Duran

Dual 15" Common Chamber Enclosure:

looks good. this is going to be an interesting build :)

looks good. this is going to be an interesting build :)

I hope so!

I messed up bromo and I actually only have 14" of height in my trunk, I would like to have a double baffle so I could flush mount the subs. Sorry.

:suicide-santa:

Oh I know, I wanted to shoot myself, good thing I haven't started building yet!

haha when do you plan to start building it?

Edited by RobClay

haha when do you plan to start building it?

This weekend, It might have to wait though. I'm short on cash.

ahh. make sure to post pics :P

I will, I need to finish glassing my tweeter pods too!

i would like to see this finished

I might get around to it, it depends on how much I get paid this week, I'm supposed to buy some batteries on Saturday.

I messed up bromo and I actually only have 14" of height in my trunk, I would like to have a double baffle so I could flush mount the subs. Sorry.

That drops you out of the ported pair of 15's internal volume range.

I don't know why, but I suddenly hate my car! :suicide-santa:

I know what you mean I'm not to fond of my car either, what kind of car do you have again I know you said a sedan but what exactly.

I know what you mean I'm not to fond of my car either, what kind of car do you have again I know you said a sedan but what exactly.

1999 Dodge Stratus

Well since I can't fit 15"s, could we tweak the box for an 18"? Like a BTL, I think $499 is more affordable anyways. 5-9 cubes.

Well since I can't fit 15"s, could we tweak the box for an 18"? Like a BTL, I think $499 is more affordable anyways. 5-9 cubes.

Sure you can. But I would still recommend considering some twelves. As of right now I got a box figured out for an 18 with the previous dimensions and a double baffle and your right at the minimum requirements and then you have to add bracing and you'll be REALLY close.

118D.jpg

I'm in a bit of a pickle. I have big dreams of breaking 150 dB with this, as I said, amp is a Sundown SAZ 3000D at 1 ohm, do you think its possible with 12"s?

I'm in a bit of a pickle. I have big dreams of breaking 150 dB with this, as I said, amp is a Sundown SAZ 3000D at 1 ohm, do you think its possible with 12"s?

Oh man and you were doing so well to. You know I cant answer that to many variables. I can tell you that I'm not to big on SPL numbers but from what I heard 150 is quite a feat to accomplish and takes quite a bit of testing and tuning on top of all that Ive heard it is even more difficult in a trunk car.

I can give you a little help on switching you to another person and that would be stratusrt01. He has an account here but hasn't been on in awhile but is a mod over on ROE and ive seen him on there lately. I know he has done extensive testing with his 01 stratus RT and may be able to point you in the right direction.

Oh man and you were doing so well to. You know I cant answer that to many variables. I can tell you that I'm not to big on SPL numbers but from what I heard 150 is quite a feat to accomplish and takes quite a bit of testing and tuning on top of all that Ive heard it is even more difficult in a trunk car.

I can give you a little help on switching you to another person and that would be stratusrt01. He has an account here but hasn't been on in awhile but is a mod over on ROE and ive seen him on there lately. I know he has done extensive testing with his 01 stratus RT and may be able to point you in the right direction.

Yes, I realize that is almost impossible to answer, I'm just getting tired of changing ideas so much. You have no Idea how frustrated I am with this stuff.

Thanks for the tip. I sent him a message, lets hope he gets it!

even with 2- 15's i dont see you doing 150. not that its not possible but the tuning is to low for starts. it will be one loud daily but not really a comp car. if you want to compete you need to do everything that will boost the output so the tuning should be about 2-3hz lower than your vehicle peak. take a look at the trunk car build he is running 5k to a pair of tens and doing high 140's you could do similar with the 12's in the right box.

Any chance he could maybe use some polyfill to make up for lack of airspace? I'm just wondering because I may be doing something similar with dual 15's.

Okay, I have made up my mind. I would rather have 2 12"s in the maximum enclosure possible vs. 2 15"s in an enclosure that is too small. 2 12"s it is!