mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I use to play trumpet so I'm kind of a sucker for good a good trumpeter though...

I am so torn.

Sealed Maelstom-x's with a eq and low end boost, or huge giant massive low tuned enclosures.

At home? Massive low tuned if you have the space. *assumes this is for HT

You spark a good idea, maybe I should use these for my wifes Cobalt!

:D

Yeah, it's for the HT. I have never atempted a HUGE box like this. I'm a little nervous to build a tuned box so big. Also a little turned on.

The album that made me realize that Jazz was more important in my life than other music was a trumpeter, Dizzy G. Live at Montreux. I just searched and can't find the album for sale for you as I think what I have is a boot, but I will peak again later.

My new subs came in today! Hopefully I can go pick my new ride up next weekend, and see about getting some CV heads from Aussie land for that bitch!

Educate a ford engine retard here... wtf are CV heads?

Ha Ha. It's not just on Ford engines, all BBCs and BBFs use canted valve heads. For the small block Fords, these were only found on the 351 Cleveland, Boss 302 and 351 Modified engines. Each valve is canted towards it's respective to port to unshroud it and smooth the transition for both intake and exhaust.

My new subs came in today! Hopefully I can go pick my new ride up next weekend, and see about getting some CV heads from Aussie land for that bitch!

Educate a ford engine retard here... wtf are CV heads?

Ha Ha. It's not just on Ford engines, all BBCs and BBFs use canted valve heads. For the small block Fords, these were only found on the 351 Cleveland, Boss 302 and 351 Modified engines. Each valve is canted towards it's respective to port to unshroud it and smooth the transition for both intake and exhaust.

Ahhh, ok. I've just never heard it abbreviated. :)

Nah I dont hit women, nor treat them like chit..

Just my web talk..

But really that is crazy status for her to call up the gym..

I mean cmon..

But whatever floats her boat..

In my opinion..if you don't want people thinking your an A** who deserves to have his testicles removed..i wouldn't talk like you'd hit women or anything like that..because people can get the wrong idea. and it doesn't make you look good.

Not trying to be mean, Just trying to help

Equal rights. Women have fought so hard to be treated like men, but they always complain when they're not treated like a "lady." I could go on with this, but we all know it's pointless.

oh, and as to that new toy I mentioned last week....

86360351.jpg

15284357.jpg

48709960.jpg

SWEET!

I have never used RP for anything.

I have used cast GTX for years for oil, untill now I use synth on everything. For motor oil is RP all it's cracked up to be?

It sure looks purdy!

IMO, unless you beat the piss out of your car the price performance of GTX is hard to beat. Personally even if I use synth in a car I change it so often that the benefits over normal oil in good condition is non-existent. Castrol takes more abuse than most and the only real advantage of synth is that it doesn't breakdown and lose lubrication. Well if you don't let normal oil breakdown, who the fuck cares whether it is synth or not.

The caveat of course is if I have a really expensive engine. IE the M5 gets synth as the extra cost in this case gives me piece of mind, which of course is contrary to my statement above but the last thing I want to have happen is for me to drive that thing hot with crapped out oil in it. And considering everytime I drive her it is hard it seems worthwhile.

and some cars, like my mini, require a syn, or warranty void. part of the reason is the car is step up to recommend oil changes every 12k or so, dependiong upon driving. and that syn has to meet mini standards, or of course be castrol syn, which is what came in the car.

for my truck and motorcycle, they both get syn blend. the truck has an oil change countdown, the bike gets it every 5k, per factory rec, for now. by running a true syn, or syn blend, i know i'm not hurting the engine by going past 3k, which according to a mechanic friend was a joke anyway. by i'll sink a little extra into each oil change just to be safe.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I would argue that syn-blends are a waste. The petroleum portion can still break down which is the problem with non-synth oils. I'd save the money and just use Castrol GTX or step up and use the full synth.

you think? i bought syn blends on the thought that the syn portion, and it's bonding properties, would help in case of the petroleum part breaking down. also, after talking to my mechanic friend and his notion, well researched notion on his part, that the "breakdown" of petroleum based oils is mostly myth in street driven, normal drivers, that was something i needn't worry about. i don't autocross or anything that would actually lead to a breakdown. even with the offroad play in my truck, it not often enough, nor rough enough (my vehicles don't live near redline evey time i play) to actually worry about it. seems like it's more marketing, or geared to those who abuse, then anything.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

The album that made me realize that Jazz was more important in my life than other music was a trumpeter, Dizzy G. Live at Montreux. I just searched and can't find the album for sale for you as I think what I have is a boot, but I will peak again later.

http://www.amazon.com/Digital-At-Montreux-...2598&sr=8-1

?

