mhubbard

Sundown SAZ 1500D @ 1.34 ohms

Hello,

How many watts will my Sundown SAZ 1500D give me @ 1.34 ohms? I have a Duralast Gold battery up front, Batbap 800 in the back. 0 guage wiring in the entire car. I have 3 T3 TS series 10 in a sealed box single 4 ohm wired for 1.34 ohms.

Thanks

Depends on Voltage and what your alternator can handle. Probably 1600-1700 RMS.

Hello,

How many watts will my Sundown SAZ 1500D give me @ 1.34 ohms? I have a Duralast Gold battery up front, Batbap 800 in the back. 0 guage wiring in the entire car. I have 3 T3 TS series 10 in a sealed box single 4 ohm wired for 1.34 ohms.

Thanks

Hi my set up was almost the same as yours, the 1500d was making nearly 1600 watts a 13.8 on my test meter with a 1.2 ohn load.

My shop sells t3 audio and that set up will work super.

Probably around 1100 to 1300 maybe less due to impedance rise. You might start with 1.34 ohms but you may rise to almost 2 ohms. The 2 ohm rating of a Sundown 1500 is 800 watts. The only way to know for sure is to clamp it.

Hello,

Thanks

well considering box rize (sealed boxes tend to have higher box rize than ported) u lookin at atleast 800watts

I also have 3 10 Crossfire BMF (new) sitting in the garage that I can use as well where I can switch impedance plugs on them wire them up to an 0.67 ohm load bridged. Since we are accounting for the impedance rise, from 0.67 what could it rise to in the same box?

probably as high as 40-50 ohms. People apparently forget that impedence in the box is very frequency-dependent. It may only be 2 ohms at 30 hz, but it may bump up to 40 ohms at 45 hz. Here's an example:

gallery_364_193_104699.jpg

Watts = Voltage x Max Current Draw x Efficiency ~ W = V x A x %

therefore using 12.8 volts ~ 12.8 x 160A x .8 (taking 80% efficiency) = 1638.4W max power @ 1 ohm load

Watts = Voltage x Max Current Draw x Efficiency ~ W = V x A x %

therefore using 12.8 volts ~ 12.8 x 160A x .8 (taking 80% efficiency) = 1638.4W max power @ 1 ohm load

Electrically speaking, this ^ would be correct. But since it's connected to a resistive load.. that math is not accurate.

yes I know, but its just an indication of potential. Only way to really test power output would be to install and measure with proper test equipment. :)