Sign in to follow this  
x3ro

What do you guys think of this setup?

Here's the setup I'm planning for thus far:

Head Unit - Pioneer Premiere DEH-P600UB (need/want the iPod control integrated, like the looks of the unit)

Front Stage - Morel Tempo 6

Front Stage Amp - Sundown Audio SAX-125.2 (check SA forum, released on the 21st of Nov.)

Sub Stage - Three 12" Fi SSD's

Sub Box - Custom box with 1.1cu ft per woofer

Sub Amp - Sundown Audio SAZ-1500D

Wiring - All Stinger 1/0g, stinger RCAs, stinger distribution blocks, etc... (getting a smokin' deal on stuff from a shop going out of business). Will be upgrading the "Big 3" as well.

Not planning on doing a rear stage or swapping in new rear speakers. Maybe I should throw in some matching Morel coax? Could I run them off the Pioneer HU? Or would it be worthless?

Will upgrade the battery. Need suggestions. Last time I built a system (several years ago), I just went with an Optima Yellow Top. What do you guys suggest nowadays?

Will be also upgrading to a Power Bastards 250A alternator.

how are you wiring the subs

I'll be getting the 2ohm DVC subs, wire the two VC on each sub in series for 4ohm, then wire all 3 subs in parallel for a final ~1.34 ohm load on the amp.

Wont get 100% of the potential out of it, but with 3 12's should get plenty loud, and sound great doing it.

And wtf is with the master* comment above your post?

have you considered running a larger emclosure due to the power you will be sending them. rated at 800w and i figure they would each see a little more than 400w and with the fi recommended .8-1.6cu sealed as close to the 1.6 as you could fit would have greater output in the lows.

have you considered running a larger emclosure due to the power you will be sending them. rated at 800w and i figure they would each see a little more than 400w and with the fi recommended .8-1.6cu sealed as close to the 1.6 as you could fit would have greater output in the lows.

Hmm. Definitely noted. I'll throw it up in WinISD and see what I can come up with. I went with 1.1 as that's what Fi recommended on a post here in the Technical forum.

master comment........ wasss

you said a power basterd alt.....

he was correcting you.... by saying master....... as in power master.

I meant what I said, Power Bastard, not Powermaster. I know the difference between the two.

http://www.powerbastards.com/products.asp?cat=179

It's hard to find a hi-amp alternator for the 07-08 Trailblazer SS.. The power bastards unit is supposed to be pretty good.

Lol. Sounds like you've got this under control.

My only recommendation would be to get a bigger amp... I know you don't NEED to give subs their RMS by any means, but 1500 will only give them a lil over half a piece.

As far as running the speakers off of the H/U, I wouldn't do it, but you could. Would kind of be pointless in a sense to buy a nice set of coax only to run them off of the H/U. You could definitely do it and be satisfied though! Good luck.

My only recommendation would be to get a bigger amp... I know you don't NEED to give subs their RMS by any means, but 1500 will only give them a lil over half a piece.

As far as running the speakers off of the H/U, I wouldn't do it, but you could. Would kind of be pointless in a sense to buy a nice set of coax only to run them off of the H/U. You could definitely do it and be satisfied though! Good luck.

I've thought about more power, but I like the price point of the Sundown amps, plus I want matching comp amp and sub amp.

Any recommendations for amps that have more power, have nice low prices for the power, and have matching 2 channel and mono channel amps?

I meant what I said, Power Bastard, not Powermaster. I know the difference between the two.

It's hard to find a hi-amp alternator for the 07-08 Trailblazer SS.. The power bastards unit is supposed to be pretty good.

chill out buddy.... you asked what i ment.. i told you.

I've thought about more power, but I like the price point of the Sundown amps, plus I want matching comp amp and sub amp.

Any recommendations for amps that have more power, have nice low prices for the power, and have matching 2 channel and mono channel amps?

the ia 20.1 would give a little more power, a sundown 3k would scream though :)

chill out buddy.... you asked what i ment.. i told you.

I'm not too excited ;) I just said that I know what I meant :P

i had never heard of them.. but they make one for my car too.. more power and cheaper then most other companys... im intrested to see how well yours works.

IIRC stinger RCA's and sundown amps don't get along very well

That seems to be more of a problem with Sundown amps in a strapped configuration, which I won't be doing.

i had never heard of them.. but they make one for my car too.. more power and cheaper then most other companys... im intrested to see how well yours works.

Sorry for assuming buddy. I am on the same boat with bigjon. I thought you meant power master and was giving them another name.

My bad man.

Sorry for assuming buddy. I am on the same boat with bigjon. I thought you meant power master and was giving them another name.

My bad man.

No biggy. I've been around car audio for 8+ years now. Just been out of the game lately. Still know of all the big name brands though.

You just made my decision on which alternator to get. :)

Thanks bro,

Curt

Why's that? LOL.

I've never used them. It's one of the few places I've even found a high output alt for my model of vehicle. The owner of the power bastards came on one of the TBSS forums I visit and told us about their product.

The two biggest things that stick out to me is a lack of sound deadening mentioned and a two-channel amp - get the 4-channel instead, I'm not sure if that head unit supports active bi-amping but I'd get one that could if it doesn't.

Other than that, looks fine. How things are installed is far more important than what is installed, anyway :)

I gave them a call and he gave me the run down for my alt and he seemed like he knew what he was talking about.

But I am not getting this till maybe a month. Waiting for the cash flow to rise and then Ill order it and let you know how it runs.

As far as matching amps, you could just get a Sundown SAZ-3000... At 1.34 ohms and careful w/ the gains you should be fine. And if you worry, just get the BP option on the SSD's. That'd raise their RMS to at least 1000 or so.

I didn't want to quote three people.... so here goes

Jim - You're correct, I didn't mention sound deadening, but I will be sound deadening both front doors, as well as the rear cargo area & hatch of the SUV. I'm not gonna pull out all the carpet and stuff, as I've been down that road, and it's more of a PITA than it's worth. Truck is already very quiet, and has a good bit of dampening from the factory. As far as the bi-amping stuff, I've never gone that route, and not sure what you mean. Maybe you could shoot me a PM and explain it a little further in depth?

hondaccord - Sounds cool. Their prices are good.

nick_19 - At $900 from SSA shop, it's a lot pricier than I want to spend. Plus I'd probably have to add excess batteries to my truck. I'm only looking to replace the factory battery. Unless you have some other suggestions for some more powerful amps that don't cost an arm and a leg.

I didn't want to quote three people.... so here goes

Jim - You're correct, I didn't mention sound deadening, but I will be sound deadening both front doors, as well as the rear cargo area & hatch of the SUV. I'm not gonna pull out all the carpet and stuff, as I've been down that road, and it's more of a PITA than it's worth. Truck is already very quiet, and has a good bit of dampening from the factory. As far as the bi-amping stuff, I've never gone that route, and not sure what you mean. Maybe you could shoot me a PM and explain it a little further in depth?

hondaccord - Sounds cool. Their prices are good.

nick_19 - At $900 from SSA shop, it's a lot pricier than I want to spend. Plus I'd probably have to add excess batteries to my truck. I'm only looking to replace the factory battery. Unless you have some other suggestions for some more powerful amps that don't cost an arm and a leg.

What is the range you would LIKE to spend on just the amp?

And I might not be completely correct on this, but I THINK bi-amping is where you have a component (not coax) set, and you will power the tweeters off of two channels (one ch. per tweet) and two channels on the mids.