mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Now what type of frosty are we talking about here? ;)

Original Chocolate flavored of course

:fing34:

I watch some of the videos on cmt every once in a while .....thank god for the mute button :)

Love the ladies not the music? :)

In middle school, some of the guys in my class brought in the new Britney Spears video and we watched it on mute :P

I was always taught sound by definition is vibrations transmitted through , liquid, gas ( air ) , or an elastic solid . So dumbing it down so my hillbilly brain can comprehend it. :D A vibration is movement , Hence the reason I wondered what sound was if it's not moving air . :)

Yeah, I guess we're both right. It's vibrational movement. Fans definitely can't do that though.

With the right controller they can. The eminent LT is a fine example of this and where the whole conversation started from.

I was always taught sound by definition is vibrations transmitted through , liquid, gas ( air ) , or an elastic solid . So dumbing it down so my hillbilly brain can comprehend it. :D A vibration is movement , Hence the reason I wondered what sound was if it's not moving air . :)

Yeah, I guess we're both right. It's vibrational movement. Fans definitely can't do that though.

With the right controller they can. The eminent LT is a fine example of this and where the whole conversation started from.

Is that the fan thing in that one video floating around?

off to google

O-chem test this morning kicked my ass, thank god he drops the lowest

Is that the fan thing in that one video floating around?

off to google

Yup. I think it's the LT but I could be wrong on the model name. I know it's an Eminent Technologies product, though.

<--- was/is thinking of a normal desk fan, btw

Your normal desktop fan is capable of doing it also (otherwise we wouldn't be able to hear the sound of the air going over the fan blades). Take that potential, develop a controller that can accurately control the fans motion to match that of the input signal, and you have that Eminent piece. Kind of cool but really, really hard to scale up. Imagine trying to start and stop a fan on a dime on transients....wouldn't work too well. As I understand it, that's why the bandwidth is limited to around 25 Hz...it just can't accurately do anything higher than that. And of course, our ears are a lot less sensitive in the bandwidth that they are marketing it so a little loss of accuracy is no big thing.

But the damn thing costs something like $17,000. Wanna split on the costs with me? :)

Topic? I love when a prof agrees to drop the lowest.

:drink40:

And someone earlier mentioned that they weren't allowed to drink in their engineering faculty....I think it's actually encouraged at the local University here.

17 grand? no thanks, I'll just make Darth Vader noises through my fan

And someone earlier mentioned that they weren't allowed to drink in their engineering faculty....I think it's actually encouraged at the local University here.

the topics on this test were... Alcohols, Ethers, and Thiols, Benzene and its Derivatives, Amines, and Aldehydes and Ketones

and we've got a dry campus here :(

so if that kind of fan-driver is limited to about 25Hz, what's different about a PG Cyclone that makes it work?

Honestly, I'm not totally sure about the Cyclone as I've never even looked at a picture. Maybe it's about time I hit google as well.

you guys know that paper/presentation I was freakin out about Tuesday night? I got my grade back today and I made an A on both my paper and presentation. Brought my grade up from an F to a 83.4%. I'm soooooooooo so so so happy. Even if I do horrible on my final I'll still have a C. :woot:

Gonna need some skinny armed help at Daves on Sunday . Got the deadener to start deadening doors and the head liner. :)

Hopefully the driver will be there soon.

Don't threaten me like that :D

I was on the horn with Dave the other day, and sent an email to the build house for an update.

I also posted in the back room aaron, check it.

Who wants to chop wood for me???

Gonna need some skinny armed help at Daves on Sunday . Got the deadener to start deadening doors and the head liner. :)

Fly my ass out there. :)

That would have been me, and I would dearly love to have drinking encouraged in the building here.

Such a stress relief.

That and cutting the trees down in the first place.

Eng Phys II test in one hour, I think I'm going to do well on it. :)

Such a stress relief.

That and cutting the trees down in the first place.

Never had to chop wood before.

The only time I ever run a chainsaw is is clearing out waterways of hedge/locus trees.

Not exactly a stress relief. :)

Eng Phys II test in one hour, I think I'm going to do well on it. :)

good luck