SilkySmoove

1000D and 2 RF 15" P3's

Would a 1000D properly power two RockFord Fosgate 15" P3's without straining too much or would getting the 1500D be the better bet? Also, any suggestions on a dual 15" setup for less than $700 are welcomed. Setup is for a friend. Will be going in a Crown Vic.

Would a 1000D properly power two RockFord Fosgate 15" P3's without straining too much or would getting the 1500D be the better bet? Also, any suggestions on a dual 15" setup for less than $700 are welcomed. Setup is for a friend. Will be going in a Crown Vic.

hell yea the sundown sae-1kd will push 2 p3 15.s ...thats not a problem...

Subs and amp.....this is my buddies budget......I think for $700 the rf's and the sundown is bout as good as he can get.........jus thought I would ask.

Make sure you get the dual 4ohm version so you can run the 1000D @ 1ohm.

What is the goal of this system and how much room do you have to work with?

As far as I know there really is no goal in the system besides trying to be loud from what I can gather..........not my style at all cuz I like SQ. Anyways........the individual just said that they wanted 2 15's that will beat hard. They will be going in a Crown Vic. Their goal is to get everything for around $700-$800.......subs, amp, box, wiring, etc.

p3's can handle 1000 max each

I am fully aware of that.......we are not looking to run them at their MAX......just want to provide them with their rms power +/- a little bit.

well ok.. my bad lol tha 1500 would be fine

Edited by RobClay

As far as I know there really is no goal in the system besides trying to be loud from what I can gather..........not my style at all cuz I like SQ. Anyways........the individual just said that they wanted 2 15's that will beat hard. They will be going in a Crown Vic. Their goal is to get everything for around $700-$800.......subs, amp, box, wiring, etc.

Enclosure is everything. You plan on running subs sealed or ported? Take your measurements before you buy the subs.

I wouldn't consider the P3's as anywhere near as good as he can get for the money.

agreed 100%...he can get type r 15 and put it in a 5 cubes tuned to 35hz with a huge port and get loud.off one sae-1kd....

Edited by 80INCHES

p3's can handle 1000 max each

Oh that means a lot! They handle 500 RMS. You should know that peak power doesn't mean chit.

I also favor the Type-R's

I would go with RE SR15's over both the P3's and the Alpines in that price category.

I wouldn't consider the P3's as anywhere near as good as he can get for the money.

Well what do you suggest then for 2 15's and a solid amp that will not require having to do too much for upgrading electrical outside of maybe a bigger battery and possibly the big 3, if necessary.

I spoke directly with the guy today and he is willing to spend more money to get what he wants............so lets bump the budget up to $1000. He does not know much about car audio outside of the fact that he just wants something to beat the block. With that said, the goal from my end is to keep the setup under the point of requiring major electrical upgrades because I know that he has no idea of the extra expenses that come along when putting together a high power system.

I would go with RE SR15's over both the P3's and the Alpines in that price category.

HAHA! That works too...

I spoke directly with the guy today and he is willing to spend more money to get what he wants............so lets bump the budget up to $1000. He does not know much about car audio outside of the fact that he just wants something to beat the block. With that said, the goal from my end is to keep the setup under the point of requiring major electrical upgrades because I know that he has no idea of the extra expenses that come along when putting together a high power system.

Well... How many amps is his alternator? That'll help us know the power limit a little better. Is he planning on amping his highs also?

I have 2 systems. One of them is a Grand Prix with a stock 60A, and the other is a Honda Odyssey with a stock 130A. I put an inefficient (audiobahn 2300hct--I'd guess around 1500 RMS but listed as 2400) sub amp in there and the thing dimmed like crazy in the Grand Prix until I put a 200A alt in there. The Honda has an Orion 2500D powering a Critical Mass UL12 at full power, and a Phoenix Gold Xenon 200.4 at almost full power (near 800 RMS) and I have no dimming at all, with the stock alt.

So let us know what alternator he has, and we can guestimate your power limits better.

Your friend sounds like he just wants to get loud, so that should be fairly easy for the internet crowd. That money wouldn't buy jack at a circuit city or a best buy, but you can get a ground pounder on the net with that kinda cash. I got my friend a system consisting of a Sundown 1000D and 2 Kicker CVR's and the total was $380 and it beats most people that spend over 1200 at best buy (I know, because my first system was from Circuit City, spent $400 on a Kenwood 1000 (max) amp and then 600$ on Infinity subs and the system I got my friend smashes mine).

