antonmiller

FI BL Sub Box Help

I'm in need of some help on a box build. I'm planning on getting 1(one) fully loaded FI BL 12" dual 2ohm. I would like to know what size and type of port to use, I would like a slot port (not sure what its called) tuned at the recommended 32 hz. If some one could get me some ideas on the size of port to use and that sort of stuff(i have no clue how to make a good port). I have a 3d cad package (SolidWorks 2007) to were I can design it my self I just have no clue what size and type of port to use, or how to use it.

The set up is going in a Chevy Cavalier 2 door (rear seat does fold down, not sure if its relivent) and the amp I'm using is a Power Acoustik BAMF 2000/D (runs 1200 rms at 1 ohm). The maximum width for the trunk is 36" and the height is 17".

I will post up a concept in a little while for the style of box I want.

Also I can post up prints for the "cut sheet" as well.

All help is appreciated

Thanks,

Anton Miller

boxconcept1.jpg

concept1.jpg

This is my idea...

not sure if its good one

Ok, I used both programs and I got about the same results and here they are on the DWG. I was just wondering if some one could look it over and see if this is a good box for the bl 12.

PDF OF DRAWING

Again thanks for all your help!

Anton Miller

New PDF

this is a new design that i was suggested to go with thru a different source.

If there is anyone out there that has looked at this and has something to say please do speak up i want to be 100% prepared for this box build.

Thank you,

Anton Miller

Box looks good.

If you want 32 Hz tuning, I would make the rear port piece 4" longer (14" instead of 10"). You will still have 2.5 ft^3 net airspace.

You can also center the driver on the baffle between the port opening and the side wall. Will not make much difference. . .either way - I just think it looks better centered.

Brian

yea i know about the hz being off it was just a typo because i had that in the notes for the previous box design.

but i did construct it and put my fubar in it for now and it sounds great i cant wait to put a Bl in there.

Thanks for all your help.

Anton Miller