mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I've been wondering, exactly how much pressure can be generated in a subwoofer box (in PSI please).

alot??

lol, i'm sure it's been measured before, i'm certian of it...time for google...lol..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

180db = 20000Pascal = 2.9PSI

But it isn't the pressure that causes problems but the dynamic pressure changing. To give you an idea, Boeing uses 180-185db to mechanically stress metal to failure. This is the reason HT guys really build the piss out of their enclosures so that the energy built in the box causes no coloration or resonant energy to be added to the signal.

Thanks!

When I finally get around to building my little home speakers I will do a resonant measurement and post a video for you all. It will be a while though since I might move first.

Ohh, sweet. I'm very interested in this.

Excuse me for forgetting, but you are going to KSU in Manhattan no? I might have to do a measurement on some pistachio's there sometime this fall, if so maybe we can even measure your speakers. I can't promise anything yet as my job title could change drastically in the next couple of weeks but eh, wtf?

Yep, I'm at KSU in manhattan. That would be sweet as hell, I would even build some other test models as well that we could play with. If you do come down sometime, give me a week or three notice if thats possible.

Of course. If I can make it happen we will try.

That is awsome

:thanx:

Usually the education follows the name rather directly, in fact almost always.  There are exceptions of course, for instance Harvard is a terrible undergraduate school but a stellar graduate school.  I went to Carleton which has about the best academic reputation in the country, but probably a name your not familiar with.  9 out of 10 times though the schools that are harder to get into give you a better education.  And if you were really in it for the education you wouldn't be taking such a cake walk senior year.  It is funny because you cop an attitude that this is great and how it should be done and then don't heed your own advice.

Very true, my dad graduated from KSU with a BS in Mechanical Engineering, he worked at a machine shop up in Detroit for awhile, his boss liked his education so much and his knowledge that he hired another person sight unseen JUST BECAUSE THEY GRADUATED FROM KSU.

Speaking to an empty auditorium.

You must be referring to your listening capabilities. Remember where this started...

Very true, my dad graduated from KSU with a BS in Mechanical Engineering, he worked at a machine shop up in Detroit for awhile, his boss liked his education so much and his knowledge that he hired another person sight unseen JUST BECAUSE THEY GRADUATED FROM KSU.

I've gotten interviews without a resume before for the same reason.

It started with Denim making a simple suggestion and you jumping in and making a wise crack.

/discussion.

90% of the guys I work with went to the same place I did, 25-30 years ago.

If by wise you mean with wisdom, you are correct young sir.

Take all the goddamn courses you can while you're in high school.

Paying for them sucks.

90% of the guys I work with went to the same place I did, 25-30 years ago.

The good ole boy networking is really what works as well as anything.

Paying for them sucks.

And you are never prepared enough for what follows no matter what you think.

Paying for them sucks.

And you are never prepared enough for what follows no matter what you think.

Reason why I took everything I possibly could. Even did correspondance courses for stuff not offered, while taking a full load.

That was my original plan when looking for a house.  To find a lot and put a huge garage with a loft above it.

that's my plan for the future too :)

If I make a 5 on AP Chem Exam I will get 5-6 science credits...I am aiming for that 5 and hoping for a 4.

And I know about preperation, giving myself a rundown of calculus over the summer has basically laid the path for A's and B's in my calculus class for the year.

Today I just stopped taking notes because everything he said, I could have elabrated on...that is how simple the crap we are doing is. :(

Reason why I took everything I possibly could. Even did correspondance courses for stuff not offered, while taking a full load.

Exactly.

If I had changed my field and hadn't taken both arts + science courses in high school, I would have wasted a semester or two taking high school upgrade courses. Money down the drain. I took full advantage of high school ... education wise.

AP Cheam, However, I'm still trying to figure out my procedures for the lab I have to do monday.

I have 8 element and what's what is unknown and all I am alloted is a Bunsen Burner, Distilled Water, and one of the following: 6mol Sulfuric, 6mold Hydrochloric, 6mol Sodium Hyrdoxide, or Phenophalene Indicator.

I've ruled out the indicator and the sodium hydroxide. I am going to do a flame test to determine the obvious ones like Barium and Potasium compoinds. I know how to find the rest, just now how I'm going to explain it in scientific procedure.

If anyone thinks they can help me I can go get the lab hand book sheet and list the 8 known unknowns (lawl).

or

popcorn.gif

or

c9d2dd62.gif

can you please put those in the smilie request topic in the lobby section and I will try to get to them tonight....

I hated driving my friends GMC 1500 extended cab with an 6/4 lift on 22's with 33 AT tires through traffic...but damn did that truck look good.

Bigger trucks are easy to take through traffic. The trick is remembering that you're bigger than they are, far more intimidating, and most likely their vehicle is going to be more expensive to fix.

:)

that's how i drove when i had the suburban :)

or

popcorn.gif

or

c9d2dd62.gif

can you please put those in the smilie request topic in the lobby section and I will try to get to them tonight....

Done.

Usually the education follows the name rather directly, in fact almost always.  There are exceptions of course, for instance Harvard is a terrible undergraduate school but a stellar graduate school.  I went to Carleton which has about the best academic reputation in the country, but probably a name your not familiar with.  9 out of 10 times though the schools that are harder to get into give you a better education.  And if you were really in it for the education you wouldn't be taking such a cake walk senior year.  It is funny because you cop an attitude that this is great and how it should be done and then don't heed your own advice.

When we went to Nationals for ultimate frisbee, Carlton has this one player Nord I believe, he was simply one of the best in the world. Unreal.

or

popcorn.gif

or

c9d2dd62.gif

Done.

thanks, I cannot FTP in from work with all the security issues

I know someone who's an undergrad there :) Excellent program.

scratch that, I worked around it,

ok while I have a few moments, serious smilie update for anything you guys want added, I can do it now, so if you know of something you want added find it quick!

When we went to Nationals for ultimate frisbee, Carlton has this one player Nord I believe, he was simply one of the best in the world. Unreal.

My senior year our 1 team took first in Nationals and our 2 team took 2nd.