manbeer

can you guys do a recone for this sub?

Got my car back from the dealer service dept. and my 10" rockford T2 was fried. Rockford doesn't offer a recone and the parts distributor that they referred me to says they have a really long back order on parts. I was wondering if it's possible to do anything with it? It was a pretty decent driver, and i would hate to just throw it away if there is an alternative. thanks!

No..

Sorry man

lol, thats ok. i'm gonna call rockford and harass the crap out of them to sell me a recone tomorrow :)

if not then i don't know...

No..

Sorry man

That's it? I'm just wondering WHY?

No..

Sorry man

Does it matter? They probably don't have the parts for that VERY specific driver.

No..

Sorry man

Does it matter? They probably don't have the parts for that VERY specific driver.

That's all I was asking, if they didn't have the parts or if they don't know how to recone it.

No..

Sorry man

That's all I was asking, if they didn't have the parts or if they don't know how to recone it.

Not a woofer in the world that we don't know 'how' to recone...

It's a matter of rockford using different Chinese tolerances...coils simply will not fit as they are not american standard parts (3.000")

Best of luck getting a recone for it...i'd be willing to bet that they do not supply any recones at all for them. Probably just ship out new woofers

No..

Sorry man

Not a woofer in the world that we don't know 'how' to recone...

It's a matter of rockford using different Chinese tolerances...coils simply will not fit as they are not american standard parts (3.000")

Best of luck getting a recone for it...i'd be willing to bet that they do not supply any recones at all for them. Probably just ship out new woofers

you are exactly right about that

in regards to the difference in VC diameter, i thought this was a 3"? no?

could i have the woofer machined to accept something different or would that be ridiculously wasting money for something that is not worth it?

No we're not going to fool with it..they have like a 2.990" coil or something really off the wall odd ball stuff..

We're definitely not going to try to machine the motor out, you'd have ~200 bucks in labor and another 100 bucks in parts for a woofer that simply would be sub par at best...

Pretty much have a paperweight on your hands unless you send it into rockford and get another one. Otherwise put the money to another woofer!

No we're not going to fool with it..they have like a 2.990" coil or something really off the wall odd ball stuff..

We're definitely not going to try to machine the motor out, you'd have ~200 bucks in labor and another 100 bucks in parts for a woofer that simply would be sub par at best...

Pretty much have a paperweight on your hands unless you send it into rockford and get another one. Otherwise put the money to another woofer!

:lol: no pun intended :lol:

I actually ran into a friend yesterday and he said that he as a soundsplinter RL-S 12" (i think he meant the RL-P though) that has a blown voice coil that he will GIVE me. I still want to learn to recone so maybe thats my best bet. You guys offer the recone parts for those?

If it really is an RL-p then it is based on the TC-9 motor and Fi can easily recone it. I reconed four TC-9's into 18's using Fi parts.

-Robert

If it really is an RL-p then it is based on the TC-9 motor and Fi can easily recone it. I reconed four TC-9's into 18's using Fi parts.

-Robert

i just confirmed it to be an RL-P12, so looks like i am good to go!