mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Sean, 1967 Pontiac Tempest Custom 2 door sedan

Pro built '70 vintage GTO 455, roller rockers, 750 double pumper w/Holley intake, TH400 console shift AT, 10 bolt posi, headers, Flowmasters, Hotchkiss springs, nice interior with a kickin' stereo, bucket seats, very little rust, this is a very fast street car, $9K

makethumbnailaspxzq1.jpg

I hate listening to full-size pipe organs :(

because they make any stereo setup I've heard sound so puny.

80 foot ceilings don't hurt either.

25w x 4 work matt ? :)

You put the O-scope on the speaker wires right? I read something that said to make an RCA probe...?

-John

You put the O-scope on the speaker wires right? I read something that said to make an RCA probe...?

-John

If you want to check the signal coming from the HU then you need to make an RCA probe

100_0948.jpg

100_0949.jpg

100_0950.jpg

100_0951.jpg

I don't have end caps for this one , but it works perfectly fine . It's a 200a4 . I can cut you a hell of a deal on it :)

damn , considering I just took those pics. I guess I need to reset the date on the camera :D

-John

If you want to check the signal coming from the HU then you need to make an RCA probe

well if I'm using it to set the gains on the amplifier which do I need to measure, the output voltage from the HU or the output voltage from the amplifier?

-John

Cute amp.

don't hate the rf :D

-John

well if I'm using it to set the gains on the amplifier which do I need to measure, the output voltage from the HU or the output voltage from the amplifier?

-John

Output of the amp, but you might want to check where/if your head unit starts clipping on the preouts, because your amp will amplify that as well.

-John

-John

Output of the amp, but you might want to check where/if your head unit starts clipping on the preouts, because your amp will amplify that as well.

Yep, make sure your HU isn't into clipping when trying to set the gains on the amp.

25 x 4 my ass.

25 x 4 my ass.

conservative rating ;) at 4ohm it benched at 53w x 4 97w x 4 at 2ohm :)

I can play the organ and they are an absolute joy. I do want to learn the Cello, though, so that might take the cake at some point.

I can play the organ and they are an absolute joy. I do want to learn the Cello, though, so that might take the cake at some point.

Stringed instruments make even ridiculously high-end stereo seem cheap...

Maybe that's why all the harp players I've seen show up in tiny wagons that are 15 years old :D

Speaking about crazy high end stuff, I was reading a review in TAS today about Nordost's new top end line, replacing the Valhalla...the Odin line. $16K per meter for the RCA interconnects, and $20K per for the speaker wire.

No thanks.

Yep, make sure your HU isn't into clipping when trying to set the gains on the amp.

so I could just buy like 6" of RCA cable and expose some wire so that I can attatch the leads? Could I just use RCA cable from radioshack since it won't be permanent?

I have a feeling the factory BLOSE is gonna have chitty results :P

-John

25 x 4 my ass.

conservative rating ;) at 4ohm it benched at 53w x 4 97w x 4 at 2ohm :)

Wanna bench my Haflers for me? I doubt they're powerhouses, but I know they're the shiz.

so I could just buy like 6" of RCA cable and expose some wire so that I can attatch the leads? Could I just use RCA cable from radioshack since it won't be permanent?

I have a feeling the factory BLOSE is gonna have chitty results :P

-John

what i've seen done is to get 2 RCA ends, and solder some wire between them with a lead coming off of each wire

Could I just use RCA cable from radioshack since it won't be permanent?

That'll do fine. It's just for testing, anyway.

No thanks is an understatement.

But you know somebody's going to buy a set. That's a lot of profit being made :D