And yah, if he just wants loud, Alpine Type R can be found cheap online and get loud. Same with Kicker CVR. I found my friend the CVR's for 80$ shipped brand new. They don't sound good as Sundown or Stereo Integrity or RE, but they get loud.

Anyways, GL, and don't go to a store!

The buying of equipment from unauthorized dealers has killed this industry. I don't recommend products that are whored out and you should always buy from a company that will back their products up, take care of you and answer any and all of your questions. Technical, install, etc...

The buying of equipment from unauthorized dealers has killed this industry. I don't recommend products that are whored out and you should always buy from a company that will back their products up, take care of you and answer any and all of your questions. Technical, install, etc...

Sorry if you're losing money, but half of the problem is the markup of the brick and mortar businesses.

I try to support small businesses rather than online whenever I can. I went to the local shop to get a price quote on the Autopage RS-1000, and it was 800$ retail + 200$ install. I looked online and found it for 205$.

It's one thing to pay a few extra dollars to have warranty, and customer service. It's another to pay 4-5X internet cost to have this. If money grew on trees and everyone had plenty of it, more people probably would. But considering the state of the economy, you're stupid to go to a retail shop and pay retail when you can find the same thing online for usually half the price.

PS. I did go ahead and pay 1500$ for a head unit from a local shop to let them make some commission, even though I found the same unit online for 1000$ with warranty. But I went and bought everything else online, and they were happy I bought the headunit through them. So I'm not a total prude, it's just hard right now considering the state of the economy not to price shop for the best deal.

Sorry if you're losing money, but half of the problem is the markup of the brick and mortar businesses.

I try to support small businesses rather than online whenever I can. I went to the local shop to get a price quote on the Autopage RS-1000, and it was 800$ retail + 200$ install. I looked online and found it for 205$.

It's one thing to pay a few extra dollars to have warranty, and customer service. It's another to pay 4-5X internet cost to have this. If money grew on trees and everyone had plenty of it, more people probably would. But considering the state of the economy, you're stupid to go to a retail shop and pay retail when you can find the same thing online for usually half the price.

PS. I did go ahead and pay 1500$ for a head unit from a local shop to let them make some commission, even though I found the same unit online for 1000$ with warranty. But I went and bought everything else online, and they were happy I bought the headunit through them. So I'm not a total prude, it's just hard right now considering the state of the economy not to price shop for the best deal.

I hear ya. Even most brick and mortar locations are chit these days... All about markup and not about the customer. I have nothing against buying online. I just recommend buying quality products from people who know what they are selling rather than buying whored out crap from money launderers.

I hear ya. Even most brick and mortar locations are chit these days... All about markup and not about the customer. I have nothing against buying online. I just recommend buying quality products from people who know what they are selling rather than buying whored out crap from money launderers.

Oh my bad I misunderstood. Definitely only purchase from companies you know are solid. I would rather pay a little extra and buy online from someone I know stands by their products and customers than try some random no-name website in the hope of getting a slightly better deal.

I think the brick and mortar locations need to get with the times. I was talking to one of my local installers and he said his dealer prices were sometimes higher than the price I can find the stuff for through legitimate companies online. I brought in a few invoices from places like Amazon.com and Crutchfield.com and SonicElectrix.com and he said their dealer cost was almost on par or over the prices I was showing them, and you can usually find it even cheaper on ebay through high positive feedback power sellers.

A few of their products they sell for even higher than retail (which I don't understand cause after the first time I paid over retail for an item it angered me to a point to where I only wanted to buy online). If they bought it at a decent price, added a 100$ for each item, and then charged 60$ an hour for installs or whatever, they'd make decent money. Instead, they get a Memphis MoJo 4k for 600$ and then charge 2400$ to the customer. It's insane. No wonder people shop online.

It's like that alarm. The same alarm is 200$ on ebay through reputable dealers, or 300$ through an authorized online dealer such as crutchfield, but the local shop was charging 800$ without install for the same alarm. It's hard sometimes, because I want to support the local business, but at the same time I don't want to lose thousands of dollars doing it.