so my friend is wanting to get a batcap becuase he heard it will help out his electrical ALOT. what do yall think about it? ever had one, used one.. etc

I'm up in the air about getting one of these aswell, I would like to hear some of the input also :)

theres not much about them on the net but from what ive heard theyre pretty good

Yea, all I really know is where to get them. An Installer suggested that I would need atleast one and maybe 2... But I dunno if he was being true or just trying to sell me crap =/

lol, most of the time their just trying to sell you stuff. what kind of amp do you got?

If you have a voltage problem all the cap will do is stiffen the current. Not make it more powerful or even stop the dimming. You should get a better battery and an upgraded alternator :D

well his voltage stays at 13 when hes drivin and has it turned up, but his lights dim BAD, and he would get a alternator but their too expensive.

well his voltage stays at 13 when hes drivin and has it turned up, but his lights dim BAD, and he would get a alternator but their too expensive.

where do you get one of those electronic volt meters I see in peoples car. Like big jons and others.

I don't know how good they work but i will see i ran out of money so i had to get a cap. Its a 10 farad Rockford fosgate we will see how it holds up.

a cap is just a bandaid....

you should look into beefing your charging up...

13.! when your driving?

i stay at 14.7 going down the road wangin

the only time i see 13's is at idle with my headlights on and while im wangin it for over 3 mins.

yeah all it will do is put another strain on the stock alternator

depends on the batcap if its a smaller one its just that a cap but if its an 800 and up its more of a battery a guy i know uses 4 8400's resting at 17.8v and runs two 8kw amps at comps. they are decent but for the prices id rather a powermaster or kinetik

a cap is just a bandaid....

you should look into beefing your charging up...

13.! when your driving?

i stay at 14.7 going down the road wangin

the only time i see 13's is at idle with my headlights on and while im wangin it for over 3 mins.

well their not really caps, but my friend wants to do it so idk lol he likes stuff like that

I've got a BatCap 800 (it's a zapped battery that sits over 13.5V and has a low ESR) but I've never put it to use really. It's going in the new system. It's small and light and should be plenty for my system. I'm not competing, just running a moderately sized daily system.

I've got a BatCap 800 (it's a zapped battery that sits over 13.5V and has a low ESR) but I've never put it to use really. It's going in the new system. It's small and light and should be plenty for my system. I'm not competing, just running a moderately sized daily system.

I've got a battery zapper at the house, it's for small cells though.

Sub-C radio control type cells I assume?

Same principle.

Sub-C radio control type cells I assume?

Same principle.

Yea, those are the ones :) ... I could only imagine how much one for those large batts are.