mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Tire sorry I had to leavee abruptly and go to denver when I was writing my last post.

What I found with auto school. Most of the kids that I went to school with were excellent wrechers, most had been doing it all their life. That was not the case with me, I jumped into it because I had noidea what I wanted to do out of HS. The biggest thing I learned was the recruiting companies were very concerned about how someone was with the computers and electronics in the car. Whether is was a Tech 2, Snap on Scanner, or the other manufacture scan tools.

Alot of the kids I went to school with were dumb, plain and simple. Most of them didnt catch on to the computer orientied stuff that I did. When it came time for recruiting I was highly sought after from some of the higher end companies like BMW, Mercedes because those are so electrical and sensor orientied. 7.50 is candy money they were talking along the lines of 50k+.

I killed my automotive school, I graduated top of the class, and the one thing that everyone told me to do was get my business degree which is what im doing now.

I guess if my rambling can say one thing is master the computers, all of them you can get your hands on. There are a ton of people that can change parts or rebuild an engine, but most of them have no idea how to use the computers and if they do they dont understand the numbers that are going on behind the screen.

Just my experience with it.

Hows that new-car thing going?

well i still dont have one :madsign:

What have you been looking at?

probably a caddy of some sort

NIce, that'll hold some equipment! :fing34:

i need it to hold my wheelchair and walker

Why not a van then? It'd be easier to get in and out of.

lol nah i was kiddin, my bro makes fun of me for wanting a caddy, he thinks im 60. anyway, i have plans for the caddy. back seat being replaced with brahmas, etc. hehheehe

lol nah i was kiddin, my bro makes fun of me for wanting a caddy, he thinks im 60. anyway, i have plans for the caddy. back seat being replaced with brahmas, etc. hehheehe

There's nothing wrong with a caddy. I'd love to have one for trips, the Viper inspired seats in my SRT suck for anything more than an hour trip.

There's nothing wrong with a caddy. I'd love to have one for trips, the Viper inspired seats in my SRT suck for anything more than an hour trip.

yep thats why i gettin a caddy.

yep thats why i gettin a caddy.

:rockwoot:

I think Aaron's given up on the IHoP..

hey..how come nick never send me any good toys?? other then what i bartered for...

ryan sends some cool ones though!!

good luck goes to ur friend squeak..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I haven't sent You anything in a while... generally I include stuff in the boxes I send.

Still reeling from that Orion 2500 for Camcorder trade LoL

I dunno

Whats Your addy again? I can find something :lol:

I believe I include some junk in the last shipment to you. Some carpet scraps and something else. :P

Tire sorry I had to leavee abruptly and go to denver when I was writing my last post.

What I found with auto school. Most of the kids that I went to school with were excellent wrechers, most had been doing it all their life. That was not the case with me, I jumped into it because I had noidea what I wanted to do out of HS. The biggest thing I learned was the recruiting companies were very concerned about how someone was with the computers and electronics in the car. Whether is was a Tech 2, Snap on Scanner, or the other manufacture scan tools.

Alot of the kids I went to school with were dumb, plain and simple. Most of them didnt catch on to the computer orientied stuff that I did. When it came time for recruiting I was highly sought after from some of the higher end companies like BMW, Mercedes because those are so electrical and sensor orientied. 7.50 is candy money they were talking along the lines of 50k+.

I killed my automotive school, I graduated top of the class, and the one thing that everyone told me to do was get my business degree which is what im doing now.

I guess if my rambling can say one thing is master the computers, all of them you can get your hands on. There are a ton of people that can change parts or rebuild an engine, but most of them have no idea how to use the computers and if they do they dont understand the numbers that are going on behind the screen.

Just my experience with it.

Thanks for the info! My father used to own a couple garages so I do indeed have some experience with the computer side. Home and personal computing is another story, but I am VERY familiar with the Snap-on scanner, have limited experience with the Tech2 and Ford's STAR I believe it is called. My buddy worked at a GM dealership and I've been able to have access to some dealer equipment the normal public is not priviledged to. The funny thing is, I've yet to rebuild a carburetor, but I know my way around EFI very well. Sign of the times I guess.

I'm done BSing and when I do something, it's all or nothing, so hopefully, I can follow in your footsteps and excel in school, then follow that into the industry.

ON a side note, BMW and Mercedes are offering programs where if accepted, they will put you through school, pay for your tools, and offer a starting salary of minimum $75K. That's tough to beat even spending $30-$40K on schooling. Hopefully my venture with Toyota will prove promising. I personally feel they are going to be pretty much taking full command of the automotive industry in the next 10-15 years.

4:33 A.M. ANAHEIM, CA, US ARRIVAL SCAN

7:03 A.M. ANAHEIM, CA, US OUT FOR DELIVERY

10:48 A.M. ANAHEIM, CA, US THE PACKAGE WAS LEFT

IN A UPS FACILITY CAUSING THIS DELAY;

FORWARDED TO THE FACILITY IN THE DESTINATION CITY

as usual, puck you UPS. about 1/4 of all transactions i've had thru UPS have had some sort of mishap. so stupid. DHL > *