grandhustle575

amp is a Orion 2500D.. electrical questions

the 2500 has two ground and two power inputs that both need to be filled.. how do i do this? getting a second ground is obviously easy, but how can i run a second power wire? do i just get a distrib block?

i have a grand cherokee with a stock 160 amp alt. im gonna run 0 ga instead of the 4 i have now.. how do you think i will do as far as power is concerned? electrical risk?

i was thinking about just getting a new battery, is it possible to just hook it up as my start up battery or am i better off to run it to the back.. im trying to save money so i would rather not run it back.

IF you intend on getting your full 2500 watts out of it, a second battery is in order.

1/0awg from the front battery to the second battery. 1/0awg to a distro. 4awg to amp.

You will be ok for normal usage, but if you want the utmost out of that amplifier, I would consider a second battery.

i had 1/0 going back to the distro and short runs of 4guage and it worked just fine

i had 1/0 going back to the distro and short runs of 4guage and it worked just fine

x2 I had those amps for years, my favorite.

x3. I've been doing it this way for a year or two.