mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

Now I am off to check out all of the pics threads that I didnt want to waste my time on last few weeks

took a 4 hour nap

Body guys - worth it for me to try my hand and painting my own car? I dont need a show shine, just something that's not primer :fing34:

gotta compressor, can pick up a gravity paint gun, can also pick up a media blaster and LOTs of 3 mil plastic sheet.

:huh:

Thanks gents.

-Nick

Like anything, it's the prep work that counts. Bodywork is tough and time consuming. I'm sure I don't need to go into detail.

If the car is straight or only needs slight body work, I'd recommend just taking it to a shop and spending 1-1.2K on a decent paint job.

Once you start adding up all the supplies and time, you'll quickly be at $3-400 already. Then all the prep, yadda, yadda.

Steal a crap load from a bodyshop ;)

Those guys just bondo it up anyways, i used to work at one :D

Yah... that's kind of what I was thinking. Gonna take a couple of months to get this body squared away. If You remember, she sat through a winter in someones backyard. Going to have to do some amputation around a few cancer spots, have sheetmetal welded in -or- glass some replacements. No too much bondo, just 1/4 panel rot and floorpan rust.

I'm thinking that it can be a long term project. I really dont wanna dole out $1.5k that my best local guy wants for a decent triple coat with a few clear.

I would just feel so much more motivated if this thing was road ready right........ now

I wouldn't suggest glass on the outside. You're just asking for trouble. I used this as a temporary fix on my '89 and it turned out to be a nightmare. Replacing sheetmetal is the only way to go. Especially on that unibody where you need as much integrity as possible. $1.5K is cheap and I'd be more than willing to shell that out.

eh but I expected it to turn out this route

so far I have sunk about $400 into this car (including purchase) so it just seems wrong to spend that on the body... Lol

I could always drop her off and then get to work on the motor. hehe, I could use some space in the garage. LoL

$400, sell it

sometimes it just isnt worth it ;)

wowsa contender finale is dope.

$400, sell it

sometimes it just isnt worth it ;)

just You wait buddy.... 12 seconds, 25 mpg, street car < $3k ;)