mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I got owned by an LED this week.

I go to turn the van on for the first time in a week this afternoon, and nada. Pop the hood, and see that I'm getting 5V at the battery. Fun. Turns out my cell phone's DC charger happens to have a little red LED that I haven't noticed before, and for the entire week while I've been out of town, it's been going to town on my battery.

It's great having a battery that will come back from abuse like that, but man...deep cycles are a b-i-t-c-h to bring back from the dead. They'll eventually run back up to regular float voltage, but it took almost 30min and a trip down the road before I felt comfortable taking it out on the highway.

I got owned by a 3 cent diode... :(

that sucks man

the little LED stays on even when the phones not plugged in?

Yup, something I didn't know...I do now.

the plus side is, my projects are finally coming together in the next few weeks (hopefully).

the chassis for my amp was powdercoated this week, along with the transformers...so the small parts will probably be added soon. if Kent hasn't completely forgotten about my cabs (j/k, you scary, scary man ;)) those should be done by his friend in a few weeks.

and, i'll be able to afford the turntable i've been looking at, brand new...no digital allowed for this system. i'd have to build my own tube phono stage for it, but that's pretty easy.

well im back home. had some jeep issues but was an ok drive.

GO MONO !

Some things are better left in 1956...monophonic sound is one of them.

well im back home. had some jeep issues but was an ok drive.

glad you made it home ok Mike

tom..funny vid...lol...when i was younger (like 16) a friend got ahold of an old immigration car. we put a cb/pa system in it, grabbed a red/blue flasher from my brother (vol. fireman) and would drive out to the fields and yell "this is immigration! stay where u are and get ur green cards ready!" adn watch all the mexicans run. teh farmers put a stop to it when they realized who we were and called our parents..lol :(

jim...the cabinets will be completed this week. i also got owned by a LED this past week...twice. :owned: the tsunami battery topper has one...and while we were in jamaica it sapped my redtop down to 11.5volts...and it's done it again. so the topper is history as of tuesday (when i can get battery terminals)

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

oh yeah...

good morning :coffee:

hope everyone has a good 4th!!

making "boom" the old fashioned way......

with gunpowder!!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Everyone have a safe and fun 4th of July! :rockwoot:

and as always...

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :slayer:

tom..funny vid...lol...when i was younger (like 16) a friend got ahold of an old immigration car. we put a cb/pa system in it, grabbed a red/blue flasher from my brother (vol. fireman) and would drive out to the fields and yell "this is immigration! stay where u are and get ur green cards ready!" adn watch all the mexicans run. teh farmers put a stop to it when they realized who we were and called our parents..lol :(

jim...the cabinets will be completed this week. i also got owned by a LED this past week...twice. :owned: the tsunami battery topper has one...and while we were in jamaica it sapped my redtop down to 11.5volts...and it's done it again. so the topper is history as of tuesday (when i can get battery terminals)

:lol2: you crazy farm kids....

Everyone have a safe and fun 4th of July! :rockwoot:

x2 :+1:

and all you people that actually get to have alcohol and fireworks, enjoy it for me

Kent, you need to get one of those A-10 cannons for the 4th :D That would be a good time, at least until the cops showed up...

Kent, you need to get one of those A-10 cannons for the 4th :D That would be a good time, at least until the cops showed up...

cops? i dont think they'd send cops if he had that gun

try the damn Marines

hell, i'd be happy with a Browning .50cal...