manbeer

WTF, got the car back from the dealer and sub is completely done

well its still reconable at least no?

it's reconable if i can find the parts somewhere. RF says they don't do recones but normally offer an exchange program and when i told him i already removed the surround and spiders he just said "oh" and referred me to his place "the speaker exchange" who then told me the parts were on backorder for anything compatible and not to be hopeful on getting them soon. i guess it just goess to show the benefit of dealing with companies like FI,AA, SSA, etc. This is supposed to be their "flagship" subwoofer, but when it fails you are SOL. Other drivers that a third of the price have recones out to you in a week. Just sucks for me i guess.

On another note, my friend has a 13w7 and dented up his dustcap. JL wanted almost street price on the sub to do a recone, like 400 and change :/

who did you talk to btw? i can try hitting up my rf rep to see if he knows any info (they may all of a sudden have parts for a dealer that were backordered for normal customers but i wouldnt expect it)

who did you talk to btw? i can try hitting up my rf rep to see if he knows any info (they may all of a sudden have parts for a dealer that were backordered for normal customers but i wouldnt expect it)

i'm not sure of the reps name that i spoke with, just called the RF tech line. if you know where to get the parts i'd appreciate the help. i don't wanna throw this thing out cause i liked it, just sucks that it's such a PITA to service. i have always had better luck with RF on amps than on subs.