mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Had an ok day. Went fishing this morning in beautiful weather, about 68* but a bit windy (Hell for the middle of July in Kansas, I'll take that temperature no matter the wind). Only caught one little bass in the two hours I was out, but it was worth it. Then I went and bought some protein powder to try and help me gain weight and make my little home workouts a little more productive, got the keys to my new place and checked it out for the first time, then came home and worked out. Now it's time to grill some steaks!

did u get a chance to check out the "scenery" by the pool?

When I went to get my keys there was nobody at the pool :(

Hmm, what to do today? My dad invited me to a lake party for his work, but it would take me about 3 hours to drive there. I'm not really in the mood to drive that far.

Aaaaaaaand Walter Cronkite is dead...`

Maybe I'll look for a go-fast car. I know you guys will persecute me for this, but I've always liked Supras and RX-7s. Are they practical and fairly easy to upgrade for somewhat cheap? I'm sure the RX-7 may need a special in-town mechanic that knows how to work on the rotaries, but that part doesn't scare me as much as a few years ago before the RX-8 came out because at least now there's a current car on the road with it.

The Supra's are ultra easy to make go fast. Hell of a bargain and reliable as well. When I sold Toyota's in 97 I almost bought one. ;)

hey guys! this internship has been kickin' my ass. got a question, anyone have any experience with PFD's for dogs? I was looking at the ruff wear big eddy. zeus swims just fine but when we get out past the surf he can't really tread water and he sure doesn't float :P

I just looked on cars.com for some, and they seem pretty pricey. At least for what I think. Basically all at least $20k for the last body style (which I'd like), and around 10k for the 89-92s. That's a little more disposable savings than I have right now. Darn.

Maybe I'll look for a go-fast car. I know you guys will persecute me for this, but I've always liked Supras and RX-7s. Are they practical and fairly easy to upgrade for somewhat cheap? I'm sure the RX-7 may need a special in-town mechanic that knows how to work on the rotaries, but that part doesn't scare me as much as a few years ago before the RX-8 came out because at least now there's a current car on the road with it.

I'm not much a Supra fan. They are pretty much just hideous to me, and it has to look good and perform well for me to like it. The performance is definitely there, but, gah, the looks.

I LOVE the 3rd gen RX7s! Too bad the F&F fucked up that beautiful TT in the first movie. Not too much a fan of the 8s though. They look like a bunch of mmisplaced puzzle pieces thrown together. The rotary is an amazing engine though. People complain about them lacking torque, but in those lightweight cars, they work very well.

I just looked on cars.com for some, and they seem pretty pricey. At least for what I think. Basically all at least $20k for the last body style, and around 10k for the 89-92s. That's a little more disposable savings than I have right now. Darn.

Keep searching. Forums are the best place! There are bargains to be had, you just have to have patience. It will come when you least expect it.

my bud who works in dc now had a 93 rx7 built all through college. he can't smog it (something about the idle and the amount of pollution when the second turbo engages) in ca and he lives on the east coast now. it was built by a local rotary shop called mariah motorsports that runs a successful race team. he's dumped threefold what he paid for the car into performance mods for road/track racing. i think he wants to sell it for 16k, let me know if you're interested and i'll find out more.

hey guys! this internship has been kickin' my ass. got a question, anyone have any experience with PFD's for dogs? I was looking at the ruff wear big eddy. zeus swims just fine but when we get out past the surf he can't really tread water and he sure doesn't float :P

My bro and his wife got little life jackets for their dogs for when we were canoeing last weekend. I'm not sure where they got them from or anything. But they had fun little handles on top, as you can see. He just dipped them over the side of the boat every once in a while and watched them paddle like mad to get back into the boat. Haha :) I guess Chihuahas don't really like water. At least his sissy ones don't.

gallery_364_157_113357.jpg

I'm not much a Supra fan. They are pretty much just hideous to me, and it has to look good and perform well for me to like it. The performance is definitely there, but, gah, the looks.

I LOVE the 3rd gen RX7s! Too bad the F&F fucked up that beautiful TT in the first movie. Not too much a fan of the 8s though. They look like a bunch of mmisplaced puzzle pieces thrown together. The rotary is an amazing engine though. People complain about them lacking torque, but in those lightweight cars, they work very well.

I don't mind the looks of the Supra, I'm just a bit disappointed how it and the Celica look almost exactly the same, just a bit longer. Kinda cheapens the Supra look, IMO. Yeah I've heard that about the torque in the rotaries as well, but shoot, like you said, in a car like that, I don't see how that could really be a problem. It's not like you're towing a boat. But then again, I've never driven one either. But I think it would be fun as hell spooling that thing up to 8-9k RPM.

my bud who works in dc now had a 93 rx7 built all through college. he can't smog it (something about the idle and the amount of pollution when the second turbo engages) in ca and he lives on the east coast now. it was built by a local rotary shop called mariah motorsports that runs a successful race team. he's dumped threefold what he paid for the car into performance mods for road/track racing. i think he wants to sell it for 16k, let me know if you're interested and i'll find out more.

I wish I could do that. But this was just the initial excitement phase. I'd need a year of saving before I was really ready to buy. I suppose car payments wouldn't be so bad, but I'd like to at least get one of my two student loans paid off first (should get that done in the next year).

Mosquitos must be in love with me and I'm not sharing the feeling....

Every time I stay outside in shorts and t-shirt the next day I'm full of musquito bites :(

supras arent to easy to come by these days. Maybe look along the lines of a 240sx. those can be hopped up fairly cheap, dont know much about the Rx-7s, im sure its pretty expensive.

and on a side not i will support u in this endeavor.

Im a support of fast cars, i wanna get an infiniti one of these days

Adrian, do you have any experience with Directed's crossover modules? I have a bad one and it's fucking up the sub section on the amp.

Wall in the den is now completely framed

Got at least an inch of rain

I've officially unloaded all my stuff from college back into my parent's house and/or storage unit (mostly storage unit)

Orthopedist said my leg is completely healed, and I should have no reason to continue seeing him, barring some freak complication

overall a very good week

supras arent to easy to come by these days. Maybe look along the lines of a 240sx. those can be hopped up fairly cheap, dont know much about the Rx-7s, im sure its pretty expensive.

and on a side not i will support u in this endeavor.

Im a support of fast cars, i wanna get an infiniti one of these days

If I ever get one, I'll drive it down to Texas for you.

I'm not a big fan of the 240sx. They don't look as good as Supras IMO, and did any of them come with more than a 4 banger? I'm not a big fan of the 350z either. The 2JZ is just a hard to beat engine for that application. MKIV Supra or nothing!

Just ran 1.5 miles to the rec center, lifted weights for about an hour, then ran back. Man I feel good and powerful.

Just ran 1.5 miles to the rec center, lifted weights for about an hour, then ran back. Man I feel good and powerful.

and on the prowl for some puss...

and on the note of cars

i do believe the supras look alot better.

u look into the 300zx twin trubo?

I also agree the 300zx looks way better than the Supra. Nicer inside than the 944, but fuck it I'd still rather have a Porsche again.