mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Damn Vicodin is so weak.

Oxygen mask ftw, better than any opioid I've ever had :lol2:

So I got an event coming up at the local track...should be a fairly fun event and I want to take the truck out. Well....a few weeks ago, due to my own stupidity, I blew my hub seals on my rear end...and due to me catching the fucking flu...and other shit...I never got around to fixing them. So this is the week OF and I need the damn seals, right?

So I call up AutoZone:

"Thank you for calling AutoZone, how can I help you?"

"Yeah, I'm looking for axle seals of a ford 9" rear end..."

"Oooh. umm...hold on a second...." and he puts me on hold.

....15 minutes later...someone ELSE picks up...

"...umm thank you for calling AutoZone, who are you holding for?"

"I'm holding for someone to help me find some axle seals..."

"Oh.. ummm. Huh.. hold on a second." and HE puts me on hold.

...10 minutes in, I'm getting pissed and I decide that this is a battle of wills. Them waiting for me to hang up....me waiting for them to get tired of the phone beeping and to pick up.

...10 MORE minutes....and I can feel my will about to give in completely to anger. FUCK THIS! While STILL on hold, I jump in my daily driver and drive my ass up to the AutoZone I'm on hold with!

I get there about 10 minutes later...and there's 4 fuckers working...and like two people shopping...and one of them hits me up instantly:

"Welcome to AutoZone, how can I help you?"

...as I walk behind their counter to look for their phone...

"Yeah....do you have someone on hold right now?"

"Uh excuse me?"

...I point at the blinking, beeping phone...

"DO...YOU...HAVE...SOMEONE...ON...HOLD...RIGHT...NOW!?"

"Uhh...I guess so."

"You guess so?? Let me help you. You DO have someone on hold...ME! I've been on hold for 45 fucking minutes! What in the HELL is THAT all about?? Can you give me one good reason why you've had me on hold for almost a fucking hour??"

"Well...uhh..I mean....uhhh...I was waiting for him (he points) to pick up.."

"He DID pick up...and put me right the fuck back on hold!"

"Uuhh..err....ahh...ummm..."

"Don't give me any bullshit about how busy you are...there's no one fucking in here! If my fucking question was simply too difficult for you, TELL me."

"Well...what do you need sir?"

"What I needed was axle seals...but what I need NOW is to talk to YOUR fucking manager."

"Yes sir."...and scampers off to get El Jefe....

Manager: "Yes sir, what seems to be the problem?"

...I tell him, "....and I'm STILL on hold!" That's right...I still haven't hung up...

He looks at the phone....picks it up...and says, "Uhh Autzone, may I help you?"

I yell into MY phone, "IT'S ME FUCKER!!!" He jumps and hangs up.

"I'm hoping that isn't your policy here! That if you CAN'T answer the question, just put the person on hold until they hang up?"

"Uh no sir!"

"Well lets see if y'all CAN help me...now that I'm here."

He goes over to the computer...

I tell him, "I need axle seals for a 31 spline ford 9" rear end."

"What's it out of?"

"Hell...i don't know? Almost any 70s ford truck I'm sure."

"Well I need to know what it's out of."

"I do not know..."

"Well what's it in now?"

"That's not gonna help you."

"Sure it is"

"No...it won't. There's no way to search for the rear end?"

"No...so what's it in?"

"A 2001 CHEVY SILVERADO ok?? Does THAT help???"

"No."

"See?"

He connected me with someone at another AutoZone that actually WAS helpful...and I went over there to get the parts...

Damn Vicodin is so weak.

actually yea, barely better than otc meds by any standards

Damn Vicodin is so weak.

actually yea, barely better than otc meds by any standards

it may be weak but it still fucked up my stomach the first time i took it

I have to get my wisdom teeth out here in a month or so, so I'll be getting some Vicodin. Everyone I've talked to says it makes them sick though...

I have to get my wisdom teeth out here in a month or so, so I'll be getting some Vicodin. Everyone I've talked to says it makes them sick though...

thats the scenario im talkin about teeth pulled, popped a vicodin, then threw up!

I know people that eat it like candy and don't get sick.

