mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Stupid keyboard commandos.

How come I don't see very many regular members in here, and by that I don't mean SSA regulars (orange).

Are there more bassheads here as of the past couple weeks, or have I just started to open more Fi Forum posts?

Might be the same... but there is definitely an increase in people that have no business using the word SQ for what they want.

There is a difference between pure clarity and having a decent sound. ;)

pure clarity ? i'm a long way from that. i'm also a long way from finishing the system.

but atleast i know the mli's go realy loooooooow. those fvckers shake the mirrors :lol:

Can't wait to put mine in the honda, but I am still stuck with how to get the wire through to the door. Might just order Raamat here and deal with wiring later.

Does it have the stupid plastic connectors in the door? If so, it's as simple as drilling new holes and inserting another boot in the door.

Ok someone buy me this >> US Amps 50hc

I've noticed that most people that use the term "mids and highs" really don't pay a lot of attention to either one...

Because its subs and everything else. :P

I know most people start out with subs. During your stupid teenage years you hear everyone else booming around and that'sthe first catch for most people. I know my first two vehicles were nothing more than stock speakers and more subbass than could ever be needed. Then one day I got a set of components for free and installed them and realized I songs sounded different. Of course I was hearing things that weren't reproduced on the lovely factory shit.

Are there more bassheads here as of the past couple weeks, or have I just started to open more Fi Forum posts?

Might be the same... but there is definitely an increase in people that have no business using the word SQ for what they want.

pure clarity ? i'm a long way from that. i'm also a long way from finishing the system.

but atleast i know the mli's go realy loooooooow. those fvckers shake the mirrors :lol:

Can't wait to put mine in the honda, but I am still stuck with how to get the wire through to the door. Might just order Raamat here and deal with wiring later.

Does it have the stupid plastic connectors in the door? If so, it's as simple as drilling new holes and inserting another boot in the door.

Sure, if you know how to do it with out taking the door off. :(

I've noticed that most people that use the term "mids and highs" really don't pay a lot of attention to either one...

I know most people start out with subs. During your stupid teenage years you hear everyone else booming around and that'sthe first catch for most people. I know my first two vehicles were nothing more than stock speakers and more subbass than could ever be needed. Then one day I got a set of components for free and installed them and realized I songs sounded different. Of course I was hearing things that weren't reproduced on the lovely factory shit.

First thing that I did was get an Alpine head unit and Boston Acoustics speakers, I didn't have a sub for at least a year after that...

I never was a basshead :(

But my vehicle didn't come stock with a CD player either.

They still don't.

:werd_msword:

I actually started with the three way enclosures. Your staging was supposed to be in the trunk right :)

Ok yeah, so you guys show up right before I have to pick up Arthur.

I actually started with the three way enclosures. Your staging was supposed to be in the trunk right :)

A lot would say it still is supposed to be...

:D

I did go through the bass head stage though , I am a competitive person by nature. Spl comps were all over the place around here in the early to mid 90's. Once you learn the in's and out's of your vehicle though , spl can get to a point it's boring for me. :(

fudge, i need new control arm bushings for the fiero. The cheapest rubber ones from advance is going to run me $40 just for the rear. I can get all the rear/front + sway bar bushings and ball joint/tie rod end boots in poly off egay for $100 shipped.

I'd really rather have rubber though.

Why do LCD monitors still need to be so 'spensive :(

Even when I was a basshead though , I had a front stage. Had my good old mb quart qsd's for while , then eventually went with the fosgate's. No way in hell it would keep up with the substage ( wasn't designed too ) but it staged properly at lower volumes :)

Hmmm, what's on tap for tonight...

- go to liquor store

- drink

- reformat/reinstall new copy of XP

- drink

- go downtown

- etc.

Hopefully I can get this new Foobar config working...them peoples on hydrogenaudio are teh smarts :(

Hmmm, what's on tap for tonight...

- go to liquor store

- drink

- reformat/reinstall new copy of XP

- drink

- go downtown

- etc.

Lets see, I have;

Pick up arthur,

play with and feed baby,

give baby bath,

make dinner with mommy,

cut grass before sun goes down,

play with baby more,

clean up house a little,

try to get baby to bed,

grab a glass of wine and try to check how bad the Orioles are losing,

sit down on couch only to see mommy asleep on other couch again. :(

Sure, if you know how to do it with out taking the door off. :(

Drill through the door from the inside with the door panel popped off, then you can remove the kick panel, move what you need out of the way and drill through from the passenger compartment. Paint the edges, install your boot, and voila!

i have to eat, go to work, come home and finish some technical writing tests (3 of them) then move on to doing two research modules. Tomorrow i need to start on my take home biology test and hopefully at least get 1 question done before going to work again, then i get to come home and finish as much of the test as possible. Sunday i have to rush and fix julie's sub box (it's getting covered with pink fabric, and i might cover mine in a pimp shiny purple fabric for chits and giggles. then the rest of sunday night i work on the take home test some more.

i also need to fill out pharmacy and med school applications before the end of next week.

First thing that I did was get an Alpine head unit and Boston Acoustics speakers, I didn't have a sub for at least a year after that...

I never was a basshead :(

I started with a Pioneer HU and Pioneer coax's. It was a few months til I added subs, and it was only a couple months after that that I was planning on putting components in.

My only basshead phase was when I was planning on putting the SX 15"s in the Impala. After I heard one ported, I decided that was waaayyyy more than I needed.