freaky_behavior

fudgeing spider came unglued on my xxx

i just got back from offshore yesterday and i play my sub real low on the way to town then i start turning the sub up.

well about 30sec into it it starts popping so i turn the sub off until i get to my house.

i take the sub out and the fudgeing spider is completely unglued from the basket.

my friend jason at genesis car audio is glueing it back for me tonight.

he is an authorized dealer for re.

just wanted to vent this cuz i was very pissed!!!

charles

that seems strange for that sub in that box

I'm seeing a LOT of this lately with a LOT of drivers.

I'm seeing a LOT of this lately with a LOT of drivers.

:+1:

I just didnt wanna be the first one to say it.

I remember seeing 4-5 threads about this across the intraweb.

:faintthud: ?

I've seen many more than that. Have seen some locally as well. As a matter of fact, the Claw I just bought had the same exact problem. It wasn't blown at all, however the coil was damaged from rubbing. It does seem to be getting more common though. Kinda hard to say as we really have no clue on the amount of drivers each manufacturer has out. It could actually be a tenth of percent which would be deemed normal in mass production. We're just hearing about it more.

I've seen many more than that.  Have seen some locally as well.  As a matter of fact, the Claw I just bought had the same exact problem.  It wasn't blown at all, however the coil was damaged from rubbing.  It does seem to be getting more common though.  Kinda hard to say as we really have no clue on the amount of drivers each manufacturer has out.  It could actually be a tenth of percent which would be deemed normal in mass production.  We're just hearing about it more.

I agree, matter of fact, I've scooped up quite a few "blown" woofers in the past few weeks. I just stocked up on CA glue too. :lol2:

I've seen alot of RE boys crying, an Adire or two, and a few Kicker. :unsure:

It's just odd how they all pop up at once. Maybe the kids that blew their Xmas money on gear finally got it all installed and 'blew it'?

-Nick

What is the majority ... user abuse (big time abuse) or just a common manufac. defect? Or is it pretty evenly split?

- Steve

Pretty evenly. From what I've seen at least.

I've heard a couple manufacturer probs (full spider pulling from basket @ 2/3 rms in a decent enclosure)...

To tinsel leads letting go completely...

To :eek: dust caps "falling" off.

Remember a couple of months ago, some gent's RE Se (IIRC) came out of the box and the motor fell off...?

Long as you got a good CLEAN seal, all will be well.