Sign in to follow this  
JoshM20

Josh's Mazda Overhaul

looks like its gonna be a clean build. are those stock headlights? they look cool.

looks like its gonna be a clean build. are those stock headlights? they look cool.

Yea, they are the stock headlights... they do look cool though ^^

Ok geys well I was trying to put off ding this chit but I guess I will go through with it :) this weekend I am going to pull out the seats and the carpet and RERUN all the wires....

I wanna get some new "brighter" Tweeters and some "softer Clearer" tweeters, I would really appreciate some input on these i.e. What would be a good brand to get??

Also I wanna look into learning to do some fiberglass, I wanna put in some mid bass in the kickpanels or the door panels and put some 6x9 on the back deck... Can anyone give me tips on how to start this? I really have no idea on how it's done or fabricated :)

Mainly some input on tweeters would be great....

Well I was hopin to pull the carpet out today..... BUT I doubt I will, it is freakin cold!!!! I may start building a box today :) I need to redo alot, I have decided to put E8's on the back deck with some tweeters and I will put lanzar 6.5's in the rear doors... I will be molding new tweeter houseings to sit on the front dash and poit toward the rear window... I still have not find which tweets I want.. But I will come to that conclusion soon :)

I will try to get some box pics today!!

whats wrong with the tweets that came with the cvl's did you hook up the cross over and amp it. if the seem a little to strong have you tried adjusting them on the cross over.

Well I was hopin to pull the carpet out today..... BUT I doubt I will, it is freakin cold!!!! I may start building a box today :) I need to redo alot, I have decided to put E8's on the back deck with some tweeters and I will put lanzar 6.5's in the rear doors... I will be molding new tweeter houseings to sit on the front dash and poit toward the rear window... I still have not find which tweets I want.. But I will come to that conclusion soon :)

point towards the rear window?

why would u want to do that?

point towards the rear window?

why would u want to do that?

It Is the same as having them in the A-Pillars.... They would be pointed at the front seats... Remember those were the Front tweets I was talking about...

whats wrong with the tweets that came with the cvl's did you hook up the cross over and amp it. if the seem a little to strong have you tried adjusting them on the cross over.

They sounded really good when I first had them hooked up... But I was messing wit my amp and I think switched how it was crossedover or something... I'm not sure, they started picked up the lows for some reason and then on some songs they had this weird low hiss like a blown speaker sounds... So I turned all my lows down and I tryed to figure out what was going on. But it would come and go, some songs sounded fine others sounded like the tweeters were shot... I dunno really weird. I'm just scared I may have somehow messed them up? I never played them where they sounded like they were popping or anything, but I dunno it just started doing this.

alright just making sure u have them on axis for best response and easier tuning

alright just making sure u have them on axis for best response and easier tuning

You talking about the housing where they can move around different directions?

I'm just saying, that if u have the tweeters faced towards you.

you will be much happier with the quality and response.

and if the housings are movable that is even better so you can move them around to see where you find the sweet spot :)

I'm just saying, that if u have the tweeters faced towards you.

you will be much happier with the quality and response.

and if the housings are movable that is even better so you can move them around to see where you find the sweet spot :)

Oh yea definitly, That's why I wanna mold a housing for them, so I can get them up on the dash somewhere nice, but not have it look like total squat.

Nice job!

Edited by Bigbangtheory