Sign in to follow this  
mBone 20

Looking into a 15 fi btl

Hey, my first post on the board! I like it so far and I expect to be posting a lot more on this forum.

I'm very new to car audio, I just got my first set up about 2 months ago. I hahve 2 12 Ultra Linear Subs and 1 1000 XA Eclipse amp, yeah nothing great ( All for sale)

My new set up I wanna go with a 15 BTL. I was wondering If I could get some advice from some of you with what I will need to get this sub to reach full potential Amp,Battery? Capacitator? etc..

Thanks guys, and great forum!

Personally, I'd probably start out with a Q or BL, but that's just me...

when someone comes on the forums asking "what i need to get full potential out of a sub" usually isn' prepared for a sub like a BTL...

meaning the BTL is a heavy hitter, sure the average joe can run the sub, but if you don't know what you need then that means you're looking someplace that you probably don't need to look... Those who want a bTL usualy have their system laid out, 4K watts 4 batteries HO alt, having the itch of the TL and looking for a sub to fit in would be the normal guys looking at BTL's... those who are undecuded usually fit the Q or BL...

A Q or a BL will 9 out of 10 times fit whatever it is your looking for...

BL can soak up to 2K with a proper install and build....

Q can soak up to 1500 same as above....

BL is daily driving low loud ass bass

Q is low end accurate bass.

I'd do the fully loaded BL with 2K ish on tap with 2 batteries in the trunk or one with a 150amp + Alt...

i vote bl.

Your looking at a very expensive electrical system, 1/0 wire, HO alternators, big ported box, added weight to the vehicle, expensive amplifier...etc etc.

I'd suggest that you not go with a BTL and look into the other lines as you probably don't want to spend all of that money on everything that goes along with running the big subs.

Thanks!

-Nick

So would a BTL 15 all the options and a sundown saz-1500 amp and a 1/0 install kit be ok for a daily BTL?

A Fully loaded BL 15 would be better

So would a BTL 15 all the options and a sundown saz-1500 amp and a 1/0 install kit be ok for a daily BTL?

A Fully loaded BL 15 would be better

Really? And louder? And i guess it would be cheaper. Thanks i was so close to buying it too lol

It would be fine.... but once again, that is an awful lot of money your spending and only using 1/4 of what the BTL is intended to do..

It's like buying a 4 channel amp and using only one channel... why buy the 4 channel when a single mono amp will do....

The BL will soak that 1500 watt amp and ask for more...

BTL is geared more toward extreme SPL and numbers though it can get down and dirty in the daily scene..

Extreme SPL is NOT loud low bass... it's usually high tuning subs moving AIR not so much low end sound....

The BL is geared toward low end daily beating (which to me is what you seem to be after)....

Judging by your post i would bet that if i played a 15" BL and a 15" BTL you would NOT be able to tell which is which...

It's not a marketing gimmick in fact the BTL is much more expensive then a BL...

It's more about practicality and getting your moneys worth...

But in your scenario that amp would push the BTL....

I would still look into upgrading the electrical... an extra battery in the trunk at least...

Also take head.. I'm sure you've seen and read thousands of BTL owners talking about it being supah loud....

adjust your gains accordingly, it's the allusion of people thinking that since the BTL can handle 2K+ and they have a 1500 watt amp on it that it is un-breakable so they crank the gains and crank the knob....

that's a 500 dollar mistake...

K so im getting a BL 15 but there is something wrong with the FI site cant see the speakers. Mabey that just my computer but im not sure.

make sure you accept the non-secure images alert.. it's perfectly fine...

try refresh i'm on it now...

make sure you accept the non-secure images alert.. it's perfectly fine...

try refresh i'm on it now...

Lol that thing dosent pop up but i will try and get it thanks alot. You saved me some moneys :)

I've noticed that too, i tried 4 different computers earlier and its the same deal. Only the Bl page doesn't pop up.

Edited by Dee

Whoa that usually means they are waiting for parts on the BL to arrive so they halt orders...

I'll give scott a call tomorrow and find out if this is in fact the case...

Whoa that usually means they are waiting for parts on the BL to arrive so they halt orders...

I'll give scott a call tomorrow and find out if this is in fact the case...

Lol ok thanks. cause i tryed 3 comps and i though it was just my internets

We pulled them off of the site due to being out of magnets...

We'd rather not have anybody order them and we have their money and them not have the Subwoofer(s) in a timely manner.

Thanks!

-Nick

We pulled them off of the site due to being out of magnets...

We'd rather not have anybody order them and we have their money and them not have the Subwoofer(s) in a timely manner.

Thanks!

-Nick

Are they putting on the same magnets as the BLT?

any idea when they will be back up..just got the money wen they took it off

Sign in to follow this