mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I see the rules, and I'm not a MECA member (yet)...?

Whether or not SPL is for you is a personal thing...I personally don't see the point of spending a lot of money for a system I can't listen to daily. If that means I can only get to 140dB if I meter it, well, so be it. To me, SPL is fun occansionally, but I'd like to listen to music more :)

I can see some rules, but not all and not in their entirety.

As far as competing goes, I'm pretty much with you as well. This will be a hybrid competition/daily install, but I just want to try it to see what all the buzz is about.

i was thinking about competing in SQ, but I'm NOT a fan of the RTA, FLAT tunes, or the other BS. What sounds good to me, definately won't go over well with judges.

Make sure to write TCAB on your sub box with a sharpie. +infinitygoogolplex deebeezwax.

Whether or not SPL is for you is a personal thing...I personally don't see the point of spending a lot of money for a system I can't listen to daily. If that means I can only get to 140dB if I meter it, well, so be it. To me, SPL is fun occansionally, but I'd like to listen to music more :)

As far as competing goes, I'm pretty much with you as well. This will be a hybrid competition/daily install, but I just want to try it to see what all the buzz is about.

i was thinking about competing in SQ, but I'm NOT a fan of the RTA, FLAT tunes, or the other BS. What sounds good to me, definately won't go over well with judges.

RTA is only a small part of the process, and you don't even need to do it if you don't want to. The regular SQ judging portion requires a setup that's anything but flat...your score does depend somewhat on what judge you get and what they're looking for that day :)

RTA is only a small part of the process, and you don't even need to do it if you don't want to. The regular SQ judging portion requires a setup that's anything but flat...your score does depend somewhat on what judge you get and what they're looking for that day :)

See, I'd get in an argument everytime though. You can't tell me my system doesn't sound good if I think it does. That's my only point. The SPL side is easy. The meter tells you who's louder. That part is simple.

From my research so far, I'm leaning towards dbDrag, but I'd really like to talk to some longtime competitors in all bodies.

I accidentally grabbed the tip of a rotary tool while it was on. It melted my skin a little and it's white now. I thought paint rubbed off or something, but that's just my melted skin lol.

I was using it to etch some plexi, came out with a crappy texture but o well. On one piece of plexi, I'm gonna do the DLS symbol and on another piece I'm gonna etch the circle that goes around the DLS symbol. Gonna stack them on top of each other and put diff colors of LEDs in each piece so I can have a 2 color dealio. Sounds rather ambitious for my abilities...

If this doesn't work out, I'm just gonna go with Mike's piece.