters....a nice paddle one is great for carry

i have ran about 40 round thru my .40 (40 thru the 40 lol) and it's a smooth shooter....it shoots a lil low, but that can be fixed :lol2:

tire...a .25????? a girls gun..hehe

anyway, did u know glock sued s&w over the sigmaseries? that's how closely related they are....

petey, get the .40 conversion, i don't think u'll notice much difference between the 10 and the 40, except a touch of recoil and the cost to plink...

i just bought 100rd bulk 165fmj winchesters for $16...they shoot really clean, didn't need to clean a whole lot :+1:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

tire...a .25????? a girls gun..hehe

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I'm a small guy and quickly grew tired of lugging my 357magnum around. :)

Nice Rossi revolver. I miss that gun.

Thanks for the advice on holsters. I might have some time to look and maybe pick one up tomorrow. I have about 100 Rds through mine.

Oh, and the cheapest I have found my amoo is $15 for 50 shots. Not horrible, but I wouldn't mind something a little cheaper.

Thanks for the advice on holsters. I might have some time to look and maybe pick one up tomorrow. I have about 100 Rds through mine.

Oh, and the cheapest I have found my amoo is $15 for 50 shots. Not horrible, but I wouldn't mind something a little cheaper.

50 for $15 is about average for something fmj.

when u buy ur holster, take ur weapon with u. i can't stress this enuff. if they won't let u bring it in,make sure they have the same model in stock so u can see how it fits. also, if this is a CC holster or even an OC holster, put in on with the weapon in place. move around, bend over, walk a lil. ever holster fits everyone different and ur 10mm isn;t a small weapon. don't just buy on looks or price...

tire...rossi makes a decent gun for the $$. why did u get rid of it? if it was a 4" or smaller, it couldn't have weighed much. besides, a .25 will just piss off the perp...lol....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: