Sign in to follow this  
QuestionMan

Component setup help

Really haven't been on here much, so i'm even more out of the loop than i was. I planned on waiting till next spring (after cross country and wrestling) to do more with my audio, but i can't wait.

To start off, i really don't know a whole lot about speakers or tweeters, but i want something with good quality and good price, and from the looks of it, the Mach5 MLI-65 is great for the money. I'd also need some tweeters, and when i searched, most people recommended SEAs tweeters to compliment the mli. Does that sound good, what model of the tweeters, and are there any other suggestions?

I was thinking a 100x2 amp for the mli's (sundown, maybe), and just power the tweets from my HU, but then i don't have a good way to crossover them. So what should i do there? Sorry for the ignorance in advance. lol.

Please keep in mind that i don't need an all out SQ setup, and i don't need top of the line. What i do need is something that can keep up and sound well enough with what i have (18 bl and saz1500).

Thanks for reading.

If you're willing to wait a little, Sundown has a new 100.4 coming out in a few months. It has a new crossover board in it specifically designed for running a set of components active.

That'd be an ideal situation, no need for shitty head unit power that you can't crossover correctly, and no need for an external crossover.

If you're willing to wait a little, Sundown has a new 100.4 coming out in a few months. It has a new crossover board in it specifically designed for running a set of components active.

That'd be an ideal situation, no need for chitty head unit power that you can't crossover correctly, and no need for an external crossover.

Sounds good to me, but if i were to do that, isn't that a little much power for a tweet? Thanks for the help.. and i know it won't be exact, but you think this will be out around november?

Since the tweeters would be on separate channels than the mids with the 100.4, you could dial the gain down to match them to your tastes. You don't have to use all 100 watts.

That'd be an ideal situation, no need for chitty head unit power that you can't crossover correctly, and no need for an external crossover.

Sounds good to me, but if i were to do that, isn't that a little much power for a tweet? Thanks for the help.. and i know it won't be exact, but you think this will be out around november?

I think he is meaning you should wait until they have their new amp and get it, then you can have a crossover and amplifier for your mids and tweeters both.