mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

What is supposedly so bad with direct drives that most audiophools don't like them. I dont' see why there would be a difference between them and belt driven if they spin a the same speed, just less parts to wear out. Please inform a noob.

Now for an only in BC story:

I get home tonight and step out of my car and this guy walks up to me. The guy asks, "Hey, do you have any weed for sale ?" I respond, "Uhh, no, sorry." "Do you know where I can get some ?" "Sure, got a pen ?" "No" "Okay ... I think I have one in the car, hold on a sec." Write down about 12 different dealers and hand him the paper. "Thanks man, what's your name ?" "James" "Do you want to write that down ?" "Uhhh, I guess ... Why do you need my name ?" "Oh, just so they know who referred me. They usually give you a cut, right ?" "Uhh, no." "No commission, that sucks dude." "Uhhh yeah ... I know ... anyways, I'd better get going now, have a good night." "You, too, thanks a lot." "Bye" "Bye"

I don't think that guy needed anymore weed to be honest ...

I get home tonight and step out of my car and this guy walks up to me.  The guy asks, "Hey, do you have any weed for sale ?"  I respond, "Uhh, no, sorry."  "Do you know where I can get some ?"  "Sure, got a pen ?"  "No"  "Okay ...  I think I have one in the car, hold on a sec."  Write down about 12 different dealers and hand him the paper.  "Thanks man, what's your name ?"  "James"  "Do you want to write that down ?"  "Uhhh, I guess ...  Why do you need my name ?"  "Oh, just so they know who referred me.  They usually give you a cut, right ?"  "Uhh, no."  "No commission, that sucks dude."  "Uhhh yeah ...  I know ...  anyways, I'd better get going now, have a good night."  "You, too, thanks a lot."  "Bye"  "Bye"

wow, that's just crazy man

you live an interesting life, James.

so steve, you find any houses u wanna buy? and have u decieded to move down here to tulsa yet? ;)

Fargo

you guessed wrong, almost my home town

Grand Forks?

Getting colder...good guess though.

I get home tonight and step out of my car and this guy walks up to me.  The guy asks, "Hey, do you have any weed for sale ?"  I respond, "Uhh, no, sorry."  "Do you know where I can get some ?"  "Sure, got a pen ?"  "No"  "Okay ...  I think I have one in the car, hold on a sec."  Write down about 12 different dealers and hand him the paper.  "Thanks man, what's your name ?"  "James"  "Do you want to write that down ?"  "Uhhh, I guess ...  Why do you need my name ?"  "Oh, just so they know who referred me.  They usually give you a cut, right ?"  "Uhh, no."  "No commission, that sucks dude."  "Uhhh yeah ...  I know ...  anyways, I'd better get going now, have a good night."  "You, too, thanks a lot."  "Bye"  "Bye"

wow, that's just crazy man

:blink::ugh2:

The car will never hurt your feelings

i gotta disagree... :lol2:

a car can indeed hurt your feelings...

you jsut dropped a tremec 6 spd in your hollowed honda civic type r. a mustang gt pulls up. revs his motor. you rev yours and turn on the NOS. this sucker has no clue he's about to get dusted by 175hp! you tac up a bit......the light turns green.....wheel spins, you go to grab second...BLAM!!! shifting band is busted!!

wouldn't have mattered anyway, the stang left your no torque having ass at the light!!!

tell me that wouldn't hurt your feelings...... :finger:

muhahahhahahahahaa :bigok:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

wouldn't hurt my feelings because I'd never build up a Hunda, I would be the guy in the Stang leaving the NOS laden rice burner at the starting line.

The car will never hurt your feelings

i gotta disagree... :lol2:

a car can indeed hurt your feelings...

you jsut dropped a tremec 6 spd in your hollowed honda civic type r. a mustang gt pulls up. revs his motor. you rev yours and turn on the NOS. this sucker has no clue he's about to get dusted by 175hp! you tac up a bit......the light turns green.....wheel spins, you go to grab second...BLAM!!! shifting band is busted!!

wouldn't have mattered anyway, the stang left your no torque having ass at the light!!!

tell me that wouldn't hurt your feelings...... :finger:

muhahahhahahahahaa :bigok:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

wouldn't hurt my feelings because I'd never build up a Hunda, I would be the guy in the Stang leaving the NOS laden rice burner at the starting line.

lol, as would jim...but it was just to prove my point. a car can indeed hurt your feelings.

say it's a m5 vs m5 race....both built with the absolute best of everything.....light turns green...KERCHUNK!! you spit a ujoint and get walked on. your feelings hurt now? you betcha.

and i think a car will lie to ya too! like my truck did. i ran a tank of e85 thru it. no loss of hp, no loss of gas mileage. it ran just fine, YET a DTC said i was running lean in both banks. how could i be? higher octane (i know that has zero to do with it), no white smoke under heavy acceleration, no detonation. get ready to replace all o2 sensors, put regular gas in it, the DTC goes away. the truck lied to me so i wouldn't run e85. period.

maybe i'm overreacting..but cars have personalities. and in those personalities, they will lie, hurt your feelings and leave you stranded. hence...all vehicles are indeed female.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I realized and agree with your point, just wanted to Ax the Hunda idea though. Oh, and my car is female!

well i just talked to josh laine, yes he's still a dealer for adire, however the shiva is not available right now. so he suggested an ID10. what do you guys think?

To go with....

anyone know the site to ID?

n/m, google ftw

not to hard to find...

Morning Patrick!

What is supposedly so bad with direct drives that most audiophools don't like them.  I dont' see why there would be a difference between them and belt driven if they spin a the same speed, just less parts to wear out.  Please inform a noob.

Snobbishness at its finest.

A bad direct drive table has a bit of jitter in it, because the motor is trying to hunt for the proper RPM constantly, vs. a belt drive that spins up and stays there. But a well-damped table such as the Technics or most DJ-caliber tables doesn't have an issue with jitter at all, and adding a record clamp will even improve the dampening of the platter more.

A *good* direct drive is hard to build, that's why you don't see too many of them on the market. Much easier to clone a belt-driven table like the Rega P3.

Annnd...

I need to actually make it to class today.

Exam review, I haven't been to Sociology regularly in four weeks and we've got the final this Friday :)

Moving this week!

Yay for my fireplace and my honeysuckle....not to mention PENNY

OK, need to protect my baby -- found this on the web:

http://bmwalarm.vstore.ca/product_info.php.../products_id/87

What is cool is the flip-key/remote fob that comes with it. What isn't cool is that it is a plain alarm for $230. I need a Positive switch to open the locks on my car, but really like the keyfob option on this one. Are there other options out there that include a flipkey option like this for BMW's??

there's honeysuckle growing all over the place, it's nice.