gerront

Anybody ever ran or had any experience with this amp?

looking at replacing my two MA Audio HK802sx Amps for two hcca 2500's possibly......

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Co...sid/0/SFV/30046

I know this company has been taken over by directed elelctronics...and all the orion products arent what they used to be but....ive installed several of there new Cobalt series amps and speakers in customers vehicles and they all seem to perform very very well for the price.....so i was hoping someone had some insight on there new hcca 2500 model......

The amps i have now work great, but i only had one amp at first......then i upgraded from 8 memphis 12's to 4 Fi SSD 15's w/ bp power option and copper coils Dual 1 ohm and added a 2nd amp......wow what a huge difference in power consumption.......Hoping that going from a high current amp to a class d amp will make a big difference........

If anybody knows of another couple amps to get that will do the job...please let me know....and since this is my daily driver and not my SPL vehicle my budget for amps will be around 1200-1400 dollars.....\

Holla Back people!!!!!!!

Thanks for lookin' Gerront aka 4Runner

Currently HO 165 amp alternator Kinetik HC1800 under hood with the big 3. Optima blue top in the back....plan on adding 3 to 4 HC1400 batteries in rear with amps when my friend pays me back sum $ within the next week....

the hcca2500's only put out 1200wrms so the subs would only see 600 each the should be able to take 1k+ each as far as batterys get a couple hc2400's or d3100's for the back it should help a lot. a single blue top doesnt cut it in the back if trying to run 4k+.

O i agree on the blue top, it wasnt my intentions to keep it that way......just temperary. And how positive are you on the Orion amp? Your the first person ive heard say that it only did that much power??? I thought for sure it would at least do 2500 watts seeing as it says its a 5000 watt max, 2500 watts RMS. Going by current draw....250 amperes...it should do 2500 watts? Im interested as to how you have some to this conclusion? Please fill me in....

Im sorry i posted a link to the amp i was talking about but i guess you didnt see that.....but yes im talking about the hcca-d5000

how much you paying for each! for around 1400 you could pic up a pair of used saz3000d's much better amps

Edited by dbjunior

Where do you shop for sundown amps.....899 each is what i saw...... i really only want to spend around 1200 dollars.....

check the for sale section i saw 2 1 was 725 the other 730 they are great amps that will have more than enough power. you can even upgrade later to nightshades if you ever feel you need more

personally i'm not much of a fan of the newer hcca line from orion, the older 1200d and 2500d were much better IMO. of course the real old HCCAs were fantastic, but that's a different story

Ok dbjunior i skipped over the part that said used...but yes i just found those exact amps for sale on the forum ...let me see what i can work up....

How about gettting a couple of SAZ-1500's for now, you can strap them them and run 2 ohms and should see about 800 watts per sub

well would 2 of the 1500's do better than my 2 hk802sx amps????

O i agree on the blue top, it wasnt my intentions to keep it that way......just temperary. And how positive are you on the Orion amp? Your the first person ive heard say that it only did that much power??? I thought for sure it would at least do 2500 watts seeing as it says its a 5000 watt max, 2500 watts RMS. Going by current draw....250 amperes...it should do 2500 watts? Im interested as to how you have some to this conclusion? Please fill me in....

Correct my if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it only be 208 amps of draw? Plus 60 or so for the rest of you car.

current draw yes but power wise no. the 802sx is rated at 2200wrms @ .5ohm x2 @ 17v so around 1800w per driver way more than they should take. even with them being loaded i wouldnt reccommend more than 1200w and that is pushing it.

Well the MA Audio specs are so screwy it was hard to get an actual indication wof the real world power, i don't know how you have them wired, either. how are they set up?

well yeah im sure ill have less current draw but will i get the same performance??? That a million dollar question i know........I man the amps i have now ar actually really strong...but my other vehicle has a kicker 2500.1 in it and i can just tell a huge difference in power/strength? Was trying to find amps that will perform like it or very similiar at a 1 ohm load....kickers 2500 will not do this.......i know the saz3000 is what i need but they just cost so f'n much.......hoping the orion amps would save me....lol

Manbeer they are set up as 2 hk802sx amps each running a pair of ssd 15's @.5ohm per channel.....i know these subs are rated at best 1200 watts rms with all the options i got, but i really doubt that amp will do what it says it does...so i took that into consideration.....I just want 2 amps that will power and sumtimes over power my subs more efficiently as far as power/current draw.....i want the sz 3000's but Santa Claus would laugh at me if i put that on my list......so would my wife!!!!!

well considering your setup i would say that the SAZ1500's will make as much or more real world power in your specific application for 2 reasons. The first reason being that i believe the MA amps are overrated, and the second being that you can only provide enough current to make X amount of power, and the sundowns will be more efficient so you will gain more from your current setup. If you had 16 volt electrical system i would say otherwise.

before spending money on saz1500d's try this rewire the subs to 2ohm per channel this should send them around 650w each and make the amps more efficent. the lower the resistance the lower the efficiency of any amp. even still you will be supporting 2600wrms so add the extra batterys this should help out a lot. i wouldnt bother switching to saz1500's because they will only be giving each woofer an additional 100w not noticeable. if you want cheap power get a ma 4000d wire all subs to it for a 2ohm load 900w a piece and its a more efficent amp than the 802sx

ok thanks guys.....but still what about the orion amp???? kinda lost subject....

if you want to use two go for it but remember you are running 5kw of power thats way more than a stock electrical can handle. i recommend a 250+amp alt and atleast 4 d3100's in the back multiple runs of 1/0 power wire and ground wire to keep voltage as high as possble. id also keep a digital voltmeter in view to mae sure you dont get to low of voltage

if they're dual 2 ssd's could you just get a single sundown 3k and wire them series parallel to get a 1ohm load? db-r.com has a b-stock refurb 3k for $675, you could always add a second 3k later if that's not enough power. I would think 750wrms would drive a ssd quite nicely.

edit: the db-r refurbs have a 1 year warranty too (nice to have)

Edited by caligreen