mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Matt....OR you can get some of that fancy Lord Baccus wrap...i say paint it!!

Powdercoat, mmmhmm

Fuck that. That'll hold in twice the heat of paint. Anodizing is the only way to go on aluminum heatsinks. Shouldn't be that expensive either Matt if you do all the prepwork.. I actually have a great book on making your own home anodizing kit. I should probably make a .pdf of this and make it available to members here. I'm going to make one as soon as my garage is complete.

Or just strip off the anodizing that is on it and hit it with a wire brush. Simple, fast, and cheap as all you have to buy is a can of oven cleaner.

Hell, if you are in Kanasassasssass you aint' got shit to do but drink so you will drink our asses under the table.

There isn't much we do besides work and drink currently, but I'm gonna say no to that drinking you under the table, you've got a few more years of experience under your belt. I can hold my own but I'm not sure I want to get into a drinking contest with ya'll. :)

I could drink WAY more when I was 20 than I can now. And I mean WAY.

I believe I have a tendency to get crushes on 30+ year olds with boyfriends/husbands

They are usually the type that you don't have to teach everything to

You guys weren't really all that busy while I was gone.

And FUCK, I am not going to Summer Nats. :( Been gone too much and the boat trumps the show, which of course probably is a really good thing for my wallet. I no longer need to decide on my project car anyways, just what goes in it. :)

wrong color, wrong year, but right stance

69chargerjj0.jpg

90 some dollars is a weak bar tab if you go out with me,matt, and Ramos......

Yea, I'm not even 21...

I didn't realize, in MN you aren't allowed in liquor stores when you aren't of age. Normally they card everyone and we didn't go where I 'normally' would have gone.

Hmmm, doesn't matter here in Kansas... They didn't care about me this trip and I turn 21 in a month and a half so its all good. :)

Hmmm, time to go do the hog chores.

<-- visited a hog farm in Germany

Why would you want to visit a hog farm?

Going to be a hot and sticky day today, 97*, rained last night and chance of rain today...

Todays goal: not sweat much.

Have the 40 hour Osha HAZWOPER training this week.

I believe I have a tendency to get crushes on 30+ year olds with boyfriends/husbands

I seem to be in the same boat :shrug:

Why would you want to visit a hog farm?

He wanted to pick out dinner

OK maybe some of you texans can chime in.

I really want a smoker and a grill.

I'm torn though. Water smoker sounds the way to go but the time will be about 2-3 times as long as normal smoking from what I understand, which isn't that big of a deal, but still matters.

I'm up in MN too and I liek to grill in the winter, and I want a more heavy duty unit.

BGE. If you want to smoke it rocks, if you want to grill it is nice. My preference is a komodo style and a gas grill, you sort of need both as laziness does set in and convenience follows it around.

I've been meaning to check out those BGEs....have to drive to houston just to find a dealer though. Speaking of which, is barbecues galore still around...I know they had a few shops open in the Houston area last I checked...

BBQ Galore is definitely around. I visited one in Austin and Phoenix this year.

I gave away my barrel smoker and my water smoker (note, you don't need water to use it) after getting the Viking C4 which is the BGE on steroids. You make the same exact rack of ribs (or butt or brisket) on the BGE and the barrel at the same time and you will never want a barrel again. The heat control is amazing and along with it comes an amazing amount of moisture and of course the capability to have a nice finish with high heat all at the same time. The only advantage of the barrel or pitt style is the capability to make a lot more at once. 4 racks is the extent of what I can do on the C4, but IMO the effort is less even doing multiple batches.

My w's cousin owns a hog farm in Germany and lives on it, we stayed with them. Good idea though Tom.

I'm stuck with one of those Brinkmann Smoke n' Grills. As long as you babysit it all.the.time it does a fantastic job.

BBQ Galore is definitely around. I visited one in Austin and Phoenix this year.

I gave away my barrel smoker and my water smoker (note, you don't need water to use it) after getting the Viking C4 which is the BGE on steroids. You make the same exact rack of ribs (or butt or brisket) on the BGE and the barrel at the same time and you will never want a barrel again. The heat control is amazing and along with it comes an amazing amount of moisture and of course the capability to have a nice finish with high heat all at the same time. The only advantage of the barrel or pitt style is the capability to make a lot more at once. 4 racks is the extent of what I can do on the C4, but IMO the effort is less even doing multiple batches.

Think you can fit a whole brisket on one of them? Bout as "big" as I go with a smoker. (can't even fit a whole one on the Brinkmann, have to use half briskets)

Depends on the size of the cow. Regrettably in this part of the country briskets are expensive, unless you goto Wally World. A "whole" from there fits fine, but I can imagine if you have a big arse cow that it might be tough. I will add though that the benefit of the komodo style means you can fill it more and still have even heat. You could surely cut one in half and stand it upright even if it were large.

Oh, my old barrel smoker was a Brinkman as well :)

I am glad that Jacob managed to get 12dB slopes on the new 100.4, IMO 24dB slopes aren't really all that useful in 99% of the front stage applications. I generically like to use as shallow of a slope as possible, but of course this isn't possible with some drivers like for instance my Excels.

Since everyone is so gung ho in his thread and I didn't to turd on it. :)

looks like they closed up about half the BBQ Galore shops in Houston. Still one on Westheimer, though. :boobs2:

I am glad that Jacob managed to get 12dB slopes on the new 100.4, IMO 24dB slopes aren't really all that useful in 99% of the front stage applications. I generically like to use as shallow of a slope as possible, but of course this isn't possible with some drivers like for instance my Excels.

Since everyone is so gung ho in his thread and I didn't to turd on it. :)

It sounds like a hell of a winner for the Cadillac but I'm still not sure on how I want do do everything. I know what I want (FF85k's and MLI-6.5's) but I don't know what I want for hardware.