mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Trying to help some noob on aim, told him to shut his damn caps lock off... and he tells me that he works for the government and they have to use caps? hahaha, made me giggle.

Hey Nick, how far are you from Brooklyn?

Trying to help some noob on aim, told him to shut his damn caps lock off... and he tells me that he works for the government and they have to use caps? hahaha, made me giggle.

:lol2:

Pour a little motor oil under the tire before you start, no one will ever know ;)

dub - D fort eh.

or bleach.

Bleach, i dont want them smoking that BAD ;)

hmmm... **ponders**

Why should I spend $800 on tires when I can spend $1050 and get wheels and tires, then sell my wheels for $400?

............Amazing how you're going along great one week, then all of a sudden ... BAM!  God or whomever decides to chit on your head.

Well, she got it towed to the garage.  The entire fuel pump module needs to be replaced.

600 pucking DOLLARS FOR A pucking FUEL PUMP

I'm fed up with this domestic bullchit now.

Guy at the shop said that you shouldn't let your gas get below half a tank, or else you risk screwing the fuel pump up.  Says he has it in writing in his little mechanic booklet there.

My father drove for 36 years, my mother has 34 years, and my wife and I combined have 22 years driving experience ... for a total of 92 years.  We have all let our gas gauges drop down below half ... and haven't messed up a fuel pump.  Sooo ... I don't know what to believe as fuel systems are not one of my strong points at all.  'Technically', it seems like it makes sense ... but I don't know.  People run on fumes all day, every day ... dropping in 5 bucks worth once a day and they don't seem to have any problems (well, at least not the people I know around here).

Anyway, the only domestic vehicle I'd buy now would be a 4th gen Camaro or something from the 60's where you don't have to worry about this electronic horsechit.  And yes, one isolated experience has turned me right away.

my grand cherokee pump/unit was $380 ish. for the part. we did the labor.

Fuel is the only thing to cool the pump. chitty.

The reasoning behind that is that in-tank pumps use the fuel as a coolant.  The less fuel there is around them, the more heat will build up.  This is normally not a concern if you have at least an eight of a tank.  This is not why the pump quit.  Matter of fact, I have yet to see a pump die from overheating.  His 1/2 tank theory is BS.  I have several issues of Undercar Digest to disprove whatever he says, and enough experience and COMMON SENSE!  Tell him I said he's an idiot!

yea... what he said. sorry.

So ghetto fabulous!

3 weeks left!!!!

Hey Nick, how far are you from Brooklyn?

bout 10hrs.

?

WHoa, NM. I was gonna ask if it was near you if you;d check into this place that sells Rainbow online.

So ghetto fabulous!

3 weeks left!!!!

til?

Mags perhaps?

Why should I spend $800 on tires when I can spend $1050 and get wheels and tires, then sell my wheels for $400?

i dunno, you tell me

Oh yea Tom, when you gonna do the burnouts ?

Will mom be filming/ snapping ?

So ghetto fabulous!

3 weeks left!!!!

til?

Mags perhaps?

No, til I leave.

CBC...huh ?

why are you getting an interview from them ?

Interview with the CBC next week!!!!!

:woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:

good luck!

Oh yea Tom, when you gonna do the burnouts ?

Will mom be filming/ snapping ?

answered on AIM

:woot:

Caught up at SSA just in time to leave again. :(

BTW - Denim - each 2500d in my truck is seeing ~9.25ohm @ 47hz (tuning). My early estimate says that I'll be getting ~700rms actual to the 99 (total) before clipping sets in hardcore. Though, a NO TESTing done burp yielded 144.x on the Dash yesterday. That was without setting amps, HU, seats, or having the Blue Tops.

I suppose I should take this to the dedicated thread, eh. chit.

-Nick

ANyone have some tweets for sale?