mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

boring. 4 door. :(

but the price is a fraction of what a 2 door in that shape would cost

besides, it'd match the other one :P

price is only relative for what it is worth later divided by what you pay now. I am not sure a 4 door can compete

Doing an extra credit survey for philosophy class, seeing how many responses I can get:

Logical Argument of Evil: If God can prevent the destructive suffering of the innocent, yet chooses not to, He is not good. If God chooses to prevent the suffering but cannot, He is not omnipotent. If God cannot recognize the suffering of the innocent, he is not wise.

In the Western tradition, God is defined as possessing these three attributes: omnipotence, omniscience and omnibenevolence.

Can one rationally believe BOTH: that all of the premises of the logical argument of evil are true, and that the traditional Western God exists?

see if my words match my thoughts...

God is indeed supposed to omnipotent, omniscient and omnibenevolent, but one has to earn His "attention" (for lack of a better word) you are expected to follow Him blindly, on faith alone, and He will reward you with his benevolence.

the logical argument of evil is that because God just don't crush evil, He isn't what he says, it skirts around teh primary part of religion. it doesn't touch upon the one very basic principle of faith and that God uses said faith to test then reward. Heaven isn't suppose to easy to get into, it's too great of a reward, so we are suppsoed to suffer, supposed to tread through evil lands to achieve what God has set aside for us. if heaven was easy to get too, what's the purpose of trial and tribulations? like getting the vince lombardi trophy without playing the regular season and playoffs.

it (evil) also trys to use logic to decieve. evil will lean upon man's tendacy to not believe what he can't see, touch or feel. if God isn't doing what He says he can do, then He can't do it right? doesn't take into account all of the above i typed. it basicly states teh obvious and hopes that weaked minded (or weak in faith) fall for the "logic".

i hope that kinda makes sense.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

holy naustic gas wtf did I eat?

glad you can't share...lol

and i too am wanting to read this long post of that was previously mentioned, unless it's the one at roe where neil was attempting a bit of dry humor and the flock over there thought it to be real.

and chad was schooling steve of rD

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Logic and religion aren't very compatible :P

As much as it seems to be a cop-out, I'm agnostic...

Agnostic doesn't have to be a cop-out, though. I spend a lot of time studying theism and atheism alike, although my end result is always agnosticism.

Alright finally read that whole long thread. Hilarty++ but it does bring up a good point of manufacturers and their markeneering...like that "Dynamic Motor Analysis" system JL uses on the W6v2's and W7's...although that may actually be real engineering...not really keen on all the EE jargon...

?

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_subs_pages.php?page_id=42

Dynamic Motor Analysis is a real thing. Not only do they FEA their drivers and simulate BL(x), Cms(x), and Le(x) curves, but they also have a Klippel on hand that can physically measure (more or less) the same thing. Much more than just your static small signal thiele/small parameter analysis (Dynamic vs. Static).

Honestly, if it's from JL Audio, you can almost always bet real, viable, and impressive engineering is behind it.

A lot of manufacturers do that however.

Very true, although not always in house. It's amazing how many companies use FEA....even on at, say, Boeing, FEA is used very extensively in the design of the entire airplane.

Getting cold up here again. "Feels like" -40 Celsius/-40 Fahrenheit.

Alright finally read that whole long thread. Hilarty++ but it does bring up a good point of manufacturers and their markeneering...like that "Dynamic Motor Analysis" system JL uses on the W6v2's and W7's...although that may actually be real engineering...not really keen on all the EE jargon...

?

Dynamic Motor Analysis is a real thing. Not only do they FEA their drivers and simulate BL(x), Cms(x), and Le(x) curves, but they also have a Klippel on hand that can physically measure (more or less) the same thing. Much more than just your static small signal thiele/small parameter analysis (Dynamic vs. Static).

Honestly, if it's from JL Audio, you can almost always bet real, viable, and impressive engineering is behind it.

Very true, although not always in house. It's amazing how many companies use FEA....even on at, say, Boeing, FEA is used very extensively in the design of the entire airplane.

Pretty much all real companies use FEA, but real speaker designers go one step further and use a laser vibrometer to fix the errors in their FEA. JL isn't that far along , but there are a lot that are in particular in Europe. Here in the states it is fewer, but I know of four manufacturers that have made the investment.

You name a company that builds something at all technology based and I will guarantee they have FEA capability.

As for the Boeing comment, I bet as a company they probably have around 500 FE software licenses...maybe more. They also use many techniques to verify and correct their theoretical models. I know for a fact they model in Washington, Missouri, Kansas, California, Arizona, Texas, Illinois all have licenses. There are a lot of facilities I haven't been in though but could guess they do as well.

?

Pretty much all real companies use FEA, but real speaker designers go one step further and use a laser vibrometer to fix the errors in their FEA. JL isn't that far along , but there are a lot that are in particular in Europe. Here in the states it is fewer, but I know of four manufacturers that have made the investment.

You name a company that builds something at all technology based and I will guarantee they have FEA capability.

Hmm, I wonder where they could get one of those laser vibrometers.... :P

Well, I finally read the whole HW thread and had to add my 2 cents. Decided against using my normal screen name though ;)

Who is this Deephaven character? I like the way they think.

Even in the internet world where part selection is almost identical from one sub to another and build quality is often pretty average, RD Audio falls well beneath the water mark. The Classic I bought was a disappointment in virtually every respect....just wish I had listened to it before selling.

My new addy will be in Deephaven.

<-- obviously a guy who chooses screen names based on what excites him at the time

Even in the internet world where part selection is almost identical from one sub to another and build quality is often pretty average, RD Audio falls well beneath the water mark. The Classic I bought was a disappointment in virtually every respect....just wish I had listened to it before selling.

The end of the sentence is great.

Here too.

Have had to plug in the truck the past few days overnight.

It's not like it helps the piece of shit GM product.

My new addy will be in Deephaven.

<-- obviously a guy who chooses screen names based on what excites him at the time

I remember from when you were posting pictures. :)

The end of the sentence is great.

I know it sounds so awful but if you saw the part selection and build quality on it, you'd think the same thing. I wanted to listen to it and do a review but a) I didn't have the time, b ) I wasn't impressed, c) I don't think a review would have even mattered...the people who like RD Audio will like them no matter how much evidence there is to the contrary, and the people who dislike them (like me) will always be considered "haters", whatever the hell that means.

Here too.

Have had to plug in the truck the past few days overnight.

It's not like it helps the piece of shit GM product.

Tell me about it.

Jesus, I need to spell check before posting rather than editing it afterwards.

Well, I finally read the whole HW thread and had to add my 2 cents. Decided against using my normal screen name though ;)

:lol2: :lol2: