Sign in to follow this  
rushnrun

Recone for HK12X2?

Hey, I've got a MA Audio HK12X2 that is in need of a recone, I burped it once in '04 finals (it was it's first and las burp) it's been sitting since.

The recone will need to be for spl Application, 3" VC 3/16-1/4" gap

I'd appreciate any info.

Thanks

DSCN2634.jpg

Edited by rushnrun

I ALSO NEED SOME RECONES FOR 2 DIAMOND AUDIO D6 10'S (04 SERIES) AND A SOUNDSTREAM T-5 10

MORE WORRIED ABOUT THE HK12X2 RECONE.

possibly recone it into a 15?

HK12X2 to a 15" driver will be $127 + shipping.

You can buy the kit and recone it yourself, or Scott will recone it for you and not charge labor. So, the only difference in price would be the shipping of the parts, vs. shipping the complete sub.

If you want to recone it yourself, need the following:

Your zip code (for a final price with shipping)

top plate thickness

top plate gap inner diameter

pole outer diameter

Need to get some calipers and get good measurements.

Diamond subs would need to be sent in for recones.

Soundstream T-5's cannot be reconed by Fi.

Brian

Thanks for the info, I'll try and get it measured out tomarrow.

Bringing this back up.. I'm needing an 18 to run so I need this thing turned into an 18... any idea on specs... (i know the specs are dependent on the motor..) Looking at doing this fairly soon...

Talking about the HK12X2 motor... it's a pretty beefie motor so hopefully it's worthwhile....?

18 or a 21 recone would be cool :)

I'd be sending it in BTW... wanna make sure all is good.. I'm gonna try to have a few different 18's to play with this season...

I have pricing to make it an 18. Did you ever PM me a zip code so I can determine shipping costs?

Brian

Still is no guarantee that we can recone it...

Get a set of digital calipers and see if the coil that you have in that thing was 3.000"

If it was weird like 2.908 or something of that nature we will not be able to recone it..and you are wasting your time.

Also not 100% sure if that motor could support an 18" assembly anyhow..

Thanks!

Nick

his 12 looks a bit different than the one that was just brought into my place...I need an 18" DVC 2 ( original coil config is quad 1.5) recone its the older one with the 6 spoke basket? done one of those before? i dont really wanna cut it up it still has 3 of 4 coils left to play on :Doh:

Get a set of digital calipers and see if the coil that you have in that thing was 3.000"

If it was weird like 2.908 or something of that nature we will not be able to recone it..and you are wasting your time.

Thanks!

Nick

I'll get a pair of good calipers and give it a measure. It's a pretty hefty motor.. I don't have a problem doing a 15 if you don't think it'll work as an 18... or you could go the other way and make a beastly 10 :)

Thanks!

Nick

got the calipers out... they're +or- 1/16" on accuracy... :/

the coil reads 3.000" inner diameter.. outer diameter reads 3.249"

Sign in to follow this