Suppose everyone is different. I HATE taking any kind of medication, unless it's absolutely necessary (antibiotics). So I'll give it a go without any meds when I get them out. (We'll see how long that lasts. :P)

Suppose everyone is different. I HATE taking any kind of medication, unless it's absolutely necessary (antibiotics). So I'll give it a go without any meds when I get them out. (We'll see how long that lasts. :P)

i just got done taking oxy 5's and oxy 15's for the last 2 months. those are way stronger then vics and perks. i was taking up to 4 of those 5's at a time just to make a little pain go away. i had a foot surgery in january and i was in a cast untill march 17th. and i took 3 of the 15's if it got bad.

but i've been taking the 5's for the last 4 years. i've had 6 surgeries in the last 4 years. i've been in a wheelchair every semester of my high school life. but they had to upgrade me to the 15's cause the 5's weren't cutting it anymore.

luckily i have a very strong self controll and i very easily kept myself from getting hooked on me. at one point i was getting scared cause i was lovin the feelin of being all doped up. but i only took them when it hurt. and i usually took an extra one or 2 just to make it go away for a longer time. but then i stopped hurtin, and so i stopped takin them. haven't been cravin since. and there sittin on my dressor right now, i'm looking at probably 20 or so of the 15's, and upwards of 40 of the 5's.

i got my wisdome pulled last spring break, and i had to take 2 oxy 5's to deal with any of that pain. doctor says i have an incredibly high pain tolerence though, which is why i need such high drugs cause the only time i take them is when it's that annoying, sharp whining pain that won't go away at all. he said i'm weird haha

meds fucking with your stomach is almost always going to depend on the person. Personally I can take just about any med on an empty stomach with no problem at all.

burton, your issue is you let the pain get too far for pain meds to do anything. All medications take quite a bit of time to start working and have a certain therapeutic window. If you start taking the paid meds when you first feel paid (or before) and keep your maintenance doses going they'll almost always do better at taking care of the pain. Once you actually feel the pain and start taking the meds you'll have to take way more (taking 4 or 5 at a time) to get your loading dose. You also put wayyy more of a strain on your system this way. Keep in mind that your body has to clear that drug back out and it usually isn't very easy.

and now that i'm done with that lecture, i do the same damn thing because i hate taking meds, i avoid it at all cost and usually wait until it's too late to start taking the pain meds.

uhoh, just realize sean is going to pass me in posts soon

so. i just ate 24 blazin wings at bww any one have any tips so i dont blow out my arseho tomarrow morning

Well, if this guy accepts my offer, I'm running up to Detroit this weekend.

:woot:

In my tour of the Ihop'ers I think I have only left off the East Coast guys. Too bad I never seem to travel that wya

you coming back to AZ anytime? we need to hit up a bar now that I'm actually old enough :P

Not planned at the moment, but it will happen.

I guess I'm comin' for you Matt.

burton, your issue is you let the pain get too far for pain meds to do anything. All medications take quite a bit of time to start working and have a certain therapeutic window. If you start taking the paid meds when you first feel paid (or before) and keep your maintenance doses going they'll almost always do better at taking care of the pain. Once you actually feel the pain and start taking the meds you'll have to take way more (taking 4 or 5 at a time) to get your loading dose. You also put wayyy more of a strain on your system this way. Keep in mind that your body has to clear that drug back out and it usually isn't very easy.

and now that i'm done with that lecture, i do the same damn thing because i hate taking meds, i avoid it at all cost and usually wait until it's too late to start taking the pain meds.

yea, that pretty much sums it all up. sounds exactly like what i do. but i grew up without takin pain meds. like if i was to fall off my bike and gash my leg open or something like that when i was little, i hardly ever took some tylonol or anything. no reason specifically, i guess i just wanted to be a big boy. kinda same thing goes for here, except i really can't feel it, or think of it as pain untill it gets really bad and i can't get it out of my head, or i can't do a normal task because of it's too much. everything under that, with the exception of trying to go to sleep (man that is the worst thing ever!) i can easily deal with. there has only been one time i have been in truely deep pain and was freaking out because it wouldnt go away. and that was before i completely woke up after my first foot surgery, the nurse wanted me to wiggle my toes. and i tried and it was horrible, my foot honestly hurts right now thinking about it. it had me in tears, and didn't go away after however much morphine they gave me through the IV, and some of the oxy 5's. took almost 2 hours before it started wearing down.

worst part is, the doctor first said that my first 4 surgeries would be my last, then i needed 2 more. and then they said that was it. then 3 days after my last surgery, they called me during dinner at olive garden, mmm, and said that they had a lady come in with an very similar foot disease as mine, and she will need surgeries for the rest of her life. they didn't expect it untill then. and they said that he fears i will be in the same situation, but we won't know untill a checkup later this year. if i do need surgeries he's assuming 2-4 surgeries (1-2 on each foot) every 5-7 yyears for the rest of my life, depending on how quickly my muscles develop, or under develop.

In my tour of the Ihop'ers I think I have only left off the East Coast guys. Too bad I never seem to travel that wya

you coming back to AZ anytime? we need to hit up a bar now that I'm actually old enough :P

You should head up this direction some time in the future :P

:woot:

I have a test tomorrow in my Elements of Intercultural Communication class

the class is so unbelievably dumb, I can hardly bring myself to study at all