mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Must be crazy in here because the chithole is shut down...

lets hope it stays that way,

err I mean busy

Nah, Goob cares too much about the $$$ to let his precious forum stay down long...

Man, we keep going at this rate, we'll pass The Thread again...

As it should be...

Been humpin' all day. I have to go to Blowes and get some sheet rock corner piece chit, but maybe I'll wait.

I am rusty on my old old Orion, but I dont think the SX droped down as low as the HCCA's, but I would safely guess it would be closer to 45 x 2 @4ohms and maybe pushing the range of 160 x1 @4, but I could be a little off on my figures, little rusty like I said.

:unsure:

Well, just being what it is made it worth the $38/shipped I paid for it.

Not as good of a deal as that $40 Fosgate ramos just posted but a decent price nonetheless. :)

from experience with the very first 225 I used, pretty much all (except some Cobalt series) Orions are a sure bet at being under ratted by a little

i's gonna call de eff cee cee on yo ass...

wait a minute...

They could bust me too :D

I watched those guys do a bust here locally some years ago.

Three vans all sporting a zillion antennas each triangulated on this guy's house (he was running 5 figure wattage off of a set of Moonraker 6s ~ it was impossible NOT to hear him within several miles no matter what freq you were dialed into)

Add to the way-illegal power the fact that he was operating on 27.440mHz on LSB made for some unhappy FCC guys...

They left with the majority of his equipment and several fines totalling tens of thousands of $$$ were left behind for the offender in question.

There was a rumor for the longest time that FCC in San Francisco got the guy he was talking to at the same time that Hollis got popped...have no clue if that was true or not, however.

I am considering selling my old MTX Blue thunders to help put money in my Paypal to nab that Zapco Z220

MTXbluethunders-T.jpg

i's gonna call de eff cee cee on yo ass...

wait a minute...

They could bust me too :D

I watched those guys do a bust here locally some years ago.

Three vans all sporting a zillion antennas each triangulated on this guy's house (he was running 5 figure wattage off of a set of Moonraker 6s ~ it was impossible NOT to hear him within several miles no matter what freq you were dialed into)

Add to the way-illegal power the fact that he was operating on 27.440mHz on LSB made for some unhappy FCC guys...

They left with the majority of his equipment and several fines totalling tens of thousands of $$$ were left behind for the offender in question.

There was a rumor for the longest time that FCC in San Francisco got the guy he was talking to at the same time that Hollis got popped...have no clue if that was true or not, however.

haha

When I ran 100W or so on FM broadcast, I made damn sure I had 400KHz channel spacing out to 100 miles or so, plus a big lowpass filter after the power amp...

FM's a bad compromise though. In order to have listener response, you need to be well-known - and if you're well-known, you're going to get the DF crews after you.

Now it's not even worth it, too many people listening to satellite radio or their Ipods to make community radio viable anymore...

Nervous about buying used gear from a chain-smoking, 10-cat-owning guy who uses his amp as a TV stand?

Pretty sure they're talking about JimmAy :P

Nervous about buying used gear from a chain-smoking, 10-cat-owning guy who uses his amp as a TV stand?

Pretty sure they're talking about JimmAy :P

1. I don't smoke...cigarettes.

2. I'm a dog person.

3. Just because I could use my amps as a TV stand...:D

just muffed with my yahoo360 page for the hell of it,

stary night theme now

I am considering selling my old MTX Blue thunders to help put money in my Paypal to nab that Zapco Z220

MTXbluethunders-T.jpg

Blue Thunders do not thunder. :rofl2:

still have decent output though

Almost time to go :)

Gots some fleecing to do :)

woot woot talk to you guys later :)