mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

oh yea....

Now i have 2 off roading stories where i was in the vehicle and it fishtailed and got stuck.

:woot:

Wife is stranded two hours away. Car turns on, but doesn't stay on.

Piece of chit Chevrolets. Piece of chit 3.1L.

Regular tune ups and I get this? chit like that should never happen on a modern car. Just went in last week for an oil change and they did the transmission flush because it was at that KM rating. Came home and I noticed that the tire was leaking air from around the valve stem. So I brought it back in and they changed it. Pricks probably fudgeed me over under the hood somewhere because I caused them an inconvienience. Great, more money to spend.

Next car is an import. And almost every single vehicle I've owned has been a GM.

Amazing how you're going along great one week, then all of a sudden ... BAM! God or whomever decides to chit on your head.

School car show is on the 27th and i still need to make an enclosure !

Wife is stranded two hours away.  Car turns on, but doesn't stay on.

Piece of chit Chevrolets.  Piece of chit 3.1L.

Regular tune ups and I get this?  chit like that should never happen on a modern car.  Just went in last week for an oil change and they did the transmission flush because it was at that KM rating.  Came home and I noticed that the tire was leaking air from around the valve stem.  So I brought it back in and they changed it.  Pricks probably fudgeed me over under the hood somewhere because I caused them an inconvienience.  Great, more money to spend.

Next car is an import.  And almost every single vehicle I've owned has been a GM.

Amazing how you're going along great one week, then all of a sudden ... BAM!  God or whomever decides to chit on your head.

I'm a huge fan of American muscle, but I'll never buy a new American vehicle. Hell, the imports are more American that the domestics anyways.

Well, she got it towed to the garage. The entire fuel pump module needs to be replaced.

600 pucking DOLLARS FOR A pucking FUEL PUMP

I'm fed up with this domestic bullchit now.

Guy at the shop said that you shouldn't let your gas get below half a tank, or else you risk screwing the fuel pump up. Says he has it in writing in his little mechanic booklet there.

My father drove for 36 years, my mother has 34 years, and my wife and I combined have 22 years driving experience ... for a total of 92 years. We have all let our gas gauges drop down below half ... and haven't messed up a fuel pump. Sooo ... I don't know what to believe as fuel systems are not one of my strong points at all. 'Technically', it seems like it makes sense ... but I don't know. People run on fumes all day, every day ... dropping in 5 bucks worth once a day and they don't seem to have any problems (well, at least not the people I know around here).

Anyway, the only domestic vehicle I'd buy now would be a 4th gen Camaro or something from the 60's where you don't have to worry about this electronic horsechit. And yes, one isolated experience has turned me right away.

Well, she got it towed to the garage.  The entire fuel pump module needs to be replaced.

600 pucking DOLLARS FOR A pucking FUEL PUMP

I'm fed up with this domestic bullchit now.

Guy at the shop said that you shouldn't let your gas get below half a tank, or else you risk screwing the fuel pump up.  Says he has it in writing in his little mechanic booklet there.

My father drove for 36 years, my mother has 34 years, and my wife and I combined have 22 years driving experience ... for a total of 92 years.  We have all let our gas gauges drop down below half ... and haven't messed up a fuel pump.  Sooo ... I don't know what to believe as fuel systems are not one of my strong points at all.  'Technically', it seems like it makes sense ... but I don't know.  People run on fumes all day, every day ... dropping in 5 bucks worth once a day and they don't seem to have any problems (well, at least not the people I know around here).

Anyway, the only domestic vehicle I'd buy now would be a 4th gen Camaro or something from the 60's where you don't have to worry about this electronic horsechit.  And yes, one isolated experience has turned me right away.

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. I always let my gas go to empty and I've never had a problem.

The reasoning behind that is that in-tank pumps use the fuel as a coolant. The less fuel there is around them, the more heat will build up. This is normally not a concern if you have at least an eight of a tank. This is not why the pump quit. Matter of fact, I have yet to see a pump die from overheating. His 1/2 tank theory is BS. I have several issues of Undercar Digest to disprove whatever he says, and enough experience and COMMON SENSE! Tell him I said he's an idiot!

sorry about that Steve, major suckage

i let my tank get down to about an 1/8th all the time, no problems yet

and i agree, computers and cars dont go together, i just want an engine and a chassis, and maybe a stereo perhaps

Computers mixed with vehicle is the best thing to ever happen. Without them, you'd never get the performance advantages we have now, nor the fuel economy or ease of repair.

Sold my Audison! $720!!!!

Computers mixed with vehicle is the best thing to ever happen.  Without them, you'd never get the performance advantages we have now, nor the fuel economy or ease of repair.

ya, but the old big blocks are just so damn sexy

My whole family drives on fumes every day.

Computers mixed with vehicle is the best thing to ever happen.  Without them, you'd never get the performance advantages we have now, nor the fuel economy or ease of repair.

ya, but the old big blocks are just so damn sexy

If you say so. I'd rather take a vehicle with half the cubes and the same HP/torque. Less weight= better handling, acceleration, and increased fuel economy.

oww, ive still got pokey sticks in my socks. Those buggers just wedge themselves in there

Would you have a 15" sub from 10 years ago that takes a 10 cubic foot enclosure and has equal output to a 10" driver of todays' standards and fits in less than one cube?

Would you  have a 15" sub from 10 years ago that takes a 10 cubic foot enclosure and has equal output to a 10" driver of todays' standards and fits in less than one cube?

sshhhh thats not the point :unsure:

i'm actully kinda dissappointed now. I had high hopes for the reopening and was let down big time :( Nothing interesting...

NjccBflo Members 13-August 04 9,778

Supa_c Members 23-January 05 7,274

mrray13 Super Moderator 18-November 03 6,431

jntar Members 22-November 04 5,611

Acidburn Members 25-February 05 5,146

Tirefryr Members 27-January 04 4,525

denim Admin 30-July 03 3,481

Jack Frost Members 4-February 05 2,806

ss3079 Super Moderator 1-August 03 2,688

djjdnap Super Moderator 1-August 03 1,052

still? wow.