mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Off to go cruise with a friend in his 'Vette.

My brother left his Sprinfield XD (9mm) at home with some rounds for me to play with :D

Opinions please. That is on my list of pistols. Well, not the 9mm, the .45 ACP acutally, but I imagine they will be quite similar.

My brother left his Sprinfield XD (9mm) at home with some rounds for me to play with :D

Opinions please. That is on my list of pistols. Well, not the 9mm, the .45 ACP acutally, but I imagine they will be quite similar.

I've put a couple clips through it with the .357 Sig barrel in it.

I like it, it fits in my hand pretty well, shoots nice. The only downside of the .357 Sig round is it has a hell of a snappy recoil to it. Decent trigger, decent sights (nothing like my match pistols, but still not bad for what it is). I'm kinda fond of the no safety on it (other than the grip/trigger), it seems pretty well laid out, slide release is easy to get to and easy to flip.

I plan on buying the one chambered in .45ACP once I turn 21, my brother got this for his concealed carry gun.

All in all I'd recommend it, I'll try to remember to post a little more once I get some 9mm rounds through it hopefully tommorow.

Spent most of the day working @ Duke...well, the country club anyway.

The band they hired for the reception was one I'd never seen before there, effing monstrous setup for an indoor ballroom...looked like dual 18's per channel, horn loaded midranges, HLCD's on the top end. Each channel was a good 10 feet high worth of stacked cabs with a rack of ancient Crown amps driving 'em. I'm surprised they didn't break any glasses on the tables during sound check :)

Spent most of the day working @ Duke...well, the country club anyway.

The band they hired for the reception was one I'd never seen before there, effing monstrous setup for an indoor ballroom...looked like dual 18's per channel, horn loaded midranges, HLCD's on the top end. Each channel was a good 10 feet high worth of stacked cabs with a rack of ancient Crown amps driving 'em. I'm surprised they didn't break any glasses on the tables during sound check :)

:OhYeah:

:OhYeah:

I wonder how many people hear actually listen to America, or am I the only one? :coolugh:

Awsome, hey Jim, you know anything about a Dynaco Pat-4 preamp, 20 bucks shipped sound like a decent price?

Awsome, hey Jim, you know anything about a Dynaco Pat-4 preamp, 20 bucks shipped sound like a decent price?

Well, hard to argue with twenty bucks if it works and is in decent shape.

I'd much rather have a PAS-3 given the choice, though ;)

I've put a couple clips through it with the .357 Sig barrel in it.

I like it, it fits in my hand pretty well, shoots nice. The only downside of the .357 Sig round is it has a hell of a snappy recoil to it. Decent trigger, decent sights (nothing like my match pistols, but still not bad for what it is). I'm kinda fond of the no safety on it (other than the grip/trigger), it seems pretty well laid out, slide release is easy to get to and easy to flip.

I plan on buying the one chambered in .45ACP once I turn 21, my brother got this for his concealed carry gun.

All in all I'd recommend it, I'll try to remember to post a little more once I get some 9mm rounds through it hopefully tommorow.

ever review i've seen of that firearm has been excellent, in 9, 357, and 45....i actually considered it when i bought my kimber. HOWEVER, i friend of mine who is teh uber gun guru made mention of the fact that springfield doesn't actually make the parts in the US. he bought one, thinking it was made in america and upon teardown found "made in crotia" on the frame (or slide, i can't remember).

while that has nothing to do with the firearm's performance, it struck a nerve and was removed from my want to buy list. as is any springfield now.

however, for concealed carry and if your not of the made in usa have to have list...look into the sig saur p239 and p229....those are looking mighty good..even for me..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Good thing you aren't into Olympic style shooting, NO match guns are made in the US, absolutly none, it sucks but you deal with it. :)

Some damn fine firearms were made outside of the US, just have to be careful where it's from :)

Good thing you aren't into Olympic style shooting, NO match guns are made in the US, absolutly none, it sucks but you deal with it.  :)

yeah, i know. and jim, your absolutely correct, there are several very fine firearms made outside the us....the swiss arms p210 being considered one of the greatest shooting 9's of all time. even then, the s&w m952, made right here, has won a few h2h against it.

but for match shooting, we jsut haven't caught up...

btw...testing the rl-i in the tl posted in the advance section..hehe.....

moving on to the in car part now...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Hello stranger.

Good thing you aren't into Olympic style shooting, NO match guns are made in the US, absolutly none, it sucks but you deal with it.