as i sit here and think about what's going on at ca.com, the more i realize that it does no good to try to do something worthwhile on the internet. especially in car audio.

fudge..i dunno what i was expecting.

4 years ago, i got started at ca.com..and from ppl like zane (below reality), jlaine, denim and ramos (off the top of my head) i learned somethings. like just how important an enclosure is. how a ported box can sound just as good as sealed. how equipment is just a piece of the puzzle,not the answer.

eD was the company who's coattails u wanted to ride on. i remeber talking to ben trying to figure out how to get a pair of 8's to replace my hx2's.then it was adire and the brahma.all tha xmax and xbl^2..rewrote some thing.they are still going strong..kudo's to the DW crew. then it was stereo integrity. the magnum was the chit. again, like Adire, nick and SI has stood the test of time, hats off to them for a great product that i'll probably never get to hear. now it's re...and u better not flame the xxx...sheesh...IA and SS stand in line for the next wave of internet godliness..as does PowerBass and acendant(help me out here) subs..hopefully these last four will be more like adire and si....i know mike and SS will try.

man, how things change...it's all about who can flame who over what brand...over whatever they can. and god forbid someone mentions a sub isn't great in all applications. i guess some of the early, good lessons are forgot on the ones with strappable crowns' and ho alts and 4 yellow tops. now it's power cures all....don't sound good? throw twice it's rms at it. wait? it didn't play as low? u underpowered it by 50%. oh it was in a bigger box then recommended? the efficiency offered by such an enclosure won't help the sub..u gotta throw a flux capacitor at it to make it sing.

a sub is only as good as it's rms rating now..wow....

i guess u really can't teach an old dog new tricks, because i just ain't buying today's theory. i still believe the enclosure is 85% of the install. product and power (including the vehicle's ability to substain it)make up 10% of the rest..the other 5%, to quote one of the great ones from the past, is beer. lol..i've always liked that.

oh i guess i 'll calm down and return to the land of the internet. i still have to complete that review for the power people. and maybe there is some truth to their arguement, i'll know soon enough. and i'll say this...10 to 1 says i'll admit i was wrong before they will.

so when that is done, i believe i am too. i'll check into all the forums from time to time, but i think i'm just going to do car audio for me. no more enclosures, no more helping people design enclosures..just be a selfish internet hermit.

whatcha all think? i don't think i'll be missed either...nah..ca.com doesn't deserve this little editorial..one of you guys can copy and paste it, if u so choose. it'll just get flamed anyway..lol

so to that, i add.. :sadwavey:

and a few :finger::finger:

and for those happy to see this :woot::woot:

and one last

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

see ya around the forums...i'm out

kent dont leave, we still love you here

Bummer.. one thing I've learned on the internet is that longevity will require very thick skin wink2.gif

.. also, that in many cases it is better to just keep your mouth shut than to feed the fury of the flamers crazy2.gif

You know where I stand in this business, and if I ever start acting out of line I would hope that some of you people slap some sense into me! Honestly Kent, if you stop posting, that will take quite a bit of the joy out of the forums for me. The car audio community needs people who speak their piece based on experience, who aren't afraid to tell it like they see it, otherwise the madness will just perpetuate. yingyang.gif

On that note, you have to do what is right for you.

See you around, and thank you for being such a solid customer and friend!

Honestly man I dont post that much cuz I dont have the knowledge to add, but Ive learned alot from your posts and when you have helped me way back when I was trying to decide what I want. You have like every other post here-think of what youd be doing to this forum if you left!!!

And as for those doosh bags who feel the need to act stupid, sound stupid, flame ppl, and just spread nonsense I think that the internet is the reason they feel that they can do that and get away with it but at the same time the internet is also the reason you just need to ignore them because you kno your right and you can say whatever you want and you never have to see them face to face to hear their chit (if all that makes any sense)

(Quote below and add your name if you want mrray13 to stay)

So let me start a petition that you at least hang around ssaudio.com and lend you wisdom and Ill be the first to sign

Tom

mike, aaron..u got emails..lol

tom, thanks for the support..there is no need for a petiton,,i'm going ot be here ever so often.

i am going to change a lil for awhile, that is all...

u may not see my name in the members list, but chances are, i'll be one of the guests.

again, i had to vent a lil...and i need to cool off..that is all..lol

i'll be around..

sides, i now how much u guys would miss..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

All I have to say is good luck in whatevery you decide. I can say that you all ways have a very good educated answer for any question I have ever asked. Both forums will be loosing a valuable member. I do how ever agree hole heartedly with you about the CA.COM part. I came here after seeing Steves sig. Although SSA doesnt have as many members, the value of the ones we do have far out weight the lack of members. Please come back after you cool off. :D

this is just not right....

But I understand completely. I've abandoned that place a few times because the chit just gets to deep to bother wading into.

That, however doesn't affect SSA. Among others.

You'll be missed, dont take to long.

-Nick

yo kent u cant leave...u were on of the first people i put on my buddy list because its guys like u that got the knowledge that keeps me going....(speaking 4 myself)...so u cant leave...your good people

we need more people like u walking around

i'm not pleased at all :madsign:

I know how you feel brother, but you have to think, we've all been there. We've all had favorites that we would stick with till the end. Then maturity sets in and we grow and gain more knowledge. I used to be an eD fan too and didn't want to believe the hype. Once I got to understand the situation better and the character of the people involved, I knew something was wrong.

I can't tell you how many of those threads I see on the idiot boards that I so badly have to hold myself back on, but I do.

I just stroll over here or to SIN and get down to business.

Go take the S&W out and blow some stuff away, then come back and play! Take care, and don't fall too far away from us!

KEEP IN TOUCH!

RYAN

If i've learned anything at all in my 5 something odd years of CA and now SS, i can say i've learned nothing. Well nothing worth while, i still feel like a newb, I have to post threads asking what people think and how to do this and that. It's liek i know the basics, but you guys have ur own lil trade secrets.

If i've learned anything at all in my 5 something odd years of CA and now SS, i can say i've learned nothing. Well nothing worth while, i still feel like a newb, I have to post threads asking what people think and how to do this and that. It's liek i know the basics, but you guys have ur own lil trade secrets.

And as long as you keep asking, we'll be here. Someday you'll be a genious. I've been into this since age 11. I'm 26 now and just understanding even the basics of T/S parameters. Like anything, it's what you put in that determines what you'll get back. to lose and invaluable member and stanup guy like Kent is just stupid if you ask me. He took this personal, and hopefully he'll grow from this and grace us again!

Kent. . . . .

:wub::slayer:

Nice knowing ya buddy. Its sad to see that the bug has bit you.

You were always fun. CA.com is where i started, now ive merged over here because of you.

SSA is where the cool dudes hang out, you all many not consider me one..but you always want to be in the cool group, dont ya ?

I like to be out of the box. Unless it's a feminine box.

I can see leaving CA.com because its essentially full for idiots, one reason why I dont like to dwell in the sub section because its all about this sub vs this sub etc.

I've given up over there.... Just stay here and chill here. SSA is a fun place to be and you know it is lol!

y'all don't read to well...lol

i said i'd float in every so often..

anyway, i do indeed "feel the love" and will try my best not to ignore ssa.. here a review is just that...a review.

thanks again, and i'll try not to stay away for more then a day at a time..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Floating = :greddy2:

Floating = :greddy2:

:lol2:

I can see leaving CA.com because its essentially full for idiots, one reason why I dont like to dwell in the sub section because its all about this sub vs this sub etc.

I've given up over there.... Just stay here and chill here. SSA is a fun place to be and you know it is lol!

You can't leave fool, I'm waiting for the new sub to arrive and you needa help me build the box and $hit LOL!

screw ca.com LOL (not a flame) ;)

o yea Kent i thought u said u were leaving for a while? your still here dewd, i mean i dunno abt anyone else but i was looking forward to not having to hear ur stupid remarks every other post.....

lol u kno im just screwin with ya man, glad ur stickin around!!!

Tom