2000LaDe

Sundown Takes 1st

alright well i just got my install in my crx finished today. and decided to show up at some small competition in danville illinois called bass wars or something like that. unfortunetly they are still using the audiocontrol. im running 2 Treo SSi 15s off a sundown 3000d with the gain turned all the way down. VERY BADASS might i add with the gain at 0.

there wasnt much competition there. well technically there was pretty much nobody that knew what they were doing it seemed like. but hey u'll have that. the crew running it didnt expect the score i put up :) SUPRISE!

pics of the install/car/score

IMG00205.jpg

IMG00206.jpg

IMG00200.jpg

IMG00204.jpg

IMG00207.jpg

IMG00209.jpg

IMG00211.jpg

figured since im team sundown and that my van kicked the can id represent with my daily driver :)

im VERY happy considering im only running 2 mid level 15s. should be a solid 150+ on the TL on music even with the gain turned all the way down.

Nice score!

whats funny is i was louder than everyone there by 3db and i just got it installed and running. burped at 48hz and my voltage is around 13.6-13.8v which is where my alternator charges. so im not seeing much out of the amp i dont think with the gain at 0 but its intense. gotta get videos sometime. the guys at the shop was like who did your install. they didnt believe that i did it myself. i rolled into the lanes and they had no clue who i was because ive never been to any of thier comps before haha. im pleased. gotta get this thing on the TL though. i dont like audiocontrol numbers haha especially when u can change the sensitivity on it.

soooooooo yah i got on the TL today. im not as happy on the meter as i am to the ear i guess. i burped it on the TL sealed on the dash and only managed a 148.6db. but did manage a 151.0db in the kick haha for chits and grins.

my HU is a 5v pre out. so with 0 gain im VERY happy with the sundown amp. just too bad im not a 150 sealed on the dash though. o well it sounds AMAZING! on any music that i play so im very happy with the install. it wasnt designed for an SPL application. its my daily driver. so no matter the numbers i just wanted a great sounding setup and i got it luckily. first enclosure with aeroports and im very pleased. wish i could demo it for more peeps just to show it off. most would be VERY impressed with midlevel 15s :)

Very nice score. i jus hit a 147.30 on a single btl and a saz 3k on offical TL. did you ever do it on some music to find out what you hit'n not burping?

Edited by Joseph M

yes i did a 147.7 on one song. not sure the freq just had like 10 min on the TL before i had to leave. i havent set up my TL on my lappy yet so i havent got to do much real testing but for more of an SQ install im VERY pleased. can play rock/rap/country/classic everything and it will sound AMAZING! very happy with my treo's and sundown

35hz which is dead on with all music i listen too. turned out great. i was demo'ing sweet home alabama hardcore :) im very pleased with thre Treo TSX components on rock.

Nice score.

hey hank did you ever get any of those amps from andrew?

nah i never did. my new van i went with memphis because the deal that i got for it all. couldnt pass it up.

i know i know it has no sound. used a crappy camera but u can get the jist of things

th_finishedssinosound.jpg

finished photos.

P1040017.jpg

P1040009.jpg

P1040003.jpg

P1040014.jpg

103_2999.jpg

next project is my astro van at the beggining of next year

Edited by 2000LaDe