Shockwave

FI Q15" vs. RDSonance 15"

I am really looking forward to getting a Q15 but its taking some time and I need to make a decision soon. It will probably take another copuple of weeks to get the stuff finalized with the FI, based on how busy those guys are (still waiting for shipping costs etc. from them to place the order) vs. the Sonance, I can probablly have shipped within 3 days or so. I was told that the new RDSonance 15" (1200rms) is comparable to the FI Q15". I have read al lot and experienced the FI products but have never been exposed to the SOnance products. I really lie the FI's but time is begining to become a factor. Does anyone have any thoughts or feedback that can help me make a decision? Thanks in advance

Edited by Shockwave

I personally wouldn't deal with RD.

There are plenty of other good alternatives if you're unsure about Fi. Are you looking more for accuracy or SPL?

well said that is all.

to OG look into fi q, aa havoc, id max, maybe an eclipse ti. all good subs.

There are plenty of other good alternatives if you're unsure about Fi. Are you looking more for accuracy or SPL?

I am looking for accuracy. I like what I see from FI the only reason that I looked for another option is that it's been taking some time to get it going, and the guy supplying my amp was working a package deal. I was very iffy on the option of going with the RD, but I thought I would get an opinion from others. I know that the guys @ FI are very busy, but just trying to get my setup done sooner than later. I'm still leaning towards to FI.

Unless you have a specific reason to do so (custom fiberglass work or whatnot), I'd have to recommend SI's Mag 12" for that price range. Doubtful you'll notice any output loss if it's accuracy you're after, and it's a good option for your budget. As of now, it's really the best sounding 12" driver I've heard that's under $700.

The OZ Audio ME 15" is slightly more than the Q, IIRC, but it's a very good-sounding alternative as well.

Or you could check out the Mach5 IXL series, I haven't heard them personally but some people have whose ears I trust :)

i have the q15 and love it.

i think it has free shipping from fi.

and i think it took like 9 days to get it after i ordered it for them to build it from scatch and shipping.

well worth the wait !!!!!!!

can't see getting much more sound quality with this much sound pressure

i have mine running on a sundown saz-1500d and it loves it.

the saz1500d is more than i need and more than the q15 needs so it is loafing {very clean signal}

i would think that the sae1000 would be more than enough.

i also tried my q15 on a 600w class a/b and it was pounding just fine...

i have never heard SOnance so i can't help you compare

good luck with what ever you choose.

Thanks for all the feedback from everyone... sounds like I should just be patient and wait :(. I plan on pushing the sub with the sundown sae 1000d, which I hope should be fine.

well said that is all.

to OG look into fi q, aa havoc, id max, maybe an eclipse ti. all good subs.

Did you have an issue with an RD product?

Actually the RD product I listened to (Alpha v1) didn't sound all that bad - wasn't anything special, and certainly wasn't worth what they were charging for it. But it didn't do anything particularly bad - although I was told later versions would be more SPL-oriented which would change things a bit :)

But the conduct of their online reps was. Childish would be putting it mildly...not people I would want to support with my money, I'd rather shop elsewhere :)

But the conduct of their online reps was. Childish would be putting it mildly...not people I would want to support with my money, I'd rather shop elsewhere :)

bingo, products are pretty decent overall but the owner/reps are well, tards. theres a thread on roe where chad aka visitor makes a list of all their "BS" if you want ill find it for you. i personally will never buy their stuff.

cool thanks for the feedback... The person I was dealing with is from Alberta, Canada and he seems to be a pretty solid guy, he is the canadian distributer for the Sundown products. I spoke to him on the phone a few times and he cool but. Actually, he is giving offering me a pretty good price for the 15" (on sale $250), that's why i questioned their quality. I have had no real dealings with SA themselves. I agree that customer service is key... Like I said, I love what I see and heard from FI stuff, I can get a hold of Scott to place my order, I will be a happy camper (that's the part that sucks bieng in Canada, you can't order directly online).

Edited by Shockwave

I think I know who you are talking to. The amplifier (Sundown) is a great choice, and between the two speakers, there is no question go with the Fi.

congrats i bet you will be happy.

when you first listen to it remember it needs to break-in.

it will get better and better and better.

i have been pushing mine as hard as i can take it as often as i can for a month + now.

and it is still getting better, i would have been satisfied after week 2.

You made the right decision.

Thanks... I feel more content now... Im just waiting for the delivery then the install.

Now I think that I need to change my ground wires to the battery and altinator to minimize the impact. I don't planning on adding a cap roght now, but am thinking about changing the battery.

:NeedPics:

I Loved my 18" Q but can't get a hold of Scott to fix it!!!!! well i talk to Steve and he hook me up with a 15" Alpha v2 and OMG sq is way better then the Q and did it ever get LOUD. so I get another one and all i can say is GOD ***!!!!! there being push by a 3250 @ 1/2ohm so 3750rms in a 7.5Cubes @ 34Hz made by BJ Fisher thanks again BJ!! best thing i like about RD i can call and talk to Steve the owner if i ever need anything. and just wish Scott could fix my 18" Q so i can sell it. both c.o. are really good but just email come on Scott?

Lol.

I Loved my 18" Q but can't get a hold of Scott to fix it!!!!! well i talk to Steve and he hook me up with a 15" Alpha v2 and OMG sq is way better then the Q and did it ever get LOUD. so I get another one and all i can say is GOD ***!!!!! there being push by a 3250 @ 1/2ohm so 3750rms in a 7.5Cubes @ 34Hz made by BJ Fisher thanks again BJ!! best thing i like about RD i can call and talk to Steve the owner if i ever need anything. and just wish Scott could fix my 18" Q so i can sell it. both c.o. are really good but just email come on Scott?

What does the q have. i might just buy it

I am really looking forward to getting a Q15 but its taking some time and I need to make a decision soon. It will probably take another copuple of weeks to get the stuff finalized with the FI, based on how busy those guys are (still waiting for shipping costs etc. from them to place the order) vs. the Sonance, I can probablly have shipped within 3 days or so. I was told that the new RDSonance 15" (1200rms) is comparable to the FI Q15". I have read al lot and experienced the FI products but have never been exposed to the SOnance products. I really lie the FI's but time is begining to become a factor. Does anyone have any thoughts or feedback that can help me make a decision? Thanks in advance

I have had the pleasure to hear a pair of RD Sonance 12s sealed and I was impressed to say the least. The were powered off a 1500 watt Kicker amp. They got loud, sounded smooth and hit with alot of impact. I know that some of the people that work with RD are sketchy, however they do make some high quality stuff.

Edited by Jysoe