Sign in to follow this  
bobc04

getting bored. Want to switch sub

So i'm getting bored... i have a sundown 1500 and i want to try out some different subs.... thinking about maybe three different subs.... the icon or the mag or the nightshade.... wut are the pros and cons of both.... and if you have any personal experience with them please share... thanks!

What do you have now, and what don't you like about it?

i like testing different subs out i actually had my system designed, and arranged so it was easy to swap boxes in and out.

and buying used is the most cost effective way to do so.

and i just so happen to have some nice high power handling sq based subs

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...showtopic=21516

Edited by stovebolt6

also if you don't like anything i have may i recommend the mach 5 ixl they are in the same category as the others you listed, and a very nice driver in my opinion.

don't get me wrong i really like my setup now.... i got a re sx. but i jus wanna see wut else there is

also if you don't like anything i have may i recommend the mach 5 ixl they are in the same category as the others you listed, and a very nice driver in my opinion.

are they more spl oriented or sQ?

don't get me wrong i really like my setup now.... i got a re sx. but i jus wanna see wut else there is

What. Thanks :)

If you're happy with an SX, I'd probably look into the MX or TC-3000 he's selling. The SDX's and O's are better suited for SQ...

Or perhaps a Fi BL if you're buying new, or Mach 5 SPL sub...

are they more spl oriented or sQ?

sq oriented but are very happy with exaggerated low end like the icon's.

nighthammer i mean nightshade ftw... prolly not for sq

howz the new mags? i heard they can get loud but for some reason i ain't feeling the more slim look

howz the new mags? i heard they can get loud but for some reason i ain't feeling the more slim look

i haven't had the pleasure of testing one yet, although it is on my list of things to try.

I like them better than the previous generation.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the cosmetics of the basket, but...unless you install it inverted, you'll never know :D

However, if you're looking for more SPL (and it sounds like you are)...I'd be wary of the Mag. At least the one I tested didn't like abuse very much. Wasn't an issue for me, but if you're used to flogging the SX you might find the Mag isn't for you...

well if you have room for a 12" then you have room for my tc 3000 15" it only needs 2.3 to 3.0 cubes ported to sound good.

i had it in as little as 2.0 cubes ported just too see how it sound and it still ddin't sound choked just lacking in lowend.

2.5 is were i kept it the most at 32 and 38 hz

and they are known to handle as much as 2500rms daily.

wut about TC SOUNDS?

audiopulse woofers can take some pretty serious abuse.

or some Bl or Btl 12's...or Mach 5 spl series 12's can take some abuse...

i'm looking for something for my sundown1500... don't really wanna part ways with my amp jus yet

Until you use words and sentences, there are a lot of people not interested in your thread. :(

I'll let Aaron answer that, but it certainly doesn't need that much for usable output...