Sign in to follow this  
JoshM20

Josh's Mazda Overhaul

Hey guys,

Over the next few months I will be doing alot to my mazda, System going in it first, I think I am gonna install it myself instead of fudgeing with the install shop, there trying to fudge me over.

I'll get some picks and specs up tomorrow, to bad I didn't get the V6 ;( ... its ok I can still get so hp in her.

Look forward to it. :)

Ok here are some starter pics, Pretty much bone stock, pics are kinda blurry but here is the before pics. I didn't take pics while I was building my box, But I plan on building 2 more :) So i will document them. I will get some pics of the amps and what not up soon. I'm just really busy with school and music right now.

Threw a peace up a town down for the SSA guys :) (also known as G's up Ho's down) :)

CBcarparts013.jpg

CBcarparts001-1.jpg

CBcarparts002-1.jpg

CBcarparts003-1.jpg

CBcarparts004-1.jpg

CBcarparts006-1.jpg

CBcarparts007-1.jpg

CBcarparts008-1.jpg

CBcarparts009-1.jpg

CBcarparts010-1.jpg

CBcarparts011-1.jpg

CBcarparts012-1.jpg

During this project I will be installing the system first, then I will be getting a new paint scheme, body kit, Forced injection system/Turbo/supercharger. Dunno which is really available yet, I know the Turbo Is but I have heard bad things about it. Oh and Rims... I will do the Rims/Bodykit/paint scheme all together :) This build will take me around 1-2 years, plan on doing alot of it myself, I can spray it, I just don't have a paint shop to do this in anymore like when I was younger...

Anyways Thats the plan/ we will see how she devolopes as time goes by. I will be installing the system this week/weekend.

Josh

i love mazda's!

good luck on the build

Nice choice in car! I love my 03 s. here is a quick picture of it

100_1186.jpg

Completely Debadged as well

IMG_0834_800x600.jpg

PM me if you need any help getting the car loud. Ive done lots of testing with this car and fair pretty well in competitions.

Thx guys,

I have heard that straight pipes sound good on these 2.3's.. Only reason I didn't pick up the v6 or 09 was they were getting rid of these to bring in the 09's and I got 6 grand off price, which helped considering my truck was chit on trade value.

Mazda gave me the best trade in, but I still got shafted pretty hard.

I dig the Speed3, if it was AWD it would be just about perfect for me right now.

As long as you avoid the airplane wings it should turn out great :D :D

As long as you avoid the airplane wings it should turn out great :D :D

Haha Mazda wid da Butterfly Doe's --; LoL

Edited by JoshM20

So I got some pic of putting in the components today, They are not complete yet, still gotta pop off the door and hook up the crossovers. Just took these for the installation manual i'm making for english class. Anyway here they go, I will be puttin in the system Friday.

CBcarparts014.jpg

CBcarparts022.jpg

CBcarparts030.jpg

CBcarparts035.jpg

CBcarparts037.jpg

CBcarparts039.jpg

CBcarparts042.jpg

CBcarparts044.jpg

CBcarparts045.jpg

CBcarparts047.jpg

CBcarparts048.jpg

CBcarparts055.jpg

CBcarparts056.jpg

CBcarparts058.jpg

CopyofCBcarparts038.jpg

As you can see I like to take alot of pics haha, and that I had to dremel quite a bit of the adapter out. They said it would drop right in... HA

Josh

Edited by JoshM20

u have 2 of the same pics of the dremel fyi

and nice job on the install

going to do any deadening

i was just going to ask about the deadening.

keep the pics coming

u have 2 of the same pics of the dremel fyi

and nice job on the install

going to do any deadening

LoL Just Noticed :)

Yea I was thinking of doing it. Never done it before, I'm not sure about product/installation. The mazda panels are actually pretty well together, not to much clutter in there.

i was just going to ask about the deadening.

keep the pics coming

Is this for outside niose or to keep the SQ inside better? I just roll it over the sheet metal right?

Oh and you can't imagine how much dremeling I did to get the tweeter to fit in the housings.

Edited by JoshM20

How do you like the Cadence's?

I actually am pretty happy with them, they have more of a tight bass sound, and the tweeters are pretty crazy. It gives a pretty good sound and get really loud. I haven't been able too hook up the crossover and amp yet so I will be able to give you a better review Friday, when I can play with the xover settings.

Ok guys,

Got some more gear in, I will be putting this in Friday along with some stand in subs, My Head Unit and Fi BL's should be here middle next week and I will start building the box for them. But here are some pics of the gears and I took some pics of some amps I had laying around the house, other than the sundown it is going in the car, I had some kickers but they got thrown away :(

CBcarparts071.jpg

CBcarparts072.jpg

CBcarparts073.jpg

CBcarparts074.jpg

CBcarparts075.jpg

CBcarparts076.jpg

CBcarparts077.jpg

CBcarparts078.jpg

CBcarparts079.jpg

CBcarparts080.jpg

CBcarparts081.jpg

CBcarparts082.jpg

CBcarparts083.jpg

CBcarparts084.jpg

CBcarparts085.jpg

CBcarparts087.jpg

CBcarparts088.jpg

CBcarparts089.jpg

CBcarparts090.jpg

CBcarparts092.jpg

CBcarparts094.jpg

CBcarparts095.jpg

CBcarparts096.jpg

CBcarparts097.jpg

i have that same rockfordfosgate amp sittin in my room, collecting dust haha except for its a 200.2, nice looking build so far keep comin with updates

Edited by RobClay

who threw ur kickers away?

nice lookin stuff

When I got in a wreck I had two of them on my friends 4 12's and when I was in the hospital my dad went and took pics of the wreck and didn't know what the amps were and chunked them. LoL I didn't even relise it till like 2 months later.

dang what did u have?

and glad to see u came out well after the wreck

So Today was kind of a let down. Due to weather we had to start late, ended up having to go over to my gramps to use his gargage. Then checked out the factory HU and no rca spots, Didn't wanna splice into the lines just for a week so I left it in there and got some wiring done. I may take out the seats if I have to run another line of gauge but I'm really not sure how to wire up 2 batts, so I just got this done so far.

CBcarparts105.jpg

CBcarparts107.jpg

CBcarparts108.jpg

CBcarparts106.jpg

CBcarparts109.jpg

CBcarparts110.jpg

CBcarparts111.jpg

CBcarparts112.jpg

CBcarparts113.jpg

CBcarparts114.jpg

CBcarparts115.jpg

CBcarparts116.jpg

CBcarparts117.jpg

CBcarparts118.jpg

CBcarparts119.jpg

lookin good

what are the last 2 pic of?

and are u goin to be runnin the 2nd batt in the rear?

lookin good

We were trying to find the best place to run the wire, so we took off the windshield wiper and cover to see if we could get anything through there. We ended up having to take the battery and tray out, then we could see where the main wire run was. That is a pic of the windshield where the cover was, I wi[ped it down before I reinstalled it ;)

I didn't see your question about the kickers untill now. They were some kicker 1000's I got them from a buddy out in Bloomingdale. They were pretty nice :)

And Yes I will be running the other batt in the back. I am actually going to be doing all that stuff today, so I will get some more pics up later. I wish my HU was in, but it wont be here untill the 28-29th. I am going Downtown with some old friends from J-Ville Halloween and I really want to have the HU in by then haha!

lookin good

and u might want to do a ground for the batt up front