Sign in to follow this  
Schmuck

Dual 12" EHQS enclosure ?

I am looking to build a box for 2 EHQS 12's to put in my room. The measurements of the box are 48" h x 20" w x 16" d, they are not for sure if you have any suggestions let me know I just want a tower design to go in the corner. And I was planning on using dual flared aeroports either 2 4" or 2 6". My question is how is my design will they sound good for HT use, if not please help me with my design to where they will perform the best and get the loudest. And what size ports should I use the 4" or the 6" ports, what tuning am I looking for with HT. I know alot about car audio and can build one hell of a box for a car setup but I am not too familiar with HT setups and what is the best way to build them to get the appropriate sound and performance.

large and tuned low like 2.5-3cu per sub after displacement tuned to 18-20hz. as far as port size, determine how large a box you can build and the calculate a port from there low tuning requires long ports aeros are nice, but it could be easier to make a slot port to get surface area and length. its tough to make long aeros without deep boxes. set your ss filter to 18hz and lowpass to 60hz should make a nice home theatre sub setup.

I would rather build two of those than double the size...much easier to move and if one sub goes the other won't be in a 6 cu ft ported enclosure