mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I think a lot of things are being missed in a regular book education for engineering. They are missing stuff that you can only learn by hands on work, you can't teach welding out of a book, you can't teach work site knowledge/safety out of a book. It is something that is overlooked to me that is a real necessity. I'm not real sure on the correct way to voice my distaste of the actual mechanical knowledge of a lot of the engineering students.

It might be that since I grew up in a very mechanical, hands on, family where we fix everything ourselves and had to learn how to take things apart, fix 'em, put them back together, etc, that puts me on a different playing field a lot of the other students.

Are you truly saying that you want to goto school for 16 years to use your hands for a living and not your brain?? I actually don't understand your point of view; however, I will agree that I find it really strange that people can have "mechanical minds" and not be mechanical.

damn you lab report, damn you straight to hell!

Now that I am done with mine I could do yours.

<--somehow this asshole always has like 10 posts in a row.

I think they should make a shop safety, basic shop tools, intro to building chit, and welding classes mandatory for all engineering majors. The option to test out would be available, and it would be a no studying hands on only test. Come up with something and they have 2hrs to build it.

You misunderstand engineering. As an engineer you design, technicians build. It actually behooves you in your career to not be able to do stuff so that you won't get stuck diong it since you have no social skills since you are an engineer.

Sean thinks I have no social skills :(

You would find this painful. It's not hard, just a bullshit-laden format.

I think they should make a shop safety, basic shop tools, intro to building chit, and welding classes mandatory for all engineering majors. The option to test out would be available, and it would be a no studying hands on only test. Come up with something and they have 2hrs to build it.

You misunderstand engineering. As an engineer you design, technicians build. It actually behooves you in your career to not be able to do stuff so that you won't get stuck diong it since you have no social skills since you are an engineer.

And who has worse social skills than an engineer, oh that's right perhaps a Physicist.

No, I'd probably fail since I'd come up with some smart ass way of doing it fast instead.

No, I'd probably fail since I'd come up with some smart ass way of doing it fast instead.

"I would use my laser vibrometer to measure the displacement to within a picometer."

Went to Kincaids, which amusingly is a MN restaurant overlooking the basketball arena. Tried to stop in the Hard Rock (lame I know but so is downtown Phoenix) and they wouldn't let me in since I had on flip flops. WTF?? Isn't this AZ? Who the FUCK wears shoes in AZ?

It seems to me that a state like Arizona would be understanding of flip-flops.

Nice leather ones to, not some hot pink surf bashing ones.

Your the one who thinks I scare people away :D

Went to Kincaids, which amusingly is a MN restaurant overlooking the basketball arena. Tried to stop in the Hard Rock (lame I know but so is downtown Phoenix) and they wouldn't let me in since I had on flip flops. WTF?? Isn't this AZ? Who the FUCK wears shoes in AZ?

downtown Phoenix sucks...

only online!

only online!

Oh hell, I am an ass in person as well.