Sign in to follow this  
Smallk07

Fi BL setup help

Hey everybody, as you can see im a newbie lol but my question is im plan on getting a 15" Fi Bl w/ p chamber option and its going to be running off a Rockford Fosgate P1000 1bd (1000+rms) and i was wondering if I needed a new car battery or should i just hook up a cap to the amp

most here will say battery/alternator is better than a capacitor, and i would have to agree.

you wont necesarily need one, but its always good to upgrade when pushing a lot of power.

how many amps is your oem alt.

Thanks, but i cant find a new alternator for my 05 kia spectra any tips on sites I can look at? Also, what brand should a get for the car battery

i think its 90 amp max output... so i would replace the cell under the hood, to the big three. do a run of 0 and watch your voltage if its dipping low then get another cell for the trunk

Ok how much does the big three cost and where can i get it done at.. Also should i dual 1 or 2 for my 15" BL

I'll get flamed for this, but I noticed little to no difference when I did the big 3, but when I removed my cap for a week for repair, I noticed a HUGE loss. I couldn't even run my system my voltage was dropping so bad. Down to 11.3 volts... Put it back in, and rarely drop below 14 ;)

I'll get flamed for this, but I noticed little to no difference when I did the big 3, but when I removed my cap for a week for repair, I noticed a HUGE loss. I couldn't even run my system my voltage was dropping so bad. Down to 11.3 volts... Put it back in, and rarely drop below 14 ;)

what farad cap are you using? and what kind?

a capacitor is not the solution to the problem of a lacking electrical system. a cap doesnt create any more power, only a higher output alternator can create more power, and only a bigger battery can store a sufficiently greater amount of energy.

a 2 farad cap stores about 100 watts worth of power and will NOT prevent dimming

Find a BatCap 8400 and use that. It pumps 8400-9600 amps AND works as a great street battery and only weighs under 80 lbs. It replaces 1000 lbs of batteries.

Ive heard that all i need to do is change my car battery to a optima yellow top and i will be good for my Rockford P1000 1bd amp. I dont need a cap of i dont have to do the big three is this true

no do the big three.

Should I dual 1 or 2 for my Fi Bl 15" its going to be running off a Rockford Fosgate P1000 1bd

If its only one sub, get d2. If you run two subs,get d1

Sign in to follow this