Punkeyboozter

Me again.. input voltage

Hi Guys,

As some of you might know im planning to get a saz 3000 D when my ship come in. I am also planning to get a eclipse 7200 due to some pretty fancy features. Problem is that it said to put out 8v on paper while the saz is said to except 6 V on paper. Sure I believe the specs of the Saz more but and sure the eclipse dont put the 8 v all the time if ever, but will these two pair up nicely and if not what will happen.

thx again.

They'll be fine together. 8v is usually the max unclipped voltage the deck will send.

you might be ok but i've seen problems with the eclipse decks where i work. it seems to burn out some amplifiers that say they will take a 6 volt input. They put those numbers there for a reason.

if i use a 5 M RCA will that change any thing? The thing is i really want to go active a this thing comes with coper chasis and what not. will a 9887 with a 701 be a better option? :(

the length or quality of the RCA does nothing for the input voltage .As far as the 9887 if you're talking about the alpine you can never go wrong with one

if i use a 5 M RCA will that change any thing? The thing is i really want to go active a this thing comes with coper chasis and what not. will a 9887 with a 701 be a better option? :(

if you get the 9887, you wont need the 701

the 9887 wont even work with the 701, all you need to go active, is already built in, you can go for a 3 way active system and (inofficial) use imprint, official imprint only works with a 2way setup, but thats bs

Play a sine wave and see where you deck puts out over 6 volts - then don't turn it up past there.

To use an oscilloscope, he would have to find one then find someone who knows how to use it! Not very easy where I live any ways.

Not 100% sure on this but with my Sundowns and my CD5000, I set it to volume 60 and had no issues. Volume goes to 80, maybe it corresponds to the pre-out voltage.

Not 100% sure on this but with my Sundowns and my CD5000, I set it to volume 60 and had no issues. Volume goes to 80, maybe it corresponds to the pre-out voltage.

no all of the eclipse units go to 80 useing an Oscope I noticed that my avn5500 starts to clip at 64

so is it safe to say that it can be done safely? or would you guys recommend i go with another unit that can run active? i dont want to turn the knob 5 times to get a good volume either my current sony if i turn it to twenty its about where i want it. btw if i change i cant take double din unfortunatly

Just get a Kenwood Xcelon Deck...... There 5v Preout RMS... Perfect DECKS Ill Never Switch out... Ive used EVERY deck out there.... And kenwood Has always Been the best IMO!

Just get a Kenwood Xcelon Deck...... There 5v Preout RMS... Perfect DECKS Ill Never Switch out... Ive used EVERY deck out there.... And kenwood Has always Been the best IMO!

ya i actually use to have a kenwood 2 back in the day, but here every one is alpine and pioneer crazed. did considder the p80 as well but imaho id rather get the 9887 for that money. can this deck you are referring run active? 2-way +sub? may i know the model you are referring 2 pls?

thx

I don't think it can. My buddy has the top of the line 08 Kenwood Nav and I'm pretty sure it can't. It's a badass unit, but for the actual system... my 9887 blows it out of the water.... can not go wrong at all with the 9887.

the 9887 wont even work with the 701, all you need to go active, is already built in, you can go for a 3 way active system and (inofficial) use imprint, official imprint only works with a 2way setup, but thats bs

what is the inofficial imprint?

and 3-way i.e. 2way + sub?

Play a sine wave and see where you deck puts out over 6 volts - then don't turn it up past there.

sorry care to exsplain? and how do i test this? i dont have a o-scope but the thieves at the audio shop will let me use it $100 bucks a go

whould it be better to stick to a 4V deck. I think at the moment its pretty much between the eclipse 7200 and the 9887

Hook a multimeter capable of measuring AC voltage to the RCA outs on the deck and play a -0dB sinewave. Turn the volume up until the meter reads 6V, and remember the volume number on the deck. Don't turn the deck up past that in the future.

Hook a multimeter capable of measuring AC voltage to the RCA outs on the deck and play a -0dB sinewave. Turn the volume up until the meter reads 6V, and remember the volume number on the deck. Don't turn the deck up past that in the future.

thx for all the help guys.. what you discribe above is like gain matching with any other headunit right?so where will i get a -0db sinewave and wich will make for a better H/U at the end of the day?

Steve explained what I meant - seems that customers have it handled :)

ya your customers are very wise..

my installer confirmed should work just fine thx

now from "Your" exsperience should a 110 amp alt work with two biggish deepcycle batts using only around 2000RMS into 1 ohm from the saz 3000 D or am a I better of with a diff amp? the plan is to power two BL 12;s

but my electrical is weak and here where i live its about as stong as it will get..not to mention i pay about double for everything you guys use... at least the amps are very reasonable here

Without pushing the 3000 to the limits you will be alright - it is quite efficient.

wth are you talking about? A 9887 can only do a 2 way front stage + sub, not a 3-way. Plus imprint is completely useless.

I have now lost all respect for you. :(

you might be ok but i've seen problems with the eclipse decks where i work. it seems to burn out some amplifiers that say they will take a 6 volt input. They put those numbers there for a reason.

Where you work there are a lot of idiots, a lot. You said problems in the plural, none of the people that have had these "problems" are qualified to install :(

If the deck has 8v outputs, why do you have to turn it up all the way ? You will get max output from the amplifier at a lower volume of the deck. Only thing you have to do is know when to stop turning the volume knob..

If the deck has 8v outputs, why do you have to turn it up all the way ? You will get max output from the amplifier at a lower volume of the deck. Only thing you have to do is know when to stop turning the volume knob..

ya i suppose its like with any other deck once you have set the gains you dont go past that special digit, problem is you always get other people wanting to touch your bottons.. but i will keep the bamboo at hand so i can ninja them