cjosisek90

Sundown going into protect

Every time i start up my car, the sundown starts up but then goes straight into protect. I have the SAZ3K. I used an additional head unit to make sure it wasn't the signal. Without the RCAs plugged in and without the speaker wires plugged in it still did this. Here is a picture of the only thing i could find WRONG internally in the amp.

1013081630ahb2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Its also really loose when you go to touch it.

Thanks for the help,

Curt

Edited by hondaccord

Which part is loose ? The blue cap ?

Yes sir

So, you can actually pull up one side of the cap ?

That would need to come back for repair.

May have been shaken loose.

Fastest address to use for return :

Sundown Audio

155 South Eastway Drive

Suite S

Troutman, NC 28166

Put your invoice in the box and we'll get you taken care of.

Thanks for the fast response.

How long or what is the estimated time to get this pup back in business?

Really fast ;)

Fast like your replies!

Thanks for helping out in such little time. You really are great at customer service.

Thanks,

Curt

Did you mount the amp on the box ? That's when stuff like that happens..

Did you mount the amp on the box ? That's when stuff like that happens..

No sir it was mounted up on my fold down back seat. I heard it was bad to do that so i didn't wanna put it there.

I'm shipping it the way it was shipped to me. JUST brown paper covering the box.

That may not be sufficient unless you have extremely good packing around the amp inside the carton. Did you include your invoice too ?

I'm shipping it the way it was shipped to me. JUST brown paper covering the box.

That may not be sufficient unless you have extremely good packing around the amp inside the carton. Did you include your invoice too ?

The inside is well package from when I got it so i doubt that the shipping was the problem. (Wouldn't other pieces be messed up as well if that were the case?) Ricky did his part and I don't want him to take the blame for this.

EDIT: I did remember to include it.

Thanks,

Curt

Edited by hondaccord

The inside is well package from when I got it so i doubt that the shipping was the problem. (Wouldn't other pieces be messed up as well if that were the case?) Ricky did his part and I don't want him to take the blame for this.

Thanks,

Curt

He needs the actual sundown invoice which I have. I will email it to you tomorrow Jacob. As I told Curt I will be happy to take care of this if it was due to shipping.

go get another box and put it in there I dont care how well the amp is packed in the cosmetic box the cosmetic box its self is weak

Thanks,

Curt

The Sundown box should be inside of another box for sure when shipped. Brown paper isn't going to cut it with the shipping companies these days. I have seen some rough chit over the past few years.

I don't have any cardboard boxes that will fit it, ill try to snag some from work and make one but

I wasn't provided with one and thought since shipping was decent that it didn't matter, I guess I'll

stop by work after school before I go back up to UPS to get a better box.

I decided to just pay 10 bucks for a box. Jacob its an effin huge box lol so don't be to surprised.

I shipped it out today and ill PM you the tracking number.

Curt