Sign in to follow this  
dustin420

College football

just wondering does anyone on here watch college football? if so can someone explain something to me. why the fvck is ohio state ranked in the top 5 or considered to make it to the bcs championship game? im from oHIo and even i can't belive it. i mean they do have talent but come on getting their ass handed to them the last two years should mean something, but obvisouly it doesn't.

I think they have a bunch of returning starters again? Many of the other contenders lost key players so there is uncertainty about how the new person will fill in. and plus, getting to the championship two years in a row does say something, whether or not they were even close in either of the games.

ya getting their and acutally making it a game i could see but getting owned 2 times in a row should say hey look at us were so overrated. i also find it funny that florida a team that dominated ohio a year before lost to michigan in their bowl game haha. but anyway i think georgia will make it this year and if osu makes it again they will get destroyed even worse then before.

Go Cougars :D

huh who the fvck are they? haha JK but ya i see georgia is ranked 1 while osu is ranked 2 thats right although i think osu should be back about 5-6th on my list.

Ohio State gets overrated every year by the sports writers. Their strength of schedule is a joke every year. Who cares if they end with a good record, they don't play anyone and are in a hugely overrated conference. I'd like to see them try to play an SEC schedule and see how they end the year.

ya everyone talks about the osu/usc game im like why? to me both teams are overrated but i think usc will still win maybe that will show osu isn't as good as everyone says.

Don't worry they'll still end up in the top 5 at the end of the year because even though USC will pound them into the ground it's early enough in the season that it will be forgotten at the end mainly because they will play only one close game against another mediocre (and way overrated) team the rest of the season. Meanwhile the truly good teams wil play other good teams and might lose a game or two during the season. The result is that a mediocre team with inflated preseason ranking and an easy schedule can play for the national championship just about every year. OSU has proven that the last two years.

One of the main things that I hate about using polls for ranking is that they can ignore whatever they want to. Later games carry more weight than early games. The SEC automatically gets discriminated against because of the preponderance of sports writers from the NE, midwest and LA areas. You know that OSU will start every year in the top 10. So will USC. Notre Dame somehow ends up ranked to start every season even though they haven't had a decent team in years. You can just about look at the preseason rankings and the schedules of the ranked teams and figure out who is going toplay for the national championship. The only thing that ever has a chance of upsetting this is a surprise win over one of these teams by one of the "pushovers" that they used to pad their schedule. Think Appalacian State. Too bad that couldn't have happened later in the season. I think it might have changed the whole end of year rankings rather than being forgotten by the end of the season.

I'm of the opinion that a playoff, while preferable isn't realistic in college football, but the polling system and especially the BCS system is so broken that just about anything is better. The fact that they limit bowl bids to certain conferences tells you right there that system is hugely biased. Now given Hawaii did not help the case for changing that last year.

Yay, another year for the Chokies...

:(

so true, only thing im gonna add is hawii had to face georgia which i thoght should of been a bcs contender so i knew hawii didn't stand a chance. the appilachian i really thought appilachian was better and its funny cause i was reading somewhere it said a bunch of well known teams didn't wanna face them in fear that they might lose and look as bad as micigan.

I thought that UGA had one of the best teams (if not THE best team) in the country last year at the end. BUT, if you can't win your conference, you shouldn't be able to play for the national title. There may not be a national tournament but there are conference championships. That was the only argument that Michigan fans would listen to 2 yrs ago when it came to why they shouldn't get a rematch against OSU for the title. The fact that their team wasn't that good (reiterated in the bowl game that they did go to) was lost on them.

Conferences like the SEC where you have a lot of really strong teams every year kinda get the shaft from the BCS compared to conferences that have only one or two teams that are pretty good. You could have justified putting an SEC team in pretty much every one of the BCS bowls last year. Instead they get penalized for having a large strong conference and average teams get the nod because they were #2 in a third-rate, over-hyped conference.

pac-10 and SEC are most underrated conferences. go bears! writers polls are so biased. it's like trying to get west coast team coverage on espn. all i hear is bla bla yankees bla bla red sox bla bla patriots bla bla jeter sucks a-rod bla bla on sportscenter. it's the same with college football and the big 10.

OMG i just read the paper today and had a whole article talking about why OSU will make it back to the bcs game and one of the points was because they have a "hard" schedule hahaha what the fvck? hard my ass the best teams they play are usc, wisconsin, and maybe michigan and michigan is trying to begin a completly new system so i hardly doubt there be a challange. wtf i hate this chit i honestly hope osu gets their ass handed to them every game of the year to shut up all the stupid fvcks that vote for them to be in the championship game.

Jayhawks :) Have to show that last year was no fluke, and this time they'll actually play a decently hard schedule.

Go Cougars :D

cougars rule

Jayhawks :) Have to show that last year was no fluke, and this time they'll actually play a decently hard schedule.

they were pretty good last year but who did they play? no one really i can't even rememeber who they lost to. to me they'd have to beat some well known team for me to give them the nod.

they are not gonna make it to the bcs championship or probly even conference champs but i gotta say Woo Pig Sooie. even though Arkansas lost mcfadden and jones ,new coach bobby petrino should b able to do something with the rest of the Hogs.

they were pretty good last year but who did they play? no one really i can't even rememeber who they lost to. to me they'd have to beat some well known team for me to give them the nod.

Yeah that's what I mean. Their schedule was soft last year except for the last two games (against Missouri who they lose to, and Va. Tech in the Orange Bowl). But this year Oklahoma, Texas, and Texas Tech are back on the schedule. And at South Florida in the nonconference schedule. The last 5 years they've just played louisiana tech and Florida A&M-type teams in the preseason.

anyone watch some games yesterday? had some pretty good ones illi/mizou was a good one. but as allways all you here about is how good osu is and how they "proved" why their number 2 with their domination over the other team which i can't even remember who the fvck they are. then you got the "upset" where michigan lost oh my god. jeez when will people learn to shut the fvck up. one Um has only 10 returning starters and only 3 i think are on offense, then you gt a new head coach trying to incorperate a complete new system. add that to they have a freshman QB and running back. what do you expect they come out and win 85-0 over utah fvckin morons. although i say wait about 2-3 years then well see when osu is getting dominated by 21points to UM then well see who is overrated. haha.

I watched the Clemson vs Bama game.

Clemson let me down. :(

They didn't seem to have any drive.

I sure hope they can turn there season around.

ya ddin't see the whole game just higlights and clemson look like they didn't come to play. although they faced a very good team it didn't look to good. it the first game though so im sure they'll come back fighting strong.

anyone watch some games yesterday? had some pretty good ones illi/mizou was a good one. but as allways all you here about is how good osu is and how they "proved" why their number 2 with their domination over the other team which i can't even remember who the fvck they are. then you got the "upset" where michigan lost oh my god. jeez when will people learn to shut the fvck up. one Um has only 10 returning starters and only 3 i think are on offense, then you gt a new head coach trying to incorperate a complete new system. add that to they have a freshman QB and running back. what do you expect they come out and win 85-0 over utah fvckin morons. although i say wait about 2-3 years then well see when osu is getting dominated by 21points to UM then well see who is overrated. haha.

wow, you're REALLY defensive. ha. don't you know about sports these days? nobody wants to wait 2-3 years. They want it all now.

I watched the East Carolina-virginia tech game. That was pretty awesome. The ending was great, with east carolina turning it around on VT and blocking a kick and returning it for a TD for the win.

ya ddin't see the whole game just higlights and clemson look like they didn't come to play. although they faced a very good team it didn't look to good. it the first game though so im sure they'll come back fighting strong.

I think they got overrated during the preseason.