1981, wrong cast. But you have me listening to that one now :)

Just my web talk..

I mean cmon..

In my opinion..if you don't want people thinking your an A** who deserves to have his testicles removed..i wouldn't talk like you'd hit women or anything like that..because people can get the wrong idea. and it doesn't make you look good.

Equal rights. Women have fought so hard to be treated like men, but they always complain when they're not treated like a "lady." I could go on with this, but we all know it's pointless.

Agreed, I've got a rant on that one too.

?

Ahh ok, but if you do find that album I would appreciate it. :)

I have used cast GTX for years for oil, untill now I use synth on everything. For motor oil is RP all it's cracked up to be?

It sure looks purdy!

IMO, unless you beat the piss out of your car the price performance of GTX is hard to beat. Personally even if I use synth in a car I change it so often that the benefits over normal oil in good condition is non-existent. Castrol takes more abuse than most and the only real advantage of synth is that it doesn't breakdown and lose lubrication. Well if you don't let normal oil breakdown, who the fuck cares whether it is synth or not.

The caveat of course is if I have a really expensive engine. IE the M5 gets synth as the extra cost in this case gives me piece of mind, which of course is contrary to my statement above but the last thing I want to have happen is for me to drive that thing hot with crapped out oil in it. And considering everytime I drive her it is hard it seems worthwhile.

and some cars, like my mini, require a syn, or warranty void. part of the reason is the car is step up to recommend oil changes every 12k or so, dependiong upon driving. and that syn has to meet mini standards, or of course be castrol syn, which is what came in the car.

for my truck and motorcycle, they both get syn blend. the truck has an oil change countdown, the bike gets it every 5k, per factory rec, for now. by running a true syn, or syn blend, i know i'm not hurting the engine by going past 3k, which according to a mechanic friend was a joke anyway. by i'll sink a little extra into each oil change just to be safe.

I would argue that syn-blends are a waste. The petroleum portion can still break down which is the problem with non-synth oils. I'd save the money and just use Castrol GTX or step up and use the full synth.

you think? i bought syn blends on the thought that the syn portion, and it's bonding properties, would help in case of the petroleum part breaking down. also, after talking to my mechanic friend and his notion, well researched notion on his part, that the "breakdown" of petroleum based oils is mostly myth in street driven, normal drivers, that was something i needn't worry about. i don't autocross or anything that would actually lead to a breakdown. even with the offroad play in my truck, it not often enough, nor rough enough (my vehicles don't live near redline evey time i play) to actually worry about it. seems like it's more marketing, or geared to those who abuse, then anything.

It breaks down from day one, cheaper oils don't even require high heat for this to happen. I don't see any value in the extra dough. All or nothing.

?

Except I guess only seconds of each song. :(

With modern engines, no matter what oil you use unless you are beating the utter crap out of it I see zero reason to ever change the oil at 3k miles.

My V6 gets the cheapest shit I can find and gets changed at 16K. Still going strong.

Funny though, the recording was digital...but digital vinyl. Perhaps not a boot now that my brain is part way functioning.

Downloading the Dizzy Montreux '77 Jam [1977] [Live album] album in FLAC currently...

I only have a tape of it though, perhaps I will have to dig out the tape player and digitize it.

Hmm. . .

Price of car---$300

Alarm---$100

Alarm accessories---$60

Stereo gear---$80

Repairs to date---$260

Shit, I just rendered the car priceless! :D

Just my web talk..

I mean cmon..

amen. we have a gay policewoman in our department who even thinks the fact that the POWER test requirements shouldn't be different. she believes that she should have to complete it no different then a man's requirement.

of course she failed the easier female's version, but i gotta give her kudo's for the thought.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Hmm. . .

Price of car---$300

Alarm---$100

Alarm accessories---$60

Stereo gear---$80

Repairs to date---$260

Shit, I just rendered the car priceless! :D

lol..nice!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

It sure looks purdy!

It breaks down from day one, cheaper oils don't even require high heat for this to happen. I don't see any value in the extra dough. All or nothing.

arrrrrghhhh

i'm a victim of marketing!!!