Sign in to follow this  
streetbeater07

Help please with picking new subs

Ok guys I need a little input on a few things. First off, I was running two FI Q 15's off of a 40.1 @ 1 ohm in a 8cuft box ported to 28hz and blew one to hell and the other one's coil is burnt like a motha... So I was thinking of going with either one 18 BTL or two 15 BTL's off of the 40.1 @ 1 ohm. What do you think? Either setup will be tuned to 32hz. I was planning on modifying the current box if I go the 15 route, but if I go with the 18, the box will be around 7.5~8 cuft tuned to 32hz. This will be a daily driver setup.

Just adding a different sub in the mix is no guarantee it won't explode in a short time, too...

One sub, run it at 2 ohms. Two subs, 1 ohm.

And for goodness sake, have someone who knows how to use an oscilloscope set your gains this time.

lol damn some mad power for them qs huh. the BTL should do ok off the 40.1 at 1 ohm of course non clipped. but 2 15s might be louder.

considering you blow things up id go with 2 15 btls with 2k to each that way the btls will have more leaway for your clipmode actions.

lol damn some mad power for them qs huh. the BTL should do ok off the 40.1 at 1 ohm of course non clipped. but 2 15s might be louder.

considering you blow things up id go with 2 15 btls with 2k to each that way the btls will have more leaway for your clipmode actions.

i dont think he has the space for 2 btls.

Definitely has the space for a pair of 15s. We have a few people running that combo and no one has blown anything at all...

With a 40.1 per sub, you definitely need to have things set up correctly. Much easier to do some damage by an improper filter setting...

o im sorry i didnt read that it was 2 15 inch btl's

i thought he was set on going 18's and in that case he has no room in his truck for 2 18 inch btls.

Sign in to follow this