fritosaregood

4 7in woofers, tapped horn

I'm trying to picture the airflow, but this design isn't like anything I've seen before. It looks like the back wave can go both up the inside between the two boxes as well as inside the inner box? Where does the back wave exit the enclosure? I just can't see it from the pictures.

from what i thought happens, one wave is pushed between the two boxes and comes out the center of the inner box, while the other wave comes out the center box without goin inside the box, its length is 1/4 45 hz wavelength. I tryed to get it like the box on here, http://www.cowanaudio.com/th.html , except mine is like havin 4 of them put together.

That website makes it look like it is just a tapered quarter wave.

*edit*

You might find http://www.quarter-wave.com/ interesting. If you are interested in poking around more about different styles of enclosures go poke around www.diyaudio.com/forums, some quite interesting stuff is logged over there.

yea, i like the quarterwave site, i found it a few months ago and was up till about 3 am readin up on it.

i was readin more on the quarterwave site again, and it was sayin that for a trans line the cross area needs to be 2x the sd of the woofer, but i thought it needed to be 1x the sd.?

took it back apart to finish it up, it some what painted now and i put the 45's in, ill try to carpet it tomorrow after i get some glue.

PA290169.jpg

sanded and painted

PA300176.jpg

PA290170.jpg

PA290171.jpg

PA290172.jpg

PA290173.jpg

ive never had to put 45's on like this before

PA290174.jpg

PA290175.jpg

PA300178.jpg

it need a little more paint too, but i ran out

finishing up

PB140193.jpg

PB140194.jpg

PB140195.jpg

PB140196.jpg

PB140197.jpg

I would say this box is better than the first. i can stand outside my house with this thing on, and it still sounds like the sound is all around you. and all from 4 7in woofers. next up, one of these boxes with 4 sundown E8s, maybe the other box version too

nice job

this is the first time i have seen this type of enclosure

Looks cool as hell man

So I'm no pro when it comes to enclosures. All I've ever done is a sealed enclosure and infinite baffle. I've never seen anything like this before. What is the advantage of such a box vs a regular ported box?

yea. its those little $12 goldwoods from PE. I've been lookin at doin an enclosure thats a box inside a box and the port would be the space inbetween. then ones i started gettin into Tline boxes i thought this design would be easier to build and take ut less space to go into the corner of a room. this box turned out alot better than i expected. what i want to do now is build it for some 15s and throw it in a van or somethin big. but next up is 4 E8's