Hey guys whats up im doinga build for my ROOM haha. I have a sub in my car why not at home! Ok So i bought a RE SR10-D4 10", here are the specs. I want to Make a slot vented box 1cf tuned 34 hz. Iam going to put 300 rms. Ive built boxes before But i still dont know how to design one on my own so im asking for you guys to help me with the buildcould someone design a box for me i want the sub to be top mounted with the port on the side. I just need a cut out sheet with the dimensions of the box thanks a lot guys

billy

Specs of the sub

* Kraft Pulp Cone

* Rubatek Foam Surround

* Pressed Steel Basket

* 4-layer Copper Voice Coil

considering its for home use i would make the box bigger and tune around 30hz for ht use i would tune around 20hz. the box suggesttions are based on in car use.

How big is your room? I'd also agree that it needs to be tuned lower, way lower. More cone area wouldn't hurt.

What amp are you using?

my room is about 12x9. Why would i want it tuned lower it would just be too much? Now with the amp i wasthinking of getting a car amp 300 rms and getting a 12 volt powers supply giving out 40 amps. If anybody can think of a better was please let me know. i was also thinking putting the dual 4 ohm coils into 8 ohm and using a home amp with a low pass filter.

Don't use a 12V amp at home, do it the right way :)

You don't have an exaggerated cabin gain in a room in the same way you have it in a vehicle, so tuning that high will likely lead to something very peaky sounding, much more so than in a vehicle.

I thought the SR did best sealed when I heard it, but that's just me :P

How much will ya give me? HAHA, JK. BJ Fisher can do one for you, a cutout sheet...I believe its $12.

How much will ya give me? HAHA, JK. BJ Fisher can do one for you, a cutout sheet...I believe its $12.

Hahaha Yea thats where i had my box built that im using now in my car ..great guys to deal with. i might just do that. but id still like to get more input on what tuning and how big the box will be.

ok what im thinking of doing i have a pro audio amp. Its a qsc rmx 1450 i'd use only 1 channel its like 280 a channel at 8 ohm and i need to get a subwoofer crossover/filter what do you think i should go with?

Not a bad amp if you're thinking about upgrading in the future, although I'd probably just get a plate amp for the SR if you don't have any immediate upgrade plans...

i was thinking that .... yea that qsc amp will got bridged mono 900 watts at 8 ohm which is pretty good what wattage should i get on the plate amp?

give me specs on size of box and ill render you a box design on google sketchup

personally i have have a 75 watt modified guitar amp driving my audiobahn ALUM10 in a sealed enclosre and its pretty loud. 75w is alot for home