mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

NP: the who - Pinball Wizard

i really need to find and rent that movie... was it named tommy?

Yep Tommy the rock opera. 1969 :)

Quadrophenia was the second of their rock operas , and was released in 1973 I think :)

Quadrophenia was better than Tommy, in my opinion.

If you're the downloading type, look for LSO playing Tommy....very nice.

i'll have to find quadrophenia as well then.

listening to all my music off my old hdd, even in crappy low rates.... makes me wonder if i used to have better taste in music, or if new music is REALLY sucking that badly.

NP: Violent Femmes - All I Want

I think it's new music is sucking that bad :)

The storyline in Tommy was a bit stronger and easily linked, but I find the music a better in Quadrophenia.

Mods vs. Rockers.

:)

When I throw on the vinyl and Love, Reign O'er Me hits, it is bliss.

new music has no soul

Few and far between, for sure. At the risk of sounding pretentious, there are some indie artists that still have it, but not many.

its not so much that new music sucks, just whats "popular" and "trendy" and "accessible" that sucks

Edited by Penguin4x4

I love The who - Won't get fooled again. That's probably my favorite song by them.

i need computer help from someone here. this desktop is acting 10 kinds of weird.

different programs will error out for seemingly no reason, the computer even reboots on its own at times. foobar is now having an error as soon as it opens. FF was doing it yesterday, then i started using explorer with the same results, switched to opera and it lasted for about an hour.

wtf???

btw so far any program that i run for any more than a few minutes will get the illegal operation or it'll just have the 'send or don't send' error box pop up

i'm scanning for viruses now, i'm hoping if i don't click the program it'll actually make it through the scan :-D

Payday...I think...cause I sure as hell didn't get paid last week :popcorn:

I think they should make a shop safety, basic shop tools, intro to building chit, and welding classes mandatory for all engineering majors. The option to test out would be available, and it would be a no studying hands on only test. Come up with something and they have 2hrs to build it.

You misunderstand engineering. As an engineer you design, technicians build. It actually behooves you in your career to not be able to do stuff so that you won't get stuck diong it since you have no social skills since you are an engineer.

Sean thinks I have no social skills :(

Me either , but it seems the curiculum for structural engineering has changed in the past 20 years. I had to go through the math, and physics. But we also had lots of hands on projects. I enjoyed our little projects, and seeing different approaches ( some good , some not ) for coming up with a solution for the same problem. :)

that was back before things like FEA and MatLab right?

now we just model chit on a computer and call it good

Yep pretty much , I graduated in 1987 :(

yeah..... I was born in '86.......

I have pretty much every The Who album on LP. :)

Payday...I think...cause I sure as hell didn't get paid last week :popcorn:

You sure love that popcorn