duece212

4 havoc15's, AB500.1, D3100's, Fisher Custom's box

Figured I would post this here too as I'm using a couple SSA vendor products. Bringing it back for the sealed guys. Might be a while to get this one finished up but hoping I can get it done in decent time.

Going with 4 AA Havoc 15's in a sealed 10 cubic foot Fisher Customs box. Hopefully Chris or BJ can chime in with a sketchup of the box.

Power will be from an American Bass 500.1 running at .5ohm. Electrical I am adding 3 powermaster d3100's, a second positive run of 1/0 and two negative 1/0 runs. Already have one run of positive, a yellowtop, and a 200amp meangreen alt installed. Frontstage (already installed) is some boston pro's on a kicker zx550.2 in sealed/damped/overkilled doors.

Here is a pic of where the batteries will be going. Thursday the shop that built the existing metal frame for me is going to make some mounts to secure the d3100's in the frame. I have room to add a 4th battery but I don't think I will need it and 240lbs of battery is already enough weight added.

f_newbuild001m_a60a794.jpg

And the amp

f_newbuild003m_89d5879.jpg

And I have 4 of these waiting going in:

f_havoc1m_5c8ea05.jpg

And here's what its all going in:

2613864436_eb9ef5cc17.jpg?v=0

Very nice,

is the enclosure going behind the batteries? or are you making a a frame and mounting it over top?

I am not a ford fan but thats a nice looking truck.

The enclosure is going over the batteries with the woofers firing up. The box is only 17.25" tall so it will still be well below the window line. It will all go in easy, how I make it look "pretty" will be another challenge...haha

Never been a ford fan either but somehow my last two vehicles have been fords...my family has disowned me because of it :lol:

Edited by duece212

Never been a ford fan either but somehow my last two vehicles have been fords...my family has disowned me because of it :lol:

completely understandable....hahaha

I am patiently awaiting updates on this as well

that is a tight truck, and a sweet picture!

do you happen to be on f150online?

Gotta love roads in the middle of nowhere for pic opportunities :)

I do post on f150online. I actually put the Fisher/Sundown raffle for Kyle Hicks over there yesterday. I see you have a scion but if you post over there please feel free to bump that thread:

http://www.f150online.com/forums/general-d...kyle-hicks.html

And since you have a Xb here is a fun pic of my truck :D

f_truckvscionm_5951d8f.jpg

Edited by duece212

just bumped it over there. i might have to put that up on my scion forum too

Right on man :)

Nice truck and this should be wild.

Well the good news is the batts are in and mounted solid, the upper frame is done, unfortunately I over estimated my installed height of the batts though so now I'm going to have to do some changing on the box design. Nothing major just an inch here and there. I'm sure Chris and BJ are tired of me changing stuff by now :lol::blush:

Anyway here are some pics of the batts mounted down and where the amps are going to go (ab500.1 and kicker zx550.2). I need to make some mounting tabs for them but should be quick and easy. May leave the sides of the frame open for cooling or may board them up and run fans if necessary, not sure yet. Will also have to add a support brace in the middle of the top piece of the frame:

f_newbuild004m_69b53a1.jpg

f_newbuild006m_a42fe3b.jpg

f_newbuild007m_6a4ebb3.jpg

thats really nice man!

u have some skill with metal!

I wish I could say thats my skill but its a local 4x4/fab shop that built that frame in the back. I could have built it but it wouldn't have turned out anywhere near as nice. The frame is nice and square for boarding up and bolts into existing locations from the back seat so I didn't have to tear up the truck.

What brand of power wire you have laying there in that picture?

Edited by holley2346

What brand of power wire you have laying there in that picture?

Its knukonceptz fleks cable. With the live.com rebate gig goin on ebay right now its not too bad a price. Just picked some more up for 2.80/ft shipped.

Basically the same as kicker hyperflex, big and flexible

nice

i love to see other truck builds...gives me sweet ideas sometimes

duece. YOu better do a dam 150!!!! lol

its Tom btw

No 50's in my future, my stuff is always quiet :/

come on with some updates :)

Hopefully I will get some wire ran in the next few days. The weather is supposed to be nice so might have to take some time offa work to take advantage of it. Sucks that I can't fit the truck in the garage to work on it when its